This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one zat against two people

So I just saw a show of Stargate where a person was holding someone else in their hands. This holder person was then zated by a third. Only the holder was effected by the zat. The holdee was fine. So what gives? Does the zat power not conduct through people?
    "I've been called ugly, pug-ugly, fugly, pug-fugly, but never ugly-ugly." --- Moe Szyslak

I suppose it depends on where they're shot. This happened once before and then, the point of zat contact was roughly between them, so both people went down. In the more recent incident, the point of contact was solely on the one individual, so there was no division of the blast between them.

Believe it or not, this is probably not inconsistent with zat bolts partially stunning people who are standing on a metal platform. Humans have lots of electricity-conducting fluids and pathways on the inside but (typically) none on the outside, so they're more likely to contain an electrical blast than conduct it to another source.

Comment

Ya, But if it is enough to knock a person out then it should be enough to conduct between people. I am thinking along the same line as lightning.
      "I've been called ugly, pug-ugly, fugly, pug-fugly, but never ugly-ugly." --- Moe Szyslak

Comment

Yeah, it could just be a postproduction glitch. Ah well.

Comment

See- in the same show two people who were touching each other were effected by the same zat. Man- TPTB need to get this sorted out.

Comment

Yeah, I noticed that too, in the second "two people get hit by one bolt" shot today. I guess the first time was a fluke, because the conductivity of the zat blast seems established, in retrospective.

Comment

TPTB has already said the Zat does what they want it to. Sometimes it opens a door, sometimes it keeps the door shut.

Comment

Originally posted by airdish
                So I just saw a show of Stargate where a person was holding someone else in their hands. This holder person was then zated by a third. Only the holder was effected by the zat. The holdee was fine. So what gives? Does the zat power not conduct through people?
                Haven't you ever heard of "Smart Weapons"?
                I have two Amazon parrots and the scars to prove it.
                Zat Gun
                aka: URGO, aka: Stu

Comment

I think what your saying here is:
                  In ITLOD the Ashrak holds danny hostage, Teal'c zats Danny and the effect also zaps the ashrak.

In "Double Jeapody" Robo-Teal'c graps a jaffa as cover and is zatted the effect doesn't transfer to Teal'c.

Assuming thats what your on about. I see 3 possibiltities:

1) Zats transfer through people bit in the latter instance it was stopped by Teal'c's character sheilds
                  2) Zats can transfer through people but the Jaffa's Armour contained the blast to that Jaffa.
                  3) there are two models of Zat one which transfer one that doesn't.
                  sigpic
                  Banner By JME2

Comment

The zat just seems to work in whatever manner necessary. I guess it can pass through a wave of people, but would need a good conductor
                    __

__

Comment

*bows* Anubis is wise. Let TPTB worry about it!

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

There has been another incidence of this since this thread was started. I'll leave character names out so there are less spoilers.
                        S
                        A
                        C
                        R
                        I
                        F
                        I
                        C
                        E
                        S
                        In "Sacrifices" the zat hits two people, one being held hostage, and knocks them both down. However, neither of them become unconscious. I'm thinking since it hit two people, the effects are less severe. The charge is more dispersed going through 2 bodies rather than just 1. Plus they weren't standing on any metal.

So to answer the question, maybe only one of the two people shot can be affected if the shot hits more of one than the other. This could be due to the amount of metal the person has on such as armor or if they are the one who gets the greater part of the charge when hit.

Comment

Well with a tazer it can shoot up to like 25 people and still be as effective. But as others have said it's a show and a Zat can do whatever the writers want it to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Jolinarsam
                            There has been another incidence of this since this thread was started. I'll leave character names out so there are less spoilers.
                            S
                            A
                            C
                            R
                            I
                            F
                            I
                            C
                            E
                            S
                            In "Sacrifices" the zat hits two people, one being held hostage, and knocks them both down. However, neither of them become unconscious. I'm thinking since it hit two people, the effects are less severe. The charge is more dispersed going through 2 bodies rather than just 1. Plus they weren't standing on any metal.

So to answer the question, maybe only one of the two people shot can be affected if the shot hits more of one than the other. This could be due to the amount of metal the person has on such as armor or if they are the one who gets the greater part of the charge when hit.
                            it doesnt always render ppl unconscious, it's only supposed to inflict a lot of pain, maybe some ppl just have lower tolerance thresholds.
                            Ford: You know we still haven't named the planet yet
                            Sheppard: I'm sure the ancients have a name for it
                            Ford: How about atlantica? Something like that
                            Sheppard: I thought we agreed you were not going to name anything anymore

Comment

When two people are hit by one zat shot it is less effective. Neither Daniel or the Ashrak passed out in ItLoD, but Daniel fell over in pain and Teal'c was able to zat the Ashrak a second time.

It's also possible that only part of the zat shot will hit someone's arm or shoulder and they won't be knocked out (Like Jack in Exodus and Paradise Lost)

Comment

Working...
                              X