This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

underwater operations

Hello first post here and was wondering if any of these ideas actually get in?
    but anywayz.. if they do have a listen to this.
    atlantis is sorrounded by water right. is it possible for them to have built an underwater base containing some sort of ship / weapon / defence / satalight / ZPM, watever may be intresting to the script writers at this time. maybe on the main land somewhere there is a elevator / beaming tech. / or tunnle to this point of opperations. and only poeple with the ancient gene can enter where the gene dr becket made will not work. maybe a series of gates in the making/ or maybe its where the old Dr wier comes on. and the time machine is stored down there? instead of being destroyed however inactive. maybe can be used for a good climax to the end of season3.
    and also the thought of warewolves with silver. maybe they can find something along those lines for the wraith. **ahhhh ehhehehehe** (little school girl laugh)
    I LOVE THIS SHOW!
    I WANNA SEE MY ATLANTIANS!
    thanks Aussie

Possible, TPTB are always on the look out for new ideas, an underwater facility I can see happening, UNDER atlantis is a bit more dodge... more likely on another planet

welcome!
    The Advertisements MGM never wants you to see!!

Comment

werewolves?????????

i've died and woke up at gateworld.....well i did't die but i did wake up @ gateworld, the place where any idea is posted with all the foley of the people who come here, i love you all today, werewolves and silver..hmmm.....space vamps aka wraith i see the connection now where as before the universe was dark and mysterious...a moment of clarity if you will, no but anyway welcome to GW and have fun on here all ideas welcome and a laugh is hard to find these days and expensive thats why i come here to laugh with others not at them don't get me wrong
      For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

IF they could find at least one more ZPM, underwater operations around Atlantis would be feasible, but to what end? We now know that the ocean of Atlantis holds at least one species, probably sentient, but with everything else going on, perhaps season 3 is too early to explore the oceans. However, who knows....perhaps there is something useful down there, left by the Ancients. Guess we'll have to wait and see if any of tptb are scuba enthusiast.
        On fighting:
        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

The idea of an underwater base, downed ship etc has been mentioned before. I think Atlantis should send a reinforced puddle jumper to explore the nearby oceans, picking up an EM signature they discover another gate. This gate has no dialling; it only goes to one destination.

This idea introduces a new race an old ally of the ancients in the PG. The ancients gave them basic tech to help them flourish; they are what have become known as Mermaids.

sigpic

Comment

I think it would be a good story, they know somethings down there, but they dont know how to get to it, like, it is deeper than the puddle jumper can go, like a crashed ship, or a sience facility, i also like the idea of somewhere on the main land there is a transporter or something that takes you down there, like, rings maybe, that would be cool

Comment

Stargate: DSV haha

Stargate: Seaquest

the good ole days of sg-1

Comment

At one stage Atlantis was the underwater base.

A ship base is unlikely, how would the ships get out of 6 miles of ocean? Seems like an unnecessary obstacle to overcome.
                An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

the 6 miles of ocean would shield them from wraith attacks, and in rising we saw an outpost left behind when atlantis left,,,,,,,,,,,,, puls atlantis should have producdion facilities, and with those a zpm builder

Comment

If there was an ZPM production facility anywhere near atlantis why did Dr weir have to rotate the remaining ZPMs to save the city and the expedition from drowning?

What we do know is that all vessel were recalled to atlantis when the city was under the ocean...how did the vessels land? Did they just beam down their crew or did they send the huge vessels into the sea?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ludofjn
                      the 6 miles of ocean would shield them from wraith attacks, and in rising we saw an outpost left behind when atlantis left,,,,,,,,,,,,, puls atlantis should have producdion facilities, and with those a zpm builder
                      Rite....a quick point. ZPM go boom, make big bang, Atlantis go bye bye in that boom most probably. I don't think they'd have ZPM production on Atlantis, maybe a Stargate production yea....but not ZPM.

I think we should see something underwater even if its just a marine biology station.
                      Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Atlantis as we saw was being held to the ocean floor, i dont kno what could have done that, other than some sore of imbedded locking mechanism, that lock could also have a few extra facilitis attached to it, yes maybe even a shipyard, in terms of accessing it, no biggy, the shields of a ship could easily be adapted to take what the pressure

and someone mentioned we know about other inhabitants, i kno of the whale like thingey, what is this about being sentient?
                        why does McKay pronounce it Day-ta and not Data?
                        Or why loootenant and not lieutenant?

Comment

At the very least it is conceivable that the planet has a ship manufacturing facility like the one they found in Inferno. The settlers living on the continent will likely discover the entrance to some sort of advanced research center, or even possibly an ancient settlement on the mainland.

There are many unanswered questions about the planet where Atlantis is located which leaves a lot of room for the writers in future seasons. One interesting plot twist could have a wraith hive ship landing on the planet and attempting to make a permanent base, forcing the humans to get a bit more creative with their defensive capabilities and their exploration of the planet. Another point to consider is that there may be other planets in to solar system that have some really interesting things to discover.

Comment

spoilers

according to a new ep for eason 3, i forget which one, they fine a city identical to atlantis which is controled by lantianish ppl, they made the hotzone virus and can also make zpm's, if we end up making friends with them instead of them destroying us like it says....we could get a lot of zpm's. and make earth happy and deady can go fast and strong and pish off the wraith!!!

Comment

my grammar is so gd!!!!
                              and spelling too, you wouldnt think i was english...more at the american standard of spelling and grammar.....

Comment

Working...
                              X