No announcement yet.

Hide And Seek (103)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That great big mangly jesus irritates me as well. Then there's the kids, I can just hear the line "Ginko Bolo has something to say to you" being spoken every single week after the little brat has fingled something he shouldn't have. The extra's bill must be huge on Atlantis. I bet as the season goes on and they get more strapped for cash, we'll see less and less 'atmostphere personnel'.

Comment

Watched the episode again today with my usual group. We had it projected on some taped-together cloth or something which was hanging on the wall (which made me want a projector even more than I already did) and satisfied our manly hunger by ordering pizza. For some reason, I liked it much more the second time around ('Hide and Seek', that is - the pizza I only ate once). McKay definately made the episode. That guy is just getting cooler and cooler.

And I have to mention the opening credits sequence. I just love it! And that goes for both the visuals and the theme music. And I loved how Goldsmith weaved in the other Atlantis theme in there (the theme that was first heard in 'Lost City'... in this version it's the 'choir' part). Just great.
      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I have to say again, it was brilliant! Everything is just so great! I'm literally going through the great things in my head and there are too many to write down!

Comment

Well, everyone knows my previous early statements about me hoping Lt. Ford doesn't end up like Mayweather of Enterprise -- i.e. few on-screen moments save the occasional episode for himself here and there, and little to do. We're only on the 2nd episode so I hope this changes over the long term. As of right now and what I saw in "Hide and Seek" (featuring Anubis' cousin, LOL, a strange parallel between the episodes), I'm not happy so far with Ford.

He let out SUCH a terrifying scream when the darkness got him, but afterwards... just a FEW burns? Oh c'mon, I was hoping it'd be far more horrifying and scarrific than that and that they'd have to find some Ancient healing technology. He just had a few red patches that we could see, and that was it. Not terribly scary, and something akin to a staged horror movie

I hope McKay's device is not a one-off and that if it really is depleted, that they can find some way to recharge it for him. After all, it could be kind of an interesting dynamic contrast, as he isn't exactly a bona fide "courageous" type -- and maybe the shield helps him get braver over time but it isn't a magical device that always works.

If you want a truely terrifying "darkness", check out Stephen King's short story "The Raft". If THAT happened to Ford, I'm sure we'd all have problems sleeping.
          Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
          more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

wierd....i heard some one say that Teyla is not being developed enough....it's not that...to me all the character are being developed almost equally. and Ford is in no way like Mayweather...im really sure...he already had more lines then Mayweather in the first season i think you rush to judge way too fast...it was just the 3rd epsiode of the 1st season, give them more time....they only have 20eps for a season right now.

Comment

This ep was fun! It had me LOLing a lot. MacKay and Beckett and MacKay and Sheppard are shaping up to be good teams to watch.

So these Ancient were some cruel dudes, eh? Imagine, keeping that poor sentient creature trapped in that awful cage, alone and hungry, for some 10,000 years!

Yup, those pesky Ancients caused lots of mischief during their time....

It was nice to see a little interaction between the only two female leads, if even for only one small scene.

I liked how the names & places of real persons, like Doug Flutey(sp?) and real teams and real movies were used. Very cool touches. There's an almost unscripted feel to this show, so far, and I like it!
              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve
                I was pleasantly surprised. I thought it was a little to mellow for the premiere but they notched it up just that little bit that made it better for an opening theme for the show. I like it.
                I agree. I thought the Rising opener was bland, but I kinda expected that. This week's was a nice blend of Rising's, SG-1's and it's own, I think. There's not too much, but just enough of SG-1 in the music to know the two series are family.
                Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
                  He let out SUCH a terrifying scream when the darkness got him, but afterwards... just a FEW burns? Oh c'mon, I was hoping it'd be far more horrifying and scarrific than that and that they'd have to find some Ancient healing technology. He just had a few red patches that we could see, and that was it. Not terribly scary, and something akin to a staged horror movie.
                  SG-1 Lockdown SPOILERS

Have you ever been struck by lightning (that's what they compared it to)? I know I haven't, but I also know that most of the damage is internal, not external. Just because someone looks ok doesn't mean they are ok. Take the russian in Lockdown. He was dying but he didn't look any worse than Ford. I don't know about you, but I would have screamed about as loud as Ford if I was in that much pain.

Comment

I probably would of fainted

Edit: Scratch that I would have passed out from manly hunger. hehe

Comment

Originally posted by dannyh
                      The kids make it more realisitic to me, I mean Atlantis IS a CITY.
                      They DO need to setup a "recreation" area though
                      They Do need a "recreation" area or the kids would be all over the place. It would keep the kids out of the way and they would have a place to run.

I like the ep.

Comment

Originally posted by chiefchucky
                        I probably would of fainted

Edit: Scratch that I would have passed out from manly hunger. hehe
                        lol, nice one, you had me actually laughing out loud.

The episode was my favouritest episode EVER. And i think its funny how they play up the whole McKay being canadian thing.
                        I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

April (obsessed with David Hewlett)

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                          They Do need a "recreation" area or the kids would be all over the place. It would keep the kids out of the way and they would have a place to run.

I like the ep.
                          Just shove em out the window. Teach them how to swim.
                          sigpic

Comment

For me, McKay made this episode watchable. I just hope he isn't always primarily used for comedy.

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess

It was nice to see a little interaction between the only two female leads, if even for only one small scene.
                              Aha! Now I'm twigging as to why some people dislike Weir and Teyla!

I note that they haven't written many scenes for Weir to unburden herself. She has no confidant and hasn't been able to step out of "leader" mode. She's unable to show character because she hasn't had any scenes to show character. It's strictly business as usual.

The NATURAL way to show this is to have scenes between Weir and Teyla, who, by all rights, should be a co-equal with Weir (and is in some one a superior in that she's a hosting race to humans). However, in these two episodes, Teyla has not been written as that--a planetary head of state...she's been written as an underling and as a cog in the Stargate Atlantis team. That robs both Teyla and Weir of valuable characterization time.

Comment

You can compare Weir to Hammond... remember in the first episode Hammond was a straight military guy... I hated him... but his character developed and he became lovable... I think/hope the same will happen with Weir.

Comment

Working...
                                X