• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Least Favorite Star Trek Line

"Get this cheese to sickbay." -Torres-

VGR the epsoide with the big germs.

"His brain is gone, Jim." –McCoy, "Spock's Brain"

I hate this line specifically because it sets the premise for a medically impossible (and IMHO, unbelievably stupid) episode. By all rights, he should have said "He'd dead, Jim" as per his usual. Oy. McCoy might as well have been talking about the guy who wrote it. "His brain is gone." No kidding.

I usually don't bash episodes, writers, actors, etc., but "Spock's Brain" was just mind-boggling in its... badness.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

please state the nature of the medical emergecy.
      That just started to annoy me every episode
      sigpic
      Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Davis
        "Get this cheese to sickbay." -Torres-

VGR the epsoide with the big germs.
        i coulda swore the doctor said that?

as for me, i've always hated Worf's "assimilate this" line from First Contact. It was way too cheesy...just trying too hard to be a funny line in Star Trek where it didn't belong in the first place. It was way too forced.

Comment

No way the 'Assimilate This!' Line was just so good! That and of course the 'If you were any other man I would kill you where you stand!'
          Anyway the worst line is the 'You'd better get down here'. It's used everytime something is meant to be shocking but isn't. Why can't they just tell the Captain what's going on over the Comm.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Any line that says, "I was doing this before your grandfather was born, in diapers, etc..."
            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I never liked "Make it so" or "Engage" either for that matter. I liked Picard fine, I just thought those were pretty wussy catch phrases.

Comment

Originally posted by Callista
                I never liked "Make it so" or "Engage" either for that matter. I liked Picard fine, I just thought those were pretty wussy catch phrases.
                Make it so is from the original pilot, The Cage ....

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
                  "His brain is gone, Jim." –McCoy, "Spock's Brain"

I hate this line specifically because it sets the premise for a medically impossible (and IMHO, unbelievably stupid) episode. By all rights, he should have said "He'd dead, Jim" as per his usual. Oy. McCoy might as well have been talking about the guy who wrote it. "His brain is gone." No kidding.

I usually don't bash episodes, writers, actors, etc., but "Spock's Brain" was just mind-boggling in its... badness.
                  Agreement on all points, although I don't mind if they do something medically impossible as long as it's a good and entertaining something and not too out there.....Spock's Brain was just.....bleah. That was on tv today. Turned it off pretty quick.

Comment

Data: "Saddle up. Lock and load"

WTF is that bunch of gonads? So unlike Data its silly.
                    err, whoooooo?

Comment

"Akoocheemoya. We are far from the places of our ancestors. We are far from the bones of our people..."

I cringe every time I hear it!
                      sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Any line involving that horrible little rodent, Neelix. Those gawd awful recipes and anecdotes! If only the Vidians had removed his tongue instead of his lungs...
                        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

That's one thing to hail Q Junior for

It's a pity cos Ethan Phillips is an absolutely lovely man.
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I like the cheese line And the "state the nature of the medical emergency" one Agree with the Akoochemoya thing >_<

I don't like any of Troi's lines that starts by "I feel..." >_< They invariably state the obvious X-D
                            May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

2 words: "Rain Check".

Ugh. Spiner had no business being in TATV...nor did Sirtis or Frakes.

Comment

Working...
                              X