This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mckay-love him or hate him Let's discuss

The sister thread to "Ronan's Fighting Style". McKay looks to be highly trained in the art of schoolgirl catfighting.

-How did he come upon this mastery?

-Did he do his own stunts during these intense brawls?

-How were these brilliant moves coordinated?

-How much training did DH undergo?

-Was there any lengthy period of nail-growing that DH had to go through to achieve some of the finer points of catfighting?

-I noticed some drunk barfighting moves were incorporated, including the use of a rare weapon -- the bottle. How was this mix of style conceived? Was there any input from the actor's personal experience?

Hopefully this intriguing subject is embraced and discussed by those with a fascination with the finer martial arts.
    Last edited by AutumnDream; 26 November 2005, 07:04 PM.

*dies laughing* Those questions remain a mystery... but I would be heaping green on you just for asking them if the reputation system were working...
    "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
    My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

i have to admit that the way they did his fight scence is how i imaged him actually fighting except for actually winning. lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Spoilers for movie "Cypher":
        Spoiler:
        Perhaps the bottle is revenge for being smacked upside the head with one by Morgan/Jack?

I was expecting him to get his arse handed to him, to be honest; but as it turns out, that wasn't the case (even if the music during the fight did scream "We're taking the piss, don't go expecting more of this in the future, folks." ). He managed to work some quite advanced moves in there: the "Eye-gouge", "Right-hook-with-flailing-followthrough"; and the time-honoured favorite "Swift-kick-to-the-goolies". Perhaps McKay has a shadowy past we're yet to uncover...

-- Cynicatlantis - home of BeanieLantis, and other such silliness --

Comment

i really need to see the hive

Comment

i love the change in music when hes fighting, its almost street fighterish.

he fights like a girl....

Join the Neko Rebellion!!
            http://sgr.hl2files.com

Comment

Lol, Autumn, if I could give ya green I would.

I was waiting for the hair pulling to start, maybe they are saving that move for later.

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream
                -How much training did DH undergo?

-Was there any lengthy period of nail-growing that DH had to go through to achieve some of the finer points of catfighting?

-I noticed some drunk barfighting moves were incorporated, including the use of a rare weapon -- the bottle. How was this mix of style conceived? Was there any input from the actor's personal experience?

Hopefully this intriguing subject is embraced and discussed by those with a fascination with the finer martial arts.
                What are you trying to say? What is wrong with the way he fights? He got the job done and that is all that matters. Go team Rodney! O.K so he is no Bruce Lee but then he is a scientist and you now know what happens when you push one of them too far!

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                  What are you trying to say? What is wrong with the way he fights? He got the job done and that is all that matters. Go team Rodney! O.K so he is no Bruce Lee but then he is a scientist and you now know what happens when you push one of them too far!
                  Well, the hands all over the face was more ala Three Stooges but the kick in a strategic place definitely did the job. Why bust or scrape your knuckles when a foot can do the job so much better?

Comment

Well, he's a part of AR-1, so maybe Sheppard forced him to have some training lessons with Teyla (or Ronon later) so that he can defend himself a little better (it gets often mentioned in fanfic). And then combine this little fight training with Rodney's character (a little craven, labrat, doesn't feel the need to fight or even learn it, possibly hates exercise) and you have this very unique scientist fighting style which he wouldn't want to use very often and which wouldn't be half as effective if (spoilertags just in case)
                    Spoiler:
                    he wasn't on the enzyme.

I once read somewhere that DH did Taekwondo some time ago, btw.

Bye, A.
                    ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                    ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

I wasn't aware that Mckay had a fighting style. Well, except the panic first, and run second method.

Comment

That'd be awesome if a group of Genii/Wraith appeared, and suddenly McKay whipped out some Teyla-Sticks (tm) and fried them all lightning-fast.

Comment

it would have been untrue to rodney;s character if he had suddenly become chuck norris or something. ^_^ I think its cute.

Join the Neko Rebellion!!
                          http://sgr.hl2files.com

Comment

I thought he got a pretty awesome punch in there, but still you could tell he hasn't had many/any fights.

Comment

that style is known to all wussies and sissies alike.

Comment

Working...
                              X