This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Earth Screwed? Spoilers from Ethon

Is it me or do you all think Earth is in some major trouble this season and next. Its one thing to fight off evil parasitic fake gods. But when you are trying to fight off someone on a higher plain of existance it has to be alot harder. Not only are these people like the ancients they can help people grow there technology. The Ori have already attempted to attack earth. And now they destroyed the Prometheus. The people using the satalite weapon were not even as advanced as Earth and there satalite weapon was able to take Prometheus down in 3 hits. If someone can do that its no telling what the Ori Can do themselfs. I realy think we are in trouble.

Originally posted by Denanthor
    Is it me or do you all think Earth is in some major trouble this season and next. Its one thing to fight off evil parasitic fake gods. But when you are trying to fight off someone on a higher plain of existance it has to be alot harder. Not only are these people like the ancients they can help people grow there technology. The Ori have already attempted to attack earth. And now they destroyed the Prometheus. The people using the satalite weapon were not even as advanced as Earth and there satalite weapon was able to take Prometheus down in 3 hits. If someone can do that its no telling what the Ori Can do themselfs. I realy think we are in trouble.
    This makes me remember how Vala was right about our primitive ships and so forth in TTTB, when she, Daniel, Teal'c, and Landry all went to Washington to discuss the government cutting their spending.

We could've really needed the financial support now, since as far as we know, the Ori haven't spread to the Pegasus Galaxy. When we need the backing to fund projects to counter them, to find ways to protect ourselves from them, we get a slap on the hand and our cash flow restricted. I have a feeling that Washington's finest are kicking themselves in their collective @$$es for not listening to Vala, especially now, after we realize that our shields are, if best, minimal buffers against the Ori weapon's Satellites.

We are screwed, Washington will KNOW we are screwed, and you know what? It's THEIR fault!

Comment

We're getting a new ship, the Odyssey soon. But yeah, fighting Ascended beings, not that easy. We need the Ancients to step in and help us.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
        We're getting a new ship, the Odyssey soon. But yeah, fighting Ascended beings, not that easy. We need the Ancients to step in and help us.
        Odyssey is a Daedalus class ship, not too far advaced than Prometheus. Prometheus had the same shield technology like the Daedalus class ships have.
        As for external intervention I doubt that the Alterans will ever step in, something is telling me there is something more to their reasons, my guess is that the Ori are more powerfull than the Alterans. And I also think that what drives the Ori to act like that is revenge.

As for the main question of this thread: Yes! Earth is screwed. This satellite technology was just given as a test how the Rand Protectorat's people will behave. This was just a firecracker and those people had crud technology to build it. Imagine if the Aschen became the Ori's faithfull servants. Imagine an entire armada with ships each carring Ori laser cannons more powerfull and in greater numbers than one. (a very poor comparison can be made between the blasts of a staff weapon and the multiple blasts of a Kull warriors rist weapon). So what we will have Odyssey instead of Prometheus. Even if we somehow manage the build an armada of Daedalus class ships, those ships will be lambs to the slaughter.
        School is overrated.

Comment

I think it would be cool if the Ori would sent a prior to earth on a cloacked ship, have him to some miracle, and create a sect. Kinda Stargates answer to Scientology nuts. The Ori sect could be recurring. Maybe sg1 would go after the prior, and the prior burnes himself, and his followers are watching, convinced of the power of the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
            I think it would be cool if the Ori would sent a prior to earth on a cloacked ship, have him to some miracle, and create a sect. Kinda Stargates answer to Scientology nuts. The Ori sect could be recurring. Maybe sg1 would go after the prior, and the prior burnes himself, and his followers are watching, convinced of the power of the Ori.
            Interesting idea.

Comment

I think the alterans will have to step in we know the ori are coming to build support and power so they can destroy the alterans. this will leave them with but one choice to assist us primitive types to kick the sh*t out of the ori followers decreasing their power to a level which the alterans can handle.
              the very young do not always do as they are told...

you blow up one star and suddenly everyone expects you to be able to walk on water... next parting the red sea

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
                Obviously, Tom Cruise is a prior using a Goa'uld device to mask his face.

Comment

That is just... plain funny. LOL!

Comment

You're probably right.

Comment

The Tauri need to learn fast about Ancient Tech to battle the human followers of the Ori (Priors included).

If we don't... we'll fall easily.

Mattathias

Comment

well if the wraith ever team up with the ori then yes earth is screwed

Spoiler:
                        When the 2 wraith ships attacked the dadualus and potentially crippled it, It makes me worry about how the Odyssey will stand up to the same 2 wraith ships when they come to earth since it is the same class as the dadualus
                        the good ole days of sg-1

Comment

We should be screwed, fighting a two front war, but I have no doubt we'll pull something out of our collective arses and save the day. It's the way of the SG Universe.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

The two superpowers from the planet destroyed each other, did they not? Earth should go tow the now defunct Ori satellite back to earth to see what makes it tick.

Comment

Originally posted by Manimal
                              Earth should go tow the now defunct Ori satellite back to earth to see what makes it tick.
                              IMO that seems like "Absolute Power" a season 4 ep
                              the good ole days of sg-1

Comment

Working...
                              X