This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attacking Capabilities (Spoilers!!)

I was thinking today about the Deadalus and what we could do to destroy hive ships, see what u think

Oddesy and Deadalus togather

vs

Hives

Each deady class ship has 2 hanger bays capable of holding 8 F302's in each bay. Except I've heard many people mension on the forums that they thought that one of the bays would serve as a return bay, and one as a launch bay. To answer this - http://www.stargate-tech.net/starshi...h/daedalus.htm - Scroll down and you will see a close up picture of the figher bay and what appears to be a smaller bay next door which is belived to be a return door for the bay. For the purpose of this post im going to assume that it is.

With this information, we can now say that deady class ships can support 16 fighters each - 8 in each bay, so deady and oddesy combined can hold 32 fighters in all.

We also know that since the tower we gained at least double our original supply of jumpers asuming that the second city had as many fighters as atlantis does (since the people in the tower couldnt fly them because of ATA gene lacking strength, i think its ok to assume this). We know after "coup d'etat" that atlantis orginally had 10 jumpers - one of the genni tell us (Cowen i belive - spelling?), so that should mean we have about 20 jumpers in all.

We know that jumpers can hold at least 6 drones each has witnessed in "Rising 1 + 2" when we see the weapon arms extend, perhaps even more, plus atlantis has a decent supply too. 20 jumpers - 6 drones a jumper = 120+ drones plus reloads on deadalus and oddesy if they take some drones from atlantis and store them.

In "lost city part 2" we know that the ancient outpost fired "thousands" of drones. and these drone completley destroy 30 hatak vessels. with that we can deduct that several hundred drones must of attacked each hatak. we have 120+ to play with plus reloads so at most i say we have 250 drones to play with.

if we loaded all 20 jumpers on to deady and oddesy plus another 12 F302's im sure that those 20 jumpers could do some crippleing damage to hive ships. maybe not destroy one with drones alone because we'd need alot more - but taking systems such as weapons, hyperdrive, sublight engines offline by taking acurate shots. We saw in "condemed" what a single drone can do to a cruiser, and the answer is a hell of a lot of damage, if all 20 jumpers took positions around a hive and then all uncloaked at once, fired, and recloaked i imagine you could leave a hive crippled pretty easily. then with that you have the deady and odesy with nuclear missiles and railguns to finish the crippled hive plus missiles from the remaining F302's also.

In all its a hell of a lot of fire power coming from those jumpers and BC's combined. I would think we could take on hives at least when there on there own and not in groups.

I understand this would probably eat up our drone supply and also make the wraith mad and maybe come back to atlantis, but its worth pointing out that if the time came, we could probably do some seriuos damage to the wraith hive ships if need be.

I understand the TPTB wont let us do this. put say atlantis gets attacked at some point, i think its very reasonable to assume that those "Transport" jumpers can be very useful and can be very dangerous to the wraith with there drones

I no it will never happen but it was worth pointing out

any thoughts/suggestions?

if any of this dont make sence or is worded wrong then sorry, been a long day lol
    Last edited by RobJones; 15 February 2006, 03:29 PM.

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

hmmmmm

thought id get at least 1 reply lol

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

Comment

Yeah we have firepower but only in small ships, the hive ships are prob at least 2/3 times the Daedy and Oddyssey. The hive ships also have many more darts than we have F302s and PJs if we fill the hangar bays. The fact is that we would not do much damage at all because on top of this dont the hive ships have shields? (not too sure on that) but even if they dont, they have energy weapons and within a few shots are shields are critical and we would need to get out as soon as possible and that would be a problem if the F302s and PJs were still out fighting.

The fact is we need some better weapons, no matter what other alternatives there are and we need something to power our shields to reach their potential then we could withstand the shots of a hive ship

Comment

why bother with PJ's and stuff? cut out the middle man an use the ZPM to power the chiar...or move the gate in to space and just let the atlnatis chair fly drones through the space directly!
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

That could be done but they have only got a limited amount of drones compared to how much we would need to attack and destroy each hive ship we can find as well as defend Atlantis and use them on future enemies. The fact is that if we used all of the drones trying to attack one or two hive ships, then there would be several hive ships on the way to Atlantis and we would have nothing to defend Atlantis

Comment

aah but this about it if you can remote pilot drones accross a galaxy then why not remote pilot the other galaxies drones...the atlantis chair can be set to some kind of swarm mode. so that when the drones are on earth they connect up with all the other drones from antartica and atack unmass.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
              aah but this about it if you can remote pilot drones accross a galaxy then why not remote pilot the other galaxies drones...the atlantis chair can be set to some kind of swarm mode. so that when the drones are on earth they connect up with all the other drones from antartica and atack unmass.
              How do you know that the chair can do this, anyway there will still be same situation cuz Earth wont have enough drones to do this, so we will still need more and we have only destroyed several hive ships out of over 60 in the PG

Comment

We have only, the wraith have 60 ships, the goauld has thousands...they will get beaten. and we know it has that capcity ( to swarm) because that what oniel does in TLC.
                sigpic
                11000! green me

Comment

the hive ships were designed to witstand drones.. they made the hull stronger with no shield because of the alteran wepons... hard to destroy em without nukes
                  "I'm still trying to understand, how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony."
                  "Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried."
                  "I shot him. In the leg."
                  "I'm invulnerable."
                  "Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?"
                  "In-vul-ner-able!"

Comment

and you know this how?
                    sigpic
                    11000! green me

Comment

there are only 60 hive ships that we know of. Zalenka said himself that there could be thousands more out there. and as for the hull, it would make perfect sense to do this seeing as the Ancients did not have any other weapons than the drones (or at least what we know so far) and they were at war with the Ancients and this is the easiest thing to do. This way the Ancients had no way of fighting back and protecting themselves

Comment

the ancients have laser thingys and ion cannon space guns...and the wraith hulls are biological so they cant be that resistant to energy weapons.
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

I think after seeing what a single drone did to a cruiser in condemned, i think its safe to assume that wraith hulls are not that strong, and as mensioned, they are biologically built, so they cant be upgraded. and the wraith do not use sheild technology as far as we have witnessed so far. athough i do wonder what stops there ships from decompressing e.g. the hanger bays

as for the idea itself - the drones arent intended to destroy the hives, there intented to dissable it e.g. the weapons, the engines, the jamming signal.

this way the deadalus and/or odesy/and/or any other earth vessels can launch/beam the nuclear missiles at the hives to finish them off. at the moment our missiles are getting intercepted, if we can dissable the weapons we have a better chance of missiles getting through.

the deadalus class ships destroy the hive, not the jumpers

Dont let our show die.

Comment

Thats a good idea bout the jamming code, and it should work but there will always be a twist to stop them doing this that easily

Comment

We just have to find another forgotten outpost, and build a chair with drones into the deady

Comment

Working...
                              X