This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool Ancient Cities

Dont you find it strange that the SGA team havnt come accross more cool Ancient cities. After all they must be in the database. The citys they found in Infurno and The Tower seem to have come to the team as a complete suprise they must have been in the database. You would think Rodney or a member of the Atlantis team would have looked for cities in the Database that could possibly contain a ZPM. They would be first on the list to search. I reailse that there possibly could be hundreds of City's in the database, but surly there must be information on each of the City's.

Also on another note a thing I think the show has been lacking is seeing the team emerge or leave through a Stargate. It always gave me more of a feeling they where really on another planet. Such a small thing but it made the show seem more real to me. Anyway let me know what you all think.

i agree with you entrance throguh the gate statement, that is a key missing factor, but i think with spacegates an such forth the entrances would get too expensive, needed a space shot for each epiosde just puts an extra expence on to GCI.
    as to citys, there is one crucial factor missing, the database has no search engine, but the database has a record fro every planet in the galaxy we just need to find it - look to trinity
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

there probaly more ancient cities and outpost out there but most of them r probaly destroyed

Comment

Just think of it and the writer will make it possible.

There has gots to be a lot of cities out their.
        *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
        *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
        *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
        *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
        *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
        *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
        *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Of course there are other cities none as great as Atlantis but other similar places...most were destroyed but those that had natural defences like Atlantis with an ocean or the tower with sheer masses of earth over time then they were left alone in favour of easier targets.

sigpic

Comment

Joe said before his thread stopped that they had plans for introducing other famous places from mythology like Lemuria or Shangra-la (there was a list of four names and he said two of them would appear) but were not sure how to introduce them. Not sure if he was referring to Atlantis or SG-1 though.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

i think i asked him that question at some point, he said camolot, atlantis and avalon were going to be sorted which the have been...lemuria, shangra-la and some other ones like eldorado could be on the cards as well im betting...maybe eldorado was the name of a ancinet gold mine.
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

How many 10,000+ year old cities have we found on Earth?. . . ok what about 2,000 year old cities?
                Alot of "stuff" can happen during that time, even if you take the Wraith out of the picture.

Comment

The team comming out of (or going into) the stargate must be shown a couple of times in a season or I get bored (i don't know why, i just get bored if it's not in).

Comment

If the gates not there it just turns into a star treck type show

Comment

Seeing as Star Treck were a popular show, they might want to do just that. Hope not.

Comment

I loved Star Trek! The name of this show is Stargate Atkantis...Stragate been the most important word. Whe I watched the Episode Inferno the fact we got to see the gate was sweet, but it didnt make sense that the DHD was in a control room. What if you are on your own?

I mean all I want to see is the team leave the planet through the gate. It just makes you feel like it is all possible. That was the key to the show the fact everything SG1 and SGA do could possibly happen. The gate is the key to the show they need to see the team stepping through it more often!!!!

Comment

heh I started a thread called "Many Ancient Cities" as of now we know of 3 very powerful ancient cities
                          there is "Vis Uban" - the crown jewel of the ancient's empire in the MW but was never completed. It's much more powerful then Atlantis

Atlantis- the crown jewel of the Pegasus galaxy Ancients
                          Atlantis's Sister city which recently appeared in "The Tower" though not much is known about it except it may be a exact copy of atlantis

Comment

They must find Vis Uban even if it wasn't completed it would still be powerfull.

Comment

I think they have already found Vis Urban. Isnt that where they found Daniel Jackson when he can back to our plane of existance. If I am right it was a city that they started but since they all acended or left the city was started but never completed.

Please feel free to correct me as it would be cool if there was another big city for SG1 to find.

Comment

Working...
                              X