This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 8th Chevron

As just about everyone who's been here for a month or more has seen how much people like to start new 9th Chevron theories and threads. So my general query is during the first one and a half seasons, were people gagging to see what the 8th chevron did? (Not on Gateworld as it hadn't started yet).

Just a general pondering really.
    * Always remember - You are unique, just like everyone else. *

* Avoid employing unlucky people, throw half of the CVs in the bin without reading them. *

Lost City, Part 2 - The Gateworld best ep S1-7

The 'Everyone Gets A Compliment' Thread

i dont think that anyone realized there was one

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper One
      i dont think that anyone realized there was one
      lol

I'd say that was the first thing people asked at the first convention...what does the 8th chevron do
      The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by da_hippie
        As just about everyone who's been here for a month or more has seen how much people like to start new 9th Chevron theories and threads. So my general query is during the first one and a half seasons, were people gagging to see what the 8th chevron did? (Not on Gateworld as it hadn't started yet).

Just a general pondering really.
        I must have missed the ninth chevron thing. What are the theories?
        >>Insert Clever Remark Here<<

Comment

^ Go to the science and tech thread, and see the stickys.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Actually yes.

I noticed the SG had 8th/9th chevrons very early in the show and even noticed them on the dialling computer. I just assumed at the time that they were redundant (incase one of the others broke) or they were there to make the gate look pretty/decoration.

I never expected that we would ever see 8/9 in use in any episode. Then again I never expected earth to have a 2nd gate, or once be homeworld to the most advanced race in the universe!

Was a great episode when I finally saw the 8th chevron used for the first time. It kinda had mystery to it and thats what I like about SG - The historical, technological mystery.

-Turboz

Green to Captain Jake

Comment

I didn't follow SG much in the beginning because back then I didn't have showtime. I didn't see "The Fifth Race" until it ran in syndication, so I never really thought about the chevrons.

Comment

Baring in mind the 6th or so ep of Stargate I saw was SGA's "Rising" I got the idea pretty quick
                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

This site was created after they made The devil you know, so no.
                  Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Working...
                  X