Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wonder if the Asgard have a power source that rivels a ZPM to power their ships?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if the Asgard have a power source that rivels a ZPM to power their ships?

Their ships are enormous, capable of intergalactic travel many times faster than the deadalus(spelling?) and have superior weapons and shields on their own ships when compared to almost everyone else. Im suprised the SGC hasnt asked them. For all we know the asgard could easily fully power Atlantis back up. But than again I guess it would kinda ruin the show too huh if they just bailed us out of everything?
    Last edited by seinfeldsg1; 25 February 2006, 09:54 PM.
    SG-1 Rocks!!

In terms of Asgard power sources well in the first replicator episode Thor said the Beliskner was powered by a Neutrino Ion Generator or something like that. Bearing in mind this was with the Beliskner, an old design so its entirely possible that a new power source was found.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Their power source probably is comparable to a ZPM, but it must be considerably bulky. Aren't Asgard ships gigantic?

Comment

The tollans had something of unlimited energy didn't they? But they didn't give it to us, and now, well they are dead!

Comment

The Tollan were probably exagerating. From what I understand, a ZPM could have easily powered the entired human race from the invention of electricity until now.

Say they give a less-refined zpm (maybe alot larger, as in the size of a car for the same power output as an ancient zpm) to a race that has a population of 50 000, how long do you think it will last? More or less forever.

Comment

yes a zpm could power us for centuries.

anyway imo they do. they got 3 of them per ship

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
              In terms of Asgard power sources well in the first replicator episode Thor said the Beliskner was powered by a Neutrino Ion Generator or something like that. Bearing in mind this was with the Beliskner, an old design so its entirely possible that a new power source was found.
              The Beliskner was powered by three Neutrino Ion Generators. If I remember correct they were large, but not as large as the Beliskner's hyperdrive engines. The engines comprise both of the vertical "spires" at the rear of the ship.

I believe the Asgard have similiar power generation capabilities compared to the Ancients, however, the Ancients had considerably smaller generators/whatever you want to call them.

Comment

Its actually four Neutrino Ion Generators.

Best Stargate quote:
                Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                Green is your friend.

Comment

I guessing they probably do as has already been said but on a larger scale than the ZPMs. IN size that is not power output.
                  Last edited by V-MAN; 27 February 2006, 05:12 AM.

Comment

I wonder if it would be in the sgc's best interest to ask the asgard's if they have a way to recharge dead zpm's. I bet the do.
                    SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

Actually, given the on show stated energy output of a ion-neutrio genertor on a beliskner class asgard ship, the asgard do not have anything even in the same league as a ZPM.

Wach 3x22 Nemesis and listen VERY closely to the ships specification the thor recording gives. Its abit hard to understand since O'Neil starts mumbling something right over it, but it says 1 billion kilo joule, per generator.
                      Thats 1x10^12 joule, a bit less then 1/4th of a 1KT nuclear explosion.
                      One can speculate that is the energy release per second, which would be the most likely definition. Its not realy that much.
                      With an Matter/anti matter reaction would would only need 0.011127g of mass per second for the same result, given 100% efficiency.

A ZPM with has to give out the same amount of energy would last then at least
                      951293759512 years .... Thats about 0.63 times as long as the universe is old, asuming its 15billion years old.

Comment

WHat power sources do the replicators used, ships, and themselves?

Comment

i would assume as much or something close to it
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Auralis
                            Actually, given the on show stated energy output of a ion-neutrio genertor on a beliskner class asgard ship, the asgard do not have anything even in the same league as a ZPM.

Wach 3x22 Nemesis and listen VERY closely to the ships specification the thor recording gives. Its abit hard to understand since O'Neil starts mumbling something right over it, but it says 1 billion kilo joule, per generator.
                            Thats 1x10^12 joule, a bit less then 1/4th of a 1KT nuclear explosion.
                            One can speculate that is the energy release per second, which would be the most likely definition. Its not realy that much.
                            With an Matter/anti matter reaction would would only need 0.011127g of mass per second for the same result, given 100% efficiency.

A ZPM with has to give out the same amount of energy would last then at least
                            951293759512 years .... Thats about 0.63 times as long as the universe is old, asuming its 15billion years old.
                            O'niell class ships are a lot more powerful tho.

I remember an episode where the Prometheus landed on that replicator planet, Carter suggested overloading the reactor(s) of the Prometheus to destroy the replicators Thor advises against this because he says all it would do it just feed the replicators energy. I don't know how much power that would have released but it would have been a lot more than doing something similar with a fission reactors because the Prometheus runs on Naquadah.

The point I'm making is (well trying to) that replicator planet turns into a ship then goes to the new Asgard homeworld where it meets 5 or 6 Asgard O'Niell class ship that promptly blow most of it to bits using their directed energy weapons. These directed energy weapons must have been a hell of a lot more powerful than detonating a Naquadah reactor.

Comment

Originally posted by Frunk
                              Their power source probably is comparable to a ZPM, but it must be considerably bulky. Aren't Asgard ships gigantic?
                              yes, compared to the x-303 it was 2 times bigger in length alone.

Now in use. pps is at 4,929 Terawatts
                              pps = power per second
                              The power that power's the great cities of the Ancients.
                              xfire = zpm
                              [m2k] klan, and forever will be.
                              http://m2kclan.com
                              vent info: voice250.hurricanehost.com
                              port: 3785
                              P90>M4A1+AK47+Machine Gun
                              halo player and cs:s, cs:1.6, cz, cod2.
                              Save Stargate NOW!!!- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

Working...
                              X