X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith/Goa'uld Actor VOice

Hi All,

Just wondering, does ANYONE at all know what teeth the Wraith Actors use?
    And what the Goa'uld Actors use to talk (the funny accent)? And lastly how the Wraith Actors do that really awsome...growl...where they look stright up to the roof/sky and open there mouth and "GRRR or ROAR"...
    any info wuld b great

Cheers Daniel_Shanks
    sigpic
    *Voting for The Doctor and the Wild Man marriage in season 5 of Atlantis*

"On the other hand, you're an evil killing machine, so no, I'll pass...
    ...Why, why, why, why, in the wide world of all things rational and sane, would I help you?...
    ...Trying to leave? Sorry. A little more time in Danny's world!
    "

The only one I know is that the Goa'uld weird voice is a post-production audio effect called "flanging." I don't know about the wraith, though.
    "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
    " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
    Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

It's all done with computers man. If you thinking about trying to replicate the effect in real life, sorry but I don't think it will be possible.

The Wraith actors probably just talk normally when filming and then the effects get added in later.

Comment

There is software out there that will allow you to transofrm your voice in to Goa'uld sounding, there was a thread some time ago that dealt with this

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
          There is software out there that will allow you to transofrm your voice in to Goa'uld sounding, there was a thread some time ago that dealt with this
          Really? I'm gonna try to search. Haven't seen this thread though.

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBaron
            Really? I'm gonna try to search. Haven't seen this thread though.
            The program is called CoolEdit2000, you can change your voice into Gou'ald. I will post the info on how to do it later 'cos Im goin out now.

As for the Warith, Im not sure but there will be a way of doing it and you will be able to buy the same teeth somewhere, maybe from a joke/costume shop

Comment

Originally posted by WraithWarrior
              The program is called CoolEdit2000, you can change your voice into Gou'ald. I will post the info on how to do it later 'cos Im goin out now.

As for the Warith, Im not sure but there will be a way of doing it and you will be able to buy the same teeth somewhere, maybe from a joke/costume shop
              Wicked.
              http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I would love to see some type of wraith teeth out on the market for costumes and such. That would be scary mouth of perly whites or sharp off grey. The growl I'm sure is post production as well, but cool none the less.

Comment

Yeah, Im sure there will be a way of making the growl on a computer just like you can do the Gou'ald voice

Comment

Yeah, Im sure there will be a way of making the growl on a computer just like you can do the Gou'ald voice
                    Ra also made a pretty cool growl in the movie.

Comment

I think Im gonna have to watch the movie again 'cos I aint watched it since it originally came out at the cinemas. I cant remember parts of it

Comment

Well I'm interested in this program CoolEdit2000 ? Have you got a link to download it somewhere (a demo version) because I can't find it anywhere!
                        Thx
                        "Only puny secrets need protection. Big discoveries are protected by public incredulity." (Marshall McCluhan)

Comment

Originally posted by /\NUBIS
                          Well I'm interested in this program CoolEdit2000 ? Have you got a link to download it somewhere (a demo version) because I can't find it anywhere!
                          Thx
                          I used a P2P program but it was only a demo, so I couldnt complete the voice transformation to Gou'ald unfortunately. I dont know how or where to get the full version, but if I find out i will post it here

Comment

I have just found this site that you might want to look at

http://www.mp3-converter.com/cool_edit_2000.htm

Comment

I have just found this site that you might want to look at

http://www.mp3-converter.com/cool_edit_2000.htm
                              Is this software free?

Edit: ah, seems to be free.

Edit(again): http://www.mp3-converter.com/linux/index.htm

Does any of those (free versions only) that could do the goa'uld voice thingi? I'm running Linux.
                              Last edited by BlackBaron; 01 February 2006, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X