This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

episode threads buyer be were

i sent in the disc 5 of season 8 like sony/mgm told me to i just got it in the mail today and its not fixed its the same dick that i sent them in the 1st place i am so piss off right now i lost all faith in mgm right now threads was a 90 min episode not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a 60 min episode and thay sant the 60 min one back to me lmao thats the same one i sant them can some one helpme please
    carter "colone?"
    o'neill "it,s my side arm, i swear. no giggling."

Originally posted by starathena74
    i sent in the disc 5 of season 8 like sony/mgm told me to i just got it in the mail today and its not fixed its the same dick that i sent them in the 1st place i am so piss off right now i lost all faith in mgm right now threads was a 90 min episode not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a 60 min episode and thay sant the 60 min one back to me lmao thats the same one i sant them can some one helpme please
    A note: The 60 min episode IS the correct version. The shorter version is actually 43 minutes. The longer version is 64 minutes. You're forgetting that there were 26 extra minutes of commercials when the 64 minute episode aired originally. So the version you got back is really the CORRECT version.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
      A note: The 60 min episode IS the correct version. The shorter version is actually 43 minutes. The longer version is 64 minutes. You're forgetting that there were 26 extra minutes of commercials when the 64 minute episode aired originally. So the version you got back is really the CORRECT version.
      i just looked at it its the same episode i sent them the episode starts out with onaill being in bed with a woman
      carter "colone?"
      o'neill "it,s my side arm, i swear. no giggling."

Comment

Originally posted by starathena74
        i just looked at it its the same episode i sent them the episode starts out with onaill being in bed with a woman
        watch the episode to the end, and check the timestamp on the dvd player when the credits roll. If the time reads around 64 minutes, your version is correct.

Comment

they're right

the original dvd version of threads was 41-43 minutes depending on if you're region 1 or 2

if the time stamp at the end is at 64 minutes, then you have the origianl broadcast version.

all the regular 1 hour episodes are only 41-43 minutes in length. the rest of that hour is filled up with commercials
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Caveat emptor!

Comment

im confused if the episode "threads" was a specialy long episode then 41-43 minutes long is incorrect, the episode i have on DVD lasts longer, i hink the correct version is about a hour or so long, i did't know there was a short version?
              For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Threads originally aired in a 90-minute time-slot. Subtracting commercial time, that means that the episode was approximately 64 minutes in length.

For syndication purposes, Threads will not be receiving a 90 minute time-slot, and thus the episode has been edited down to fit into a 60 minute time-slot.

A 60 minute time-slot episode of SG-1, subtracting commercial time, is around 43 minutes.

When the SG-1 Season 8 box set was first released, it included the edited-for-syndication 43 minute version of Threads, when they should have received the original-length 64 minute version.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
                  im confused if the episode "threads" was a specialy long episode then 41-43 minutes long is incorrect, the episode i have on DVD lasts longer, i hink the correct version is about a hour or so long, i did't know there was a short version?
                  The length of the episode + adverts was 1 hour 30 minutes on Sky One/Sci-Fi in the UK/US, the episode itself lasted for just over 60 minutes.

Over here in the UK tommorrow Channel 4 who show Stargate for free (Sky One is a cable channel) are showing threads (they are a year behind Sky One) in its full version but it seems broadcasters who show Stargate for free in the US opted for a shorter edited version to fit it in an hour slot with the usual 20 minutes of adverts.

If you watch threads of you DVD player it should last for 1 hour , if it lasts for 40 minutes you have the shortened version.

Hope that helps clear up things.
                  Support Stargate and Stargate Atlantis to be made avalaible via i-tunes, write your support on this thread and vote in the poll to get Sony to put the show on i-tunes.
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=23944

Comment

Working...
                  X