Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hated him so much in SG1 and at the start of Atlantis but then I watched episodes like 'Tao of Rodney', 'Sunday', 'Mckay and Mrs Miller', 'Grace Under Pressure' and a couple of others and think he's really really sweet now.

But he can still be the most annoying man on any planet some of time.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

I *love* Rodney... For me, he is just so much fun to watch, because he is just so full of quirks... The 'finger snapping' just cracks me up more than I can say.... And some of his facial expressions are just classic...
      Although, it does get me that whenever he's complaining that he doesn't have enough time, he kinda stares at the person he's talking to instead of just being like "shhh, I'm working"....
      But that's what makes him McKay....
      sigpic
      awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
        But he can still be the most annoying man on any planet some of time.
        So are my brothers, but I wouldn't trade them for anything
        "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
        "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
        Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

He just doesn't need to be THAT whiney ALL the time. Once in a while is enough. As it is now, he's too over the top 24/7. The gag has worn very thin. I'd like to see more range of his character than just the McWhiney version so much. They could turn it around, and instead of being the doom and gloom McWhiney that is constantly wasting time into an overly energetic overly ambitious "come on come on hurry up we can do this" type once in a while. Kind of like a 7 year old kid on mega doses of caffiene. That could be quirky and annoying too. It would be funny to see everyone just rolling their eyes trying to keep up with a Warp speed McWhiney. I don't hate, and yet don't like Rodney either. Sometimes I feel that someone, like Sheppard or Ronon, should just take Rodney over their knee and spank the living crap out of him. Now THAT would be very funny!!
          Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
          Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Attention David Hewlett fans!

Both David and Kate Hewlett will be guests at the "Shore Leave" convention, July 11-13th 2008 here in Hunt Valley (Just a bit north of Baltimore) Maryland!
            Come and see the sibling rivalry in person!
            For more information visit the Shore Leave thread here, http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=45614&page=13

and or the Shore Leave website: www.shore-leave.com
            Last edited by SG1Poz; 20 February 2008, 03:28 PM.

Comment

bump

Comment

Originally posted by Freekzilla View Post
                He just doesn't need to be THAT whiney ALL the time. Once in a while is enough. As it is now, he's too over the top 24/7. The gag has worn very thin. I'd like to see more range of his character than just the McWhiney version so much. They could turn it around, and instead of being the doom and gloom McWhiney that is constantly wasting time into an overly energetic overly ambitious "come on come on hurry up we can do this" type once in a while. Kind of like a 7 year old kid on mega doses of caffiene. That could be quirky and annoying too. It would be funny to see everyone just rolling their eyes trying to keep up with a Warp speed McWhiney. I don't hate, and yet don't like Rodney either. Sometimes I feel that someone, like Sheppard or Ronon, should just take Rodney over their knee and spank the living crap out of him. Now THAT would be very funny!!
                Yep, McKay whines more than a kindergarten full of five year olds! I am shocked Ronon hasn't simply shot him.

Comment

Folks, STOP bumping the thread. It's against the rules.

You want your thread on the first page, make a credible post. it not only gets the thread on the first page, it actually contributes something to the conversation as well
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
                    Attention David Hewlett fans!

Both David and Kate Hewlett will be guests at the "Shore Leave" convention, July 11-13th 2008 here in Hunt Valley (Just a bit north of Baltimore) Maryland!
                    Come and see the sibling rivalry in person!
                    For more information visit the Shore Leave thread here, http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=45614&page=13

and or the Shore Leave website: www.shore-leave.com
                    David should be a trip with his sister in tow. I wonder if ths will be his first visit to the east coast? I know it's not Kate's. I saw her perform in her play, "Humans Anonymous" last November. She's a great actress!

Comment

i love him , he wasn't involved with John i definitely be with him,

but if i worked on Atlantis with Mckay , i probaly cry everyday he would make my life miserable , but i love to watch him work
                      sigpic
                      May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

I definite love him from the first SGA ep I saw. I even don't find him annoying, only funny. He has made a pretty development through the seasons. The whining is just his personality. And in the end he is the one who almost always finds a solution for a tough problem (if he hasn't caused it ). He even fights well for a scientist-person. And he really is a reliable friend beneath the surface.

I have to admit that I probably would have a problem if I had to work with him. Because I don't think he would respect me with my tiny, little brain *LOL*

David Hewlett plays this character in an outstanding way. But this wasn't the question in this thread.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X