No announcement yet.

The Parting Of The Ways (2713/113)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re: Bad Wolf- I always took it to mean that TARDISRose seeded the idea of Bad Wolf across time. In Boom Town when the Doctor asked Blon why she'd named the group/project Blaidd Drwg, she said it was because it sounded good. I'm guessing the same is true for the other instances; it seemed like a good idea at the time.

As for who was saved and what happened to Earth... I'm hoping we'll get some answers to that in S3. Or S29, depending on your reckoning.

I think the energy didn't kill Rose because it wasn't in her long enough. If the Doctor hadn't taken it from her, I think she would have died (and judging from what he said it was killing her already).

Comment

I was watching this ep tonight on the DVD and listening to the commentary. The people doing the commentary were Billie, John Barrowman and Julie Gardner (a producer). They were watching the scene at the end with the kiss and transfer of energy and Billie and Julie got to talking about how they actually filmed a scene where Rose died and how great it was. John was like what? I didn't know that! I wanna see it! He's so cute! So then he says will it be on the dvd's? There's silence, then Julie says sure! She doesn't sound sure though.

Anyway, my question is has anyone here ever seen this? I'm like John, I wanna see it!

BTW, I am totally in love with this show. This ep moved me to tears and it takes a lot for a tv show to do that. CE and BP played every beat perfectly.
      sigpic
      sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Well the CBC finished it's reruns of series 27. After my son had watched Bad Wolf we were at a Easter family gathering. There's my son siting with second cousins yelling out Ex-Ter-Mi-Nate!

He so loved the mass army of Daleks. And even though he knew doctor 9 was leaving and doctor 10 was taking over he was still saddened. (we have only caught a few epsiodes of series 28). 13 epsidoes just didn't seem long enough for CE!

I was so hoping the CBC would go right into the chrismtas speical (missed it the first time around) and into re-runs of season 28 but it's not on the schedule. I do know they are planning on airing series 29 this summer and Torchwood in the Fall.
        Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

I love the first season and loved the ending but did find the whole TARDIS/Rose thing a bit Deus Ex Machina..

Of course The TARDIS was merely testing Rose to see how true and faithful she was. I think that panel in the console would have opened with less effort but Rose had to prove herself to the TARDIS.

As for Jack harkness how did he get back to present day Earth to be in Torchwood. It's not like the Doc took him with them when they left. He's just stranded there on the station.
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            I love the first season and loved the ending but did find the whole TARDIS/Rose thing a bit Deus Ex Machina..

Of course The TARDIS was merely testing Rose to see how true and faithful she was. I think that panel in the console would have opened with less effort but Rose had to prove herself to the TARDIS.

As for Jack harkness how did he get back to present day Earth to be in Torchwood. It's not like the Doc took him with them when they left. He's just stranded there on the station.

It's explained in a later episode. Basically:
            Spoiler:
            He uses his wrist device (vortex manipulator) to bounce back in time; he overshoots and ends up in 1869; it burns out and he has to live through the next 140 years waiting for the right incarnation of the Doctor to show up. It's explained in Utopia (Season 3)

Hope that helps, if you don't mind being spoiled...

Comment

Originally posted by Raven56 View Post
              It's explained in a later episode. Basically:
              Spoiler:
              He uses his wrist device (vortex manipulator) to bounce back in time; he overshoots and ends up in 1869; it burns out and he has to live through the next 140 years waiting for the right incarnation of the Doctor to show up. It's explained in Utopia (Season 3)

Hope that helps, if you don't mind being spoiled...

Oh my gosh no. Love spoilers as I'm a spoiler junkie.
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

good ep thought the ending why kinda cheap but still great to see the regerantion
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

this is an fantastic episode i love to see the doctor regenerate altho its kind of sad that now he doesn't regenerate any other way like in the old series he did. i also like the fact that roses mum finds out that it was her daughter that stayed roses dad and in the end helped her daughter get back. i'm also glade that Micky uses the comment about once saving the universe with a big yellow truck.
                  sigpic

Comment

Unbelievable!
                    I love how much care Rose, The Doctor and Jack have for one another.
                    My favourite line: 'I think you need a Doctor.'
                    I was desperatley waiting for them to kiss.. *silent scream*
                    But is Jack gay? xD

I almost have tears in my eyes to see Eccleston leave. He was fantastic.. i suppose thats why he left 'to avoid being typecast'

There is a couple things i dont get.
                    - bad wolf reference.. is it rose or the tardis?
                    - in the credits it said dr who will return in christmas special.. do they mean eccleston?

10/10 ep
                    Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
                    - Doctor Who (series 7)
                    - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
                    - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
                    - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
                    - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

Originally posted by iJOKE View Post
                      Unbelievable!
                      I love how much care Rose, The Doctor and Jack have for one another.
                      My favourite line: 'I think you need a Doctor.'
                      I was desperatley waiting for them to kiss.. *silent scream*
                      But is Jack gay? xD

I almost have tears in my eyes to see Eccleston leave. He was fantastic.. i suppose thats why he left 'to avoid being typecast'

There is a couple things i dont get.
                      - bad wolf reference.. is it rose or the tardis?
                      - in the credits it said dr who will return in christmas special.. do they mean eccleston?

10/10 ep
                      Jack is bi, but the actor is gay.

Badwolf is both Rose and the Tardis.

The Christmas episode is Tennant. Eccleston never got a Christmas episode.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                        Badwolf is both Rose and the Tardis.
                        But that final scene in Doomsday was in
                        Spoiler:
                        bad wolf bay
                        and only rose was there. Coincidence?
                        Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
                        - Doctor Who (series 7)
                        - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
                        - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
                        - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
                        - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

Brilliant episode, even if I hated to see Eccleston go. *sigh* The kiss between the doctor and Harkness made me grin.
                          sigpic

Comment

Agreeing with myself once again.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X