Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does earth seem to have a higher population?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does earth seem to have a higher population?

Almost every world SG teams explored that has human societies seem to have lower populations. The Wraith seem surprised when they found out from Colonel Summer's head that Earth had millions, even billions of humans, a potential planetary banquet. This can be explained that most of the societies encountered are less advanced and more people die from disease and poor living standards. But even advanced races seem to have lower population, nowhere near our 6 billion

Because they were smart enough not to multiply like rabbits?

Anyway, all civilizations in Pegasus have been culled time and again. Every time, they leave only enough people to multiply enough for the next culling 100 years from then. That is why the populus of the planets of Pegasus is limited.

Comment

Earth has had humans on it for longer than any other planet in the Milky Way. This may be why there are more.

Comment

Not necessarily. We have never had any proof the Ancients originated on Earth. Actually, quite the opposite. Many, many, many, many, MANY planets SG-1 visit have much more Ancient ruins and relics than Earth!

Comment

I think Hobbes means that the humans on other planets were taken from Earth.

Couple of points:
          1) Planets under Goa'uld rule were kept from expanding too much.
          2) We only see the area near the Stargate. Who knows what's across the rest of the planet.

Comment

We don't even really know if Earth was first to be inhabited by humans. All we know is that we're the 2nd evolution from the Ancients and that we will, apparentely, evolve back into Ancients some day.

Comment

Simply answer most worlds are simply too unadvanced to support the population.

Look back at earths own history - up until the agricultural revolution earths population was pretty stable at several million people. But once society advanced enough population skyrocketed to 6 billion in the course of only a few centuries.
              sigpic

Comment

That makes sense but to add to that there are no longer really high death rates from disease and war.
                I doubt my sanity; then again I doubt yours as well!

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                  We don't even really know if Earth was first to be inhabited by humans. All we know is that we're the 2nd evolution from the Ancients and that we will, apparentely, evolve back into Ancients some day.
                  Well since the ancient manuscript we found at the beginning of Season 9 said that the Alterans settled on Earth after fleeing their home galaxy, I'd say that yes, it probably WAS the first.

Comment

Working...
                  X