Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Q&A with ... George Takei

http://blogs.usatoday.com/popcandy/2...os_angele.html

As I mentioned earlier, yesterday I spoke on the phone with George Takei. There's talk of whether the 68-year-old Star Trek actor might become a regular fixture on Howard Stern's show, especially since he became a listener favorite during his first week as the show's announcer. (Takei lives in Los Angeles and taped his lines in Stern's New York studio.)

Takei and I -- and it's pronounced "ta-KAY," by the way -- discussed everything from Stern to Shatner during our conversation. He even managed to throw in a reference to Chico and the Man:
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

I've been listening to Howard a lot more since his move to Sirius, and I have to say that Mr. Takei is nothing short of brilliant on it. His input, comments, and announcing are beyond hilarious.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Cool link Qasim. You are a human search engine. I've always had the utmost respect for George Takei. LOL at Shatner, the equal opportunity underminer. I wish I could listen to his stints on the Howard Stern show.
      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Working...
      X