This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once again we gotta thank MacGyver

I was reading a Bio on Michael Shanks and one of the Interesting facts listed is that he became interested in acting because of MacGyver! Now lets see if it werent for MacGyver we wouldnt of had Richard Dean Anderson as O'Niel and Michael Shanks would never acted so he would of never gotten the role. The show would of probably been a complete flopp without them, dont get me wrogn Amanda Tapping and Chris Judge are good but I dont think the show would of been as succesful as it is today without the cast of SG1.

In anycase ALL HAIL MACGYVER! lol

http://www.spin.net.au/~sullivan/Mshanks.html theres the link for Shanks Bio
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

I think Chris Judge also appeared on an episode of MacGyver (see IMDB).

I also read recently that Peter Williams (Apophis) appeared in episode 4.5 of MacGyver.

Comment

LOL what a wonderful thing Macgyver has done lol

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Let's not forget that Don S. Davis was Dana Elcar's body double on MacGyver.
        Rocky

Comment

lol are you serous? lol I only seen a couple of episodes of MacGyver lol but Richard Dean Anderson is one of my favorite actors lol

So Im guessing everyone was some part of MacGyver lol and Amanda Tapping was the camera women too lol im not sure about that i was guessing lol

Comment

Hehe, Michael Shanks must have been excited when he met RDA.
            sigpic

Comment

hey guys....there are some petitions online that ask for MacGyver to be release on DVD sets....i've signed some...so pls...if you find any...tell us and we all should sigh it, because I've only see the pilot, and I wanna see the whole series....I like it, a lot!!! Tnx MacGyver!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                Hehe, Michael Shanks must have been excited when he met RDA.
                Who wouldn't be?
                Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                  Who wouldn't be?
                  I wouldnt bee.... JK lol I be like General O'Niel! Can I be the 4th member of SG1?

Also you know Jonas Quinn was in the Toby Kieth & Willy Nelson Video Whiskey for my men beer for my horses. He was the guy that touched all of Willys old stuff and then he dressed up like a hooker lol

Comment

Not to get too off-topic, but I think this can be seen in other series as well. If my memmory serves me correctly, Johnathan Frakes was a producer/some sort of involvement with Gargoyles (as a result, he voiced a recurring character in it). From hi connection to StarTrek, many other StarTrek actors got there voices into Gargoyles: Marina Sirtis sp? (the greek actress who also appeared in SG-1), Michael Dorn, LeVar Burten, Brent Spiner, Colm Meany, and even Kate Mulgrew (and the list goes on). It's quite interesting how actor/producer connections can bring certain people together on a new show. That's what the business is all about though, connections and networking.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Had no idea. Shanks also called Munko - too funny!

Comment

Hats off to MacGyver. I missed the show when it originally aired because I didn't have a TV (on purpose). I've been recording reruns on SpikeTV and TVLand. It really is a ridiculous show, but it's a lot of fun...and you can watch it in FFWD and not miss any of the plot.

Other Mac-Stargate trivia:
                        - Bill Gereghty directed several episodes
                        - Michael Greenburg produced
                        - Robin Mossley (Malachy in WoO), Marie Stillin (High Chancellor Travell of the Tollan) and Blu Mankuma (Sherrif Knox from Nightwalkers) appear in various eps. (filming in Vancouver, of course)
                        - John de Lancie was in a S1 ep.
                        - Similar episode titles (Last Stand, Enemy Within, There But For The Grace) and just funny co-inky-dinks (Eye of Osiris, The Prometheus Syndrome, Lost Treasure of Atlantis)

Don't you just love the trivia sections of IMDB and TVTome?
                        Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                        O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                        - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                        - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                        once done, cannot be undone...
                        brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

I recently saw the MacGyver episode with Christopher Judge. He plays a student at a school Mac is visiting, and Mac flips him onto his back while demonstrating how levers work. Pretty funny!

Comment

There have probably been at least about 25 actors or so that were guest stars on MacGyver and Stargate. Jan Newman was the makeup supervisor on MacGyver. Dan Shea was RDA's stunt double on a movie Beyond Betrayal as well as being on MacGyver also.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
                              I think Chris Judge also appeared on an episode of MacGyver (see IMDB).

I also read recently that Peter Williams (Apophis) appeared in episode 4.5 of MacGyver.
                              I just caught an ep of McGyver with Don Davis as a poacher...mmm bear steak.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Working...
                              X