• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V'Ger - Where had it been?

... And where did it go?

Any thoughts?
    err, whoooooo?

Didnt they say it had been everywhere between the planet it crashed on and Earth

It ascended
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

i think the better question is

where DIDN'T it go

Comment

Good answer Qasim. That's basically what happens after after Decker merged with V'ger. It became a new non-corporeal lifeform.

Where it had been? Going by the film, V'ger or Voyager 6 fell into a black hole and emerged from the other side. I'm speculating that it appeared in another galaxy, crashing on the planet with living machines.

edit:
        Originally posted by Morbo
        i think the better question is
        where DIDN'T it go
        True, V'ger probably scoured all the galaxy(s) and star systems as it was looking for answers to why it was created, and the creator.
        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I read once a theory that it had been to the Borg homeworld. Think of that what you will.

Comment

Gene Roddenberry himself stated that V'Ger was connected to the Borg, but most ST fans refuse to accept this as it doesn't fit with the timeline set after Gene's death.

I'm pretty sure that the fat captain also explained V'Ger in detail, in one of his books, but Shatners work doesn't really float my boat, so I've never read it.
            err, whoooooo?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesM
              but Shatners work doesn't really float my boat
              Nor is it cannon anyway.

Comment

Very true mate, very true.
                err, whoooooo?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesM
                  Very true mate, very true.
                  I bet he'd like to think so though.

Comment

Yup, I bet theres many things he likes to think were true... like having real hair, being thin, and not to mention, being able to act lol
                    err, whoooooo?

Comment

Hey, he can act, he just has his unique style. I think he loves to write about his Emperor counterpart in the Mirror universe.

Comment

Please, stop! I'll have pictures of him sitting upon his throne in my head all night

He sure does love himself, doesn't he?
                        err, whoooooo?

Comment

Yes, think of the old Emperor Tiberius with his gut hanging over the throne. He was supposed to appear in Ent in this role but somehow it fell through.

Comment

Well, personally, I hated the whole Enterprise thing (apart from T'Pol maybe). I'm so glad that show was cancelled.
                            err, whoooooo?

Comment

First off, leave Shatner alone. The guy truly loves Treka nd his character,and has given us 8 wonderful books (9th coming soon) which ties in to the current ST cannon... though it's not official (which is a shame i think)

But, on subject, ever sice i first saw the Borg, and remebering V'Ger and where it'd been (a world full of living machines), i even had the theory that it had been with the Borg. And Shatner linking them in the 'Return' book must have been a bit of a nod to Roddenberry, so i was made up to read that book, as it linked them nicely (though i know, it's not cannon)

Rimmer: 'I cant let you out'
                              Lister: 'Why not?'
                              Rimmer: 'Because the king of the potato people wont let me. I begged him. I got down on my knees and wept. He wants to keep you here, keep you here for 10 years'
                              Cat: 'Can we see him?'
                              Rimmer: 'See who?'
                              Cat: 'The king.'
                              Rimmer: 'Do you have a magic carpet?'
                              Lister: 'Yeah...a little 3 seater'
                              Rimmer: 'So let me get this straight, you want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people, and plead with him for your freedom. And your telling me your completely sane?'

Comment

Working...
                              X