This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idiots guide to destroy Atlantis

Now, seeing as the Wraith weapons are extremely powerful, and Atlantis is on the surface of a planet, and the city takes the blows with ease due to the ZPM powering it.

But, by pummeling the actual planet, causing it to collapse, then Atlantis would be taken with it before the Engines could be fired up.
    "I don't know what Irony means but I use it alot, Ironic isn't it"

"Sure there have been deaths and injuries in boxing, but none of them serious"

Bloke:Fat Penguin
    Woman:What
    Bloke:I just wanted to say something that would break the ice.

well, not really. most of the planet is water. since wraith weapons fire is primaryly energy based. .. firing at water.. well. thats like trying to .. uh.. lite a match underwater. the energy from the weapons fire would disipate in the water. yea, it would heat the water up and all that.

the main land. well. they would have to do SEROUS amount of damage to land to destroy a planet
    Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
    (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by Salas1
      Now, seeing as the Wraith weapons are extremely powerful, and Atlantis is on the surface of a planet, and the city takes the blows with ease due to the ZPM powering it.

But, by pummeling the actual planet, causing it to collapse, then Atlantis would be taken with it before the Engines could be fired up.
      like how the nuclear torpedo would work? Vaporize a large amount of water causing atlantis to be sucked in and be pummled with a tidal wave? Good plan!

Comment

Originally posted by Salas1
        Now, seeing as the Wraith weapons are extremely powerful...
        Just out of curiosity, what do you base this on?
        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

I would take more fire power to destroy the planet than it would to just shoot at the Atlantis shield until it was depleated.

Comment

yea. i mean really, here on earth, uh.. how many Nukes have we set off here, and earth is still intact. so, yea, takes some major power to destroy a planet. and the wraith weapons fire is mainly directed at atlantis, to deplete the shields. the wraith wouldn't destroy atlantis. they would just try to break the shield. then send a bunch of darts down to transport troops in to find the gate so they could get to earth... and well. all you can eat BUFFET
            Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
            (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

It would also be alot less time consuming if they just did it the old fashioned way and crashed a cruiser into the planet or the city itself, but we know the shields can withstand a wall of water and it could possibly take the cruiser crashing into it. Also, the wraith would probably not like the idea of doing a suicide run, unless maybe it was a guaranteed victory. The only other way I can think of is sabotage and for that they would have to either get inside the city or under it (wraith submarines?).

Uber Hax does Stargate (YTMND)

Comment

Best solution currently is get 12 hiveships, make the way to atlantis quickly and pummel it until its shields are down and finally destroy it. Mind you though the Wraith don't want to destroy it, they want it intact.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

To add to the theme of this thread an easier way to destroy atlantis if they really wanted to of course would be two gates, one Atlantian Star and a black hole, leave to cook and end up with one nice Supernova.

Comment

Originally posted by V-MAN
                    I would take more fire power to destroy the planet than it would to just shoot at the Atlantis shield until it was depleated.
                    The atlantis shield is powerd by a module that has enough energy to destroy a solar system.

Comment

wrong, only the power source using our own universes energy could do that, zpm's are much weaker.

Comment

Simple get a large dense Iron ore or something similar asteroid and use gravity to send it on its way on a direct course to Altantis. Let's see the sheild and water stand up to that. If a asteroid the size of an island can cause an Extenciton level event then all the shields in the world won't work when you have the kinetic energy, gravity and matter slaming into a planet at such speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by gatelover12
                          wrong, only the power source using our own universes energy could do that, zpm's are much weaker.
                          Actually in "Zero Hour" Carter stated that the tainted ZPM would likely be able to destroy our entire solar system. So the explosion in whichever Atlantis episode that was was probably would of proportion, unless the device wasn't working properly or fully or something like that.

I believe above someone questioned the validity of the statement that the Wraith weapons were powerful enough to destroy a planet. I would have to agree, they may look powerful, but I think at most they could decimate a continent.

Now if you want to destroy atlantis what you do is steal an asgard ship and find a black hole, you power your ship with the black hole, then you use that power to create two new black holes with the matter replicator, then you set those black holes on a collision course right above atlantis. Boom! Osscilating black hole and massive gravitational waves.

Comment

I stand corrected Owen.

Comment

You were right on the inside lol. I know someone probably made a mistake somewhere. Probably the writers of that episode... I can't remember its name... either that or the device was running at maximum power, I can't remember that either, lol. But it was a cool explosion.

Comment

Working...
                              X