Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay
    or Scottish Television (Our ITV )
    I immediately thought the same when I saw it.
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

VOY was always the tv show as far as i was aware.

i'm sure VGR was in reference to both the original voyager space probe, and as a result of that ST: the motion picture, where as far as i can remember they encountered that probe.

Comment

Whatever makes you happy.

But you will be happy if people understand you so I would suggest using whichever is predominant wherever you’re posting.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
          STV is not an option?
          It goes like this
          ST: TOS
          ST: TNG
          ST: DS9
          ST: VGR
          ST: ENT

the ST is a different thing altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
            VOY - It's what Voyager's always been shortened to

VGR - Reminds me of Star Trek: The Motion Picture

STV - Reminds me of Star Trek V: The Final Frontier

or Scottish Television (Our ITV )
            Bingo, I see VGR and I think the first movie. I have always used VOY.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Davis
              It goes like this
              ST: TOS
              ST: TNG
              ST: DS9
              ST: VGR
              ST: ENT

the ST is a different thing altogether.
              You missed TAS, and posting "VGR" as an absolute is just begging for argument when that's the whole point of this thread.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Every Trek site I'm on (and the Star Trek Encyclopedia (yup...I'm sad )) lists

ST:TOS
                ST:TNG
                STS9
                ST:VOY
                ST:ENT
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid
                  You missed TAS, and posting "VGR" as an absolute is just begging for argument when that's the whole point of this thread.
                  Roddenberry admited that TAS was a non cannon Trek project. It dosn't count as a Trek show in my mind so I didn't list it. But for the sake of argument:
                  ST: TAS

You happy now?

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Davis
                    Roddenberry admited that TAS was a non cannon Trek project. It dosn't count as a Trek show in my mind so I didn't list it. But for the sake of argument:
                    ST: TAS

You happy now?
                    I wouldn't say that's entirely true. I know both he and the studios agreed that it should not be counted among canonical Trek, but certain elements from the show actually have been included in the canonical Trek timeline.

What really baffles me, though, is how it seemed like a good idea to 'de-canonise' TAS, and yet VOY and ENT are still counted in the canonical timeline. TAS was a cheesy, corny and generally BAD show, but it doesn't even come close to the monumental lows that were those two shows.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Before 7 of 9 VOY/VGR was a snooze fest, after Jerri Ryan came into the fold the series took off. Voyager and DS9 had the best ending to there respected series out of all the Trek franchises.

As far as what to call it, Its all good to me.
                      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Bingo. Not that this trash should be counted among true Star Trek anyhow.
                        so...you seem to like flame sometimes...which are you talking about voyager or motion picture, because they were both GOOD, voyager was AWESOME, and why come into a forum and flame things? seriously this is the second post ive seen you do this in...it has nothing to do with the topic.

Alright, i prefer VOY, for two reasons...

1. It sounds better to me
                        2. Like a few ppl said, VGR reminds me to much of V'Ger
                        sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't say that's entirely true. I know both he and the studios agreed that it should not be counted among canonical Trek, but certain elements from the show actually have been included in the canonical Trek timeline.

What really baffles me, though, is how it seemed like a good idea to 'de-canonise' TAS, and yet VOY and ENT are still counted in the canonical timeline. TAS was a cheesy, corny and generally BAD show, but it doesn't even come close to the monumental lows that were those two shows.
                          In your opinion. I'm getting tired of hearing people slam my favorite Trek, ST: Voyager and the show Enterprise. Truth is, ALL Trek shows had faults. I for one don't care for TOS. I find it too campy and cheesy. TNG is all right but I never felt anything for the crew. I could never accept the supposed friendships between the crew, and only in the TNG movies did I feel something between Troi and Riker.On the other hand, from the instant I saw my first Voyager episode, I genuinely felt for the crew. I could feel the closeness and friendships, same with Enterprise. Yes, both shows had flaws, but all trek had flaws in my opinion.

Comment

I never trashed TMP. I like that movie.

Comment

Well I never liked TAS it sucked. VGR was a good show and should be counted. The verdict is still out on ENT.

Comment

Working...
                              X