X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will SCI FI cancel SG1?

And then what?

I was just reading the gateworld report that SG1 reached a all time low for a first run since season 7 and it got me thinking....

scifi cancels its best most sucessful show and then what? we have SGA and BSG? sure but BSG is starting to suck, and SGA;s days are numbered once SG1 is gone. even so that leaves a grand total of 2 hours i will even turn on SCIFI TV. WE NEED a new killer TV show for SCi fi. SO this is a call to all the scifi writers out there to start working on some great shows. Its a real travesty that farscape and firefly got canned, cause i would say lets continue those but we cant, cause the movies came out, so their plots are done. so we need a new show that can touch us all the way SG and FS and FF have, and we need to get out there and tell the TV comunity that we love and will watch these shows!!! even if we dont have a nielsen box on top of our TV!!

on a personal note i really hope surface continues in some way!!
    Get YOUR P90 Here!
    Am i alone in hoping that the Seaquest seasons with the DeLuise brothers are finally released on dvd??

Nice hair!!

*groan*

you should edit the thread title...this title suggests that the show has been cancelled...which it hasn't.
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
      *groan*

you should edit the thread title...this title suggests that the show has been cancelled...which it hasn't.

i know its kinda the point, its to grab your attention. read the new paper youll see the same thing.
      Get YOUR P90 Here!
      Am i alone in hoping that the Seaquest seasons with the DeLuise brothers are finally released on dvd??

Nice hair!!

Comment

*groan*

I totally agree with ya there, sueKay. To be honest, when I read the title of the thread, my heart raced for a second.
        sigpic

Comment

*groan*

Heart attack dude heart attack!!!!
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

I have to agree with the others about changing the title. There's a large difference between grabbing someone's attention and being deceptive.

Comment

Agreed. It should be changed.

I think some people were expecting for Stargate Atlantis to be a part of SG:1, not a seperate series entirely.
              http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I cant see SG1 being cancelled for atleast another 2 or maybe even 3 seasons
                The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

SciFi has signed on for another two seasons, and supposedly the show is supposed to be tied up in the eleventh season. We may see the Atlantis series go on for a while, as well as we may see SG-1 in Atlantis on occasion and not just because, but rather they need SG1's help on something.
                  http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
                    SciFi has signed on for another two seasons, and supposedly the show is supposed to be tied up in the eleventh season. We may see the Atlantis series go on for a while, as well as we may see SG-1 in Atlantis on occasion and not just because, but rather they need SG1's help on something.
                    Signed up for another 2 seasons? I thought it was just next season they signed up for....have you got a link for it (its probably on GW and i didnt notice it )
                    Wow thats great news
                    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Only Season 10 (and ATL Season Three) is confirmed so far. SCI FI hasn't renewed a show for more than one year at a time since the Great Farscape Debacle.
                      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by whatswiththehairtealc
                        And then what?

I was just reading the gateworld report that SG1 reached a all time low for a first run since season 7 and it got me thinking....

scifi cancels its best most sucessful show and then what? we have SGA and BSG? sure but BSG is starting to suck, and SGA;s days are numbered once SG1 is gone. even so that leaves a grand total of 2 hours i will even turn on SCIFI TV. WE NEED a new killer TV show for SCi fi. SO this is a call to all the scifi writers out there to start working on some great shows. Its a real travesty that farscape and firefly got canned, cause i would say lets continue those but we cant, cause the movies came out, so their plots are done. so we need a new show that can touch us all the way SG and FS and FF have, and we need to get out there and tell the TV comunity that we love and will watch these shows!!! even if we dont have a nielsen box on top of our TV!!

on a personal note i really hope surface continues in some way!!

You might want to read the rest of that article about the drop in ratings. They didn't actually lose any. What they lost in the first showing was picked up in the second. It's just all those dumb 'regular-people' shows that are taking priority.

Comment

How's about throwing a big "What if" in the front of that title?

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

and even if it does get canceld....they will more than likely pick up the second movie idea again
                            To the Prometheus...

The first...

She will be missed

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                              Only Season 10 (and ATL Season Three) is confirmed so far. SCI FI hasn't renewed a show for more than one year at a time since the Great Farscape Debacle.
                              That's pretty much the norm for any network for a returning series. The real shocker is the fact that Showtime originally ordered 44 episodes at the beginning of SG-1's run (Most new series get an initial order of 6 to 13 episodes.)
                              Don't green it unless you mean it.

Comment

Working...
                              X