This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daedalus vs. ID4 city destroyer

I just had to put out a versus thread even though they are silly and pointless I still want to see people's reaction to this one.

Ok the battle takes place above the eliptic in the earth system both ships are fully powered fully outfitted and of course both know that only one can come out of this alive.

And for the record I have no clue who would win in this crossover.

If the city destroyer has those fighters, probably the city destroyer would would. Because they have thousands of fighters, compared to 8 F-302's on the Daedalus.

The Daedalus can win if they know the weakness in the city destroyers.
    Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
    Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

I'll have to give this one to the City Destroyers. Their shields didn't even seem damaged after that nuke.

Comment

Originally posted by newtrekker
        If the city destroyer has those fighters, probably the city destroyer would would. Because they have thousands of fighters, compared to 8 F-302's on the Daedalus.

The Daedalus can win if they know the weakness in the city destroyers.
        The Daedalus carries 16-20 F-302's.

What the hell is an ID4 city destroyer?

Best Stargate quote:
        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
        Green is your friend.

Comment

These things:

http://www.astrosurf.org/lombry/Docu...d4-ship-ny.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy
            I just had to put out a versus thread even though they are silly and pointless I still want to see people's reaction to this one.

Ok the battle takes place above the eliptic in the earth system both ships are fully powered fully outfitted and of course both know that only one can come out of this alive.

And for the record I have no clue who would win in this crossover.
            Considering that the City Destroyers can be taken out of commission by some guy with an Apple computer, I'm not particularly worried about their effectiveness in this matchup. The only real threat would be the fighters. Now the Daedalus, with its multiple rail gun emplacements, is quite the fighter-killer. After that it's just a matter of firing off a few naquadah-enhanced nuclear warheads and blowing the city-killer out of the sky. If by chance that does not work, well, there's always technobabble to fall back on. I'm sure Carter could pull something out of her (admittedly very shapely) arse to save the day.

Comment

Thank God for Carter's arse.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Joshua Talon
                Thank God for Carter's arse.
                Well yeah, but what does that have to do with this thread?

Comment

... Nothing.

Ahem. Back on topic.

Independence Day ships got taken down by a relatively simple computer program (considering our tech level to theirs). Ergo, not too worried about Daedalus. We'd be fine...

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                    The Daedalus carries 16-20 F-302's.

What the hell is an ID4 city destroyer?
                    But the Daedalus originally only had 8 F-302's.
                    Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                    Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                      I'll have to give this one to the City Destroyers. Their shields didn't even seem damaged after that nuke.
                      Neither is the Ha'tak. Two nuke missiles hit Apophisis' ship and they did not feel a thing.
                      "Thermodynamics is the only physical theory of universal content which, within the framework of the applicability of its basic concepts, I am convinced will never be overthrown." — Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Joshua Talon
                        ... Nothing.

Ahem. Back on topic.

Independence Day ships got taken down by a relatively simple computer program (considering our tech level to theirs). Ergo, not too worried about Daedalus. We'd be fine...
                        Only after we managed to sneak in with their own fighter that crashed 50 years ago.
                        It'll be interesting. Both ships have good shields.
                        Forget about the fighters. Their firepower is like miniscule firecrackers comparing to the main guns of the ships.
                        "Thermodynamics is the only physical theory of universal content which, within the framework of the applicability of its basic concepts, I am convinced will never be overthrown." — Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                          Well yeah, but what does that have to do with this thread?

Everything! Carter's (admittedly shapely) arse is where she'd pull a technobabble solution to the problem out of.

Carter: "If we can realign the gravimetric wave form of our hyperdrive coils and shunt that energy into the rail gun batteries, we should be able to produce a harmonic feedback loop that will render out the enemy shields useless!"

Daniel: "Like putting on a pair of noise-cancelling headphones! Brilliant!"

Comment

Originally posted by lethalfang
                            Neither is the Ha'tak. Two nuke missiles hit Apophisis' ship and they did not feel a thing.
                            They did not explode. They hit the shields and squished on it. Nuclear weapons do not go off when squished.

Comment

the city destroyers are 15 miles big. the bc303s are what 200-400m?

asgard could own them tho.

Comment

Working...
                              X