This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis doors question

In "Hot Zone" there was a scientist who panicked and started beating a path back to the main, populated area of Atlantis. Along the way, he had to manually open several doors, and each time he only managed to pry them open enough to get through.

How much strength does it take to manually open one of those doors? "Hot Zone" showed that a grown man of average strength could do it, but have we ever seen someone smaller (ala Doctor Weir or Mala (the Genii woman)) do the same thing?

Thanks!

We have never seen Dr Weir or Melia do it

I bet Sam could though (and probably has)
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
        I bet Sam could though (and probably has)
        No doubt, but she is in better physical condition. I'm specifically wondering, for fanfic, if a teenage girl could pry one open or not.

Comment

Only if it was Sora I think
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

its likely, but it depends if someone is trying to stop you, if you have done the crsytel moving thing to get it a bit open.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

Guys...urm why are we talkin bout mechanically prying open doors?? not the most exciting of topics wudnt u say. What is interesting however is the scanning device for opening them.
              Seeing as how the ancients were quiet good with their security systems you would have thought they would have in built a security measure into those doors so that only ppl with 'the gene' could open them. a gene recognition scanning device in those doors would have also been extremely useful when the wraith infiltrated atlantis. Not to mention when random ppl ran amock like michael, shephard, weir, and ford. All they would have had to do is write a program to stop them from opening doors hence trapping them.
              Someone might say well whats the point if they can be manually pryed open anyways, and i would have to remind that person that not all the doors on atlantis are as flimsy as the those ones. They have bigger bulk head sealing type doors which are used in sealing whole sections as opposed to the smaller ones used to seal off individual compartments.

Comment

Working...
              X