Hide And Seek (103)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RunOrDie
    Also sometimes the actors mumble incoherently or talk at 100 miles an hour, especially McKay. Maybe it's because he's Canadian or something. And don't get me started on the irish accent
    Some people just speak naturally fast. It has nothing to do with nationality. Puh-lease! Peter DeLuise can be pretty speedy when he gets going on a subject, too. Last time I checked, he was American.

As for the accent, Beckett is a Scotsman, so if you're trying to make it an Irish accent, yeah, it's going to sound bad.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      As for the accent, Beckett is a Scotsman, so if you're trying to make it an Irish accent, yeah, it's going to sound bad.
      Heh, I was thinking scottish but wrote irish. That'll teach me to reread my posts

Comment

I like the epsiode....McKay finally showed his bravery....! My mouth was open when they said that Ancients researched ascention...WOW...so we probably will get to know some more info about that in the later ep, and i can't wait for it. Basically the ep deserves, imho, maximum possible points!

Comment

I think McKay's bravery is going to be used as a plot device to get Sheppard to put him on his off-world team.

Comment

I was kind of ''áhh'' when Mckay couldn't get the device off of him, and even though i don't like the character much, i still felt bad, although i knew deep inside, he'll find a way to get it off.

As for fast-talking Mckay, if i understand what the person is saying, then i have no problem
            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
              I think McKay's bravery is going to be used as a plot device to get Sheppard to put him on his off-world team.
              I would have figured McKay was a natural for Shep's team, anyway, by dint of fact that he's the smartest of the crew and he knows the most about the gate and whatnot.

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode probably more than rising. I was sort of wishing that they would have sent the darkness to the wraith colony. That would have been a nice touch.

Comment

Originally posted by chiefchucky
                  I really enjoyed this episode probably more than rising. I was sort of wishing that they would have sent the darkness to the wraith colony. That would have been a nice touch.
                  That would have been AWESOME! Why didn't anyone think of that?! That would have been much cooler, and they would have dealt an incredible blow to the Wraith.

Obviously that ship would have immediately drawn the creature too it, even though the Shadow would be in orbit. After it was done draining that naquadah reacter it would have been HUGE and caused a lot of damage to the Wraith "mothership," and maybe would have killed a few of the SOBs in the process! We would have had our revenge for Colonel Sumner, to some degree.

A disappointing missed opportunity (sigh). I almost wish you hadn't said anything about it. Good idea!

Edit: Oooh, it gets even better! The entity would likely stay around the Stargate while it was draining the naquadah reactor. The Wraith would send Darts to investigate, and they would get "eaten up" by the Shadow and cause it to grow larger, and surround the gate more.

It any Wraith Darts dialled the Gate and tried to escape, the entity would draw power from the gate (for at least 38 minutes) and grow exponentially larger. So, the Wraith would not be able to use the gate, which keeps Pegasus safe, and Wraith could not escape.

Once the entity was done draining the Terran naquadah reactor, the Wraith Darts, and the Stargate (whenever it was active) it would seek the next largest power source; the Wraith "mothership." Of course the Wraith would have to survive, but the Shadow attack would limit their capability (and they could possibly lose their mothership) which helps level the playing field and allow us humans from Earth to be able to effectively defeat the Wraith (eventually) when the Ancients could not.

The story practically writes itself! The only flaw I could see is if the entity went to the Sun as the largest power source instead of the ship, but if it's smart enough not to go back to its cage, its smart enough not to go after a star.
                  Last edited by Major Tyler; 24 July 2004, 11:52 PM. Reason: I thought of more :)
                  Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Or not. Perhaps the Wraith knows all about this creature...and knew how to use it to destroy Ancient colonies.

Think the Atlantis gang would need more information before they decide to do that kind of thing...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      I would have figured McKay was a natural for Shep's team, anyway, by dint of fact that he's the smartest of the crew and he knows the most about the gate and whatnot.
                      Besides, judging by dialogue between Sheppard and Teyla, he's already put his team together. That, by the way, is something that annoyed me a little: It only got mentioned in passing, and we weren't even told who the team members would be. What made him pick Teyla? Who else did he pick? Are we meant to just assume everyone in the opening titles got picked?
                      Last edited by Ugly Pig; 25 July 2004, 02:13 AM. Reason: Fixed a screw-up.
                      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                        Besides, judging by dialogue between Sheppard and Teyla, he's already put his team together. That, by the way, is something that annoyed me a little: It only got mentioned in passing, and we weren't even told who the team members would be. What made him pick Teyla? Who else did he pick? Are we meant to just assume everyone in the opening titles got picked?
                        I was just assuming that was something they were going to make clear when they finally go off-world. There wasn't much point in telling us who's on the team in this episode, because it wouldn't have made any difference. It still would've gone by in the midst of conversation, because the entire personnel was acting as a team.
                        It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

That's just what we need, the Wraith learning to ascend. They don't know how smart these Wraith are or what kind of technologies they have. I would think they would leave them be until they can better asses the situation. They are going to come after Atlantis anyway, its better if they don't have a bigger reason than just to feed.

My humble opinion
                          Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

H

Comment

Originally posted by redtwo
                            That's just what we need, the Wraith learning to ascend.
                            I don't think they'd learn to ascend by being killed by an energy being. They'd have to capture and study it...I doubt they have the equipment ready for just such an occasion. Plus it took the Ancients millions of years of study, and thousands of years of mental discipline to Ascend. I don't think the Wraith are into Zen things.

Originally posted by redtwo
                            They don't know how smart these Wraith are or what kind of technologies they have.
                            They can't be too smart if they let a couple humans just waltz in and kill their Keeper. And their technology wasn't that impressive to be honest...their Darts didn't even have shields.

Comment

the jumpers don't have shields either. But at least they have Glowy Jellyfish, a large stock of them, apparently. And Even 1 jellyfish is enough to take down a dart.

Allthough, in TLC, the GJODs could destroy things, and still exist....in Rising, when they hit a dart, they were destroyed...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                                the jumpers don't have shields either.
                                I never claimed they did.

Comment

Working...
                                X