This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original/Mini-Series items in RDM Series

I'm re-watching the mini-series on DVD and saw that Boxey was rescued from Caprica by Boomer. Has the Boxey theme shown up again? I thought that might be where the "black market" episode was headed but apparently not.

In that vein, have Helo & Baltar met up again since the former returned to the fleet? That would be an interesting conversation.

Also, I didn't think to pay close attention but are the Pegasus Vipir pilots flying new or old Vipirs? I'd assume they are in new ones but if so, won't the Cylons be able to shut down their systems like in the original attack?

Boxey, i'm afraid, is a dead subject. He was basically dropped without an official explanation, but if you listen to the commentary on season one, you'll hear it being joked that Boxey has died of cholera.
    As far as Helo/ Baltar thread, see EPIPHANIES, where Baltar barges straight into a brewing conflict between Helo and ADMIRAL ADAMA.
    Pegasus Air Group's Vipers are exclusively MK VII's, while Galactica's are a mix of the older Mk II's and the superior MK VII's. All have been retrofitted to fly without the CNP program that allowed the CYLONS to gain control of much of the colonial fleet.
    Gosh, i know waaaaay too much about this series.

Comment

Originally posted by tucker9477
      Boxey, i'm afraid, is a dead subject. He was basically dropped without an official explanation, but if you listen to the commentary on season one, you'll hear it being joked that Boxey has died of cholera.
      As far as Helo/ Baltar thread, see EPIPHANIES, where Baltar barges straight into a brewing conflict between Helo and ADMIRAL ADAMA.
      Pegasus Air Group's Vipers are exclusively MK VII's, while Galactica's are a mix of the older Mk II's and the superior MK VII's. All have been retrofitted to fly without the CNP program that allowed the CYLONS to gain control of much of the colonial fleet.
      Gosh, i know waaaaay too much about this series.
      Don't foget that the MK VII's can actually kill an untrained pilot becuase without a program to control the ship the acceleration rates can be deadly.

Comment

right. which is why the nuggets... the trainees, were taught to fly the older mk. II's. good point, my friend.

Comment

Also why the pegasus pilots must be alot better then galacticas.

Comment

This is really small, but towards the end of the miniseries Adama is having a noodle dish in his quarters. In '33', Tigh takes some of the noodles and Adama lets him finish it. Even the tableware looked the same.

I do not recall exactly the time difference between the end of the miniseries and the beginning of the series, but it's a neat continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ringer
              I'm re-watching the mini-series on DVD and saw that Boxey was rescued from Caprica by Boomer. Has the Boxey theme shown up again? I thought that might be where the "black market" episode was headed but apparently not.
              There were scenes with Boxey filmed for Kobol's Last Gleaming, but they were dropped and re-written without him.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ringer
                Heh. I thought to myself that that’s what happened to poor Boxey as well. (As a joke of course in a sick, twisted way , since I had already heard RDM’s explanation as to why the character had been dropped some time ago and then his “serious” explanation of poor Boxey’s fate on the show.) Poor character. I liked him and Starbuck in that one ep in the pilots’ briefing room.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

no i think that the Vipers were overhauled and the internal systems rebuilt because i own season one and i see Apollo fly the newer model as well. becuase it would not make sense to fly a ship that the cylons can shut down.

Comment

Working...
                  X