Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Parting Of The Ways (2713/113)

First Lieutenant

Arrow1 Re: The Parting Of The Ways (2713)

Writers and directors can be extremely clever at times...
    Had to share this

My very witty, witty husband, who usually gets jokes thousands of light years ahead of me, still hasn't gotten the android joke...
    ...even after I s-p-e-l-l-e-d it out for him!
    He simply signaled that it (still) jumped waaaaaay over his head

Originally posted by SGalisa:
    I don't know if anyone else had difficulty with the android as a joke, but...
    ...what I originally *thought* I heard, this is how I spelled it out...
    Rose: "the android...? android??! !! ...an-droid..."

it went deeper... Rose got the joke, thus was partly how she figured out she was in a GAME show, and purposely there to win...
    android = "Anne Droid"
    ...listed on DW credits as: Voice of Anne Droid

2 more great camera picture set-ups... with hidden messages within:
    In the case of "Bad Wolf" and "Parting of the Ways", nearly Everything has a meaning and a purpose, you sometimes just gotta look for them. It's all part of the greater design... {hope this trend continues!}

item # 1...
    In the beginning of the "Bad Wolf" ep, in the Big Brother house with the all-seeing eye everywhere and the modern decor, I suspected about the props in and around the room, but had to wait for the doctor to put his radar onto the proverbial *picture signal* loud and clear. Will explain in a moment... but-

item # 2..."Parting of the Ways"
    I knew when I first saw the chickens, there was *possibly* something more meaningful behind it, but couldn't figure that one either, until *after* seeing the ep several times.

a Chicken joke, too? hidden within a more serious situation...
    Scene is after Rose got sent back to earth, her time stream. Scene is in the diner and starts out showing a bunch of *chickens* roasting in a hot oven...

"chick, chick, chicken??!"
    Rose is giving a speech to her mom and Mickey... about the Doctor showing her a better way of life; about taking a stand when everyone else runs away. So, who's a *chicken*? Certainly NOT Rose...!

re: item # 1...
    Including the convenient and strategic positioning of the Doctor in the BIG Brother house, when he finally figured out that *his* being there was much more than just a game ~ the camera set-up had him basically off center, but included the frame of the eye with the moving universe rotating within it.

Yep, something bigger
    Spoiler:
    the Controller, with the help of her Masters technology

found him traveling somewhere in the universe and managed to transmat him into that place; and he was determined to discover who or what it was...

Default Re: The Parting Of The Ways (2713)

Quote Originally Posted by keshou
    I've been poking around a bit to see if there's any news on Scifi picking up S2 (or S28 for the purists) and found this blurb at

http://www.gallifreyone.com/news.php

June 7, 2006
    Ratings for the twelfth episode of the first season of the new series, Bad Wolf, on US television on the Sci Fi Channel, have come in: the telecast dropped a bit to a 1.02 household rating with an average of 1.3 million viewers, down from the previous broadcast ("Boom Town") two weeks before and the smallest average audience to date for a Doctor Who original this season. The show was on a week-long hiatus, with viewers possibly tuning out after the lack of a broadcast the week before. Season-to-date, Sci Fi reports that Doctor Who is currently averaging a 1.27 household rating and an average audience of 1.5 million viewers for the season. The season finale airs this Friday, June 9.

Hopefully "The Parting Of the Ways" had a bunch of eyeballs (with boxes) glued to it so the ratings will be good. Those ratings certainly don't compare with BSG...or either of the Stargates' "new episode" ratings but then again I don't know what Scifi's expectations were. If they didn't pay that much for the broadcast rights then that might be a darn good showing for Doctor Who. Maybe they'll pick up S2 and air it with BSG in October. I can hope anyway.

So Captain Jack's getting his own series. I Jack...so I'll definitely give "Torchwood" a go. U.S. Scifi channel picking up that series will probably be iffy I suppose. But there are always alternatives I guess....R2 DVD's, moving to the UK, etc, etc
    Blasted americans and their bad taste in shows. =P
    It feels good to be alive.
    Cause i've been dead for so long.

For all you US people who havent seen series 2, David Tennant is a brilliant Doctor, so you dont have to worry.
    The Daleks is parting of the ways was brilliant, i loved them, with 200 Dalek ships each will 2 million Daleks on them. Thats alot.
    I liked the Doctor NOT killing everyone on earth.
    This was just a brilliant episode. Its a shame i missed so much of series 1 (27)
    Hola

Hello

Behind the *new* bar. What'll it be, stranger?

Nice way to end the season, I would've liked to see the Ninth Doctor explored a bit more in another season - ah well, Tennant should be good.
    I thought that the Emperor Dalek was Davros, he wasn't but the character was just as evil. I hated the explanation of the 'Bad Wolf' and thought that if the creators really wanted it to be something really surprising they could have kept it going for another season - IT SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SUPER-ENHANCED TARDIS ROSE BECUZ DAT IS DER STOOPID.

Next season should be good with David Tennant.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

I have a few questions regarding this episode that i enjoyed very much.

1. Who actually left all the Badwolf signs? I know it mentioned the Tardis but who would of sprayed the paint for example in the park area?

2. Did Rose only save Captain Jack? What happened to all the other people killed on the station?

3. It showed Countries on Earth being destroyed, does that mean most of the human race was destroyed?

4. Why did the energy from the Tardis kill the Doctor and not Rose?

re: Bad Wolf- I always took it to mean that TARDISRose seeded the idea of Bad Wolf across time. In Boom Town when the Doctor asked Blon why she'd named the group/project Blaidd Drwg, she said it was because it sounded good. I'm guessing the same is true for the other instances; it seemed like a good idea at the time.

As for who was saved and what happened to Earth... I'm hoping we'll get some answers to that in S3. Or S29, depending on your reckoning.

I think the energy didn't kill Rose because it wasn't in her long enough. If the Doctor hadn't taken it from her, I think she would have died (and judging from what he said it was killing her already).

I was watching this ep tonight on the DVD and listening to the commentary. The people doing the commentary were Billie, John Barrowman and Julie Gardner (a producer). They were watching the scene at the end with the kiss and transfer of energy and Billie and Julie got to talking about how they actually filmed a scene where Rose died and how great it was. John was like what? I didn't know that! I wanna see it! He's so cute! So then he says will it be on the dvd's? There's silence, then Julie says sure! She doesn't sound sure though.

Anyway, my question is has anyone here ever seen this? I'm like John, I wanna see it!

BTW, I am totally in love with this show. This ep moved me to tears and it takes a lot for a tv show to do that. CE and BP played every beat perfectly.
    sig by SueKay

My Team:

Well the CBC finished it's reruns of series 27. After my son had watched Bad Wolf we were at a Easter family gathering. There's my son siting with second cousins yelling out Ex-Ter-Mi-Nate!

He so loved the mass army of Daleks. And even though he knew doctor 9 was leaving and doctor 10 was taking over he was still saddened. (we have only caught a few epsiodes of series 28). 13 epsidoes just didn't seem long enough for CE!

I was so hoping the CBC would go right into the chrismtas speical (missed it the first time around) and into re-runs of season 28 but it's not on the schedule. I do know they are planning on airing series 29 this summer and Torchwood in the Fall.
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Default Re: The Parting Of The Ways (2713/113)

I love the first season and loved the ending but did find the whole TARDIS/Rose thing a bit Deus Ex Machina..

Of course The TARDIS was merely testing Rose to see how true and faithful she was. I think that panel in the console would have opened with less effort but Rose had to prove herself to the TARDIS.

As for Jack harkness how did he get back to present day Earth to be in Torchwood. It's not like the Doc took him with them when they left. He's just stranded there on the station.
    Playing as Johanna Darkwater. Friend me in game if you are online

Hey I have an idea let's write a video game and put it online, add DLC and patches when needed and just put it out there. Who needs testing right? :/

Let's call it Defiance

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Pops View Post
    I love the first season and loved the ending but did find the whole TARDIS/Rose thing a bit Deus Ex Machina..

Of course The TARDIS was merely testing Rose to see how true and faithful she was. I think that panel in the console would have opened with less effort but Rose had to prove herself to the TARDIS.

As for Jack harkness how did he get back to present day Earth to be in Torchwood. It's not like the Doc took him with them when they left. He's just stranded there on the station.

It's explained in a later episode. Basically:
    Spoiler:
    He uses his wrist device (vortex manipulator) to bounce back in time; he overshoots and ends up in 1869; it burns out and he has to live through the next 140 years waiting for the right incarnation of the Doctor to show up. It's explained in Utopia (Season 3)

Hope that helps, if you don't mind being spoiled...

Quote Originally Posted by Raven56 View Post
    It's explained in a later episode. Basically:
    Spoiler:
    He uses his wrist device (vortex manipulator) to bounce back in time; he overshoots and ends up in 1869; it burns out and he has to live through the next 140 years waiting for the right incarnation of the Doctor to show up. It's explained in Utopia (Season 3)

Hope that helps, if you don't mind being spoiled...

Oh my gosh no. Love spoilers as I'm a spoiler junkie.
    Playing as Johanna Darkwater. Friend me in game if you are online

Hey I have an idea let's write a video game and put it online, add DLC and patches when needed and just put it out there. Who needs testing right? :/

Let's call it Defiance

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

good ep thought the ending why kinda cheap but still great to see the regerantion

this is an fantastic episode i love to see the doctor regenerate altho its kind of sad that now he doesn't regenerate any other way like in the old series he did. i also like the fact that roses mum finds out that it was her daughter that stayed roses dad and in the end helped her daughter get back. i'm also glade that Micky uses the comment about once saving the universe with a big yellow truck.

Second Lieutenant

Unbelievable!
    I love how much care Rose, The Doctor and Jack have for one another.
    My favourite line: 'I think you need a Doctor.'
    I was desperatley waiting for them to kiss.. *silent scream*
    But is Jack gay? xD

I almost have tears in my eyes to see Eccleston leave. He was fantastic.. i suppose thats why he left 'to avoid being typecast'

There is a couple things i dont get.
    - bad wolf reference.. is it rose or the tardis?
    - in the credits it said dr who will return in christmas special.. do they mean eccleston?

10/10 ep
    Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
    - Doctor Who (series 7)
    - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
    - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
    - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
    - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Quote Originally Posted by iJOKE View Post
    Unbelievable!
    I love how much care Rose, The Doctor and Jack have for one another.
    My favourite line: 'I think you need a Doctor.'
    I was desperatley waiting for them to kiss.. *silent scream*
    But is Jack gay? xD

I almost have tears in my eyes to see Eccleston leave. He was fantastic.. i suppose thats why he left 'to avoid being typecast'

There is a couple things i dont get.
    - bad wolf reference.. is it rose or the tardis?
    - in the credits it said dr who will return in christmas special.. do they mean eccleston?

10/10 ep
    Jack is bi, but the actor is gay.

Badwolf is both Rose and the Tardis.

The Christmas episode is Tennant. Eccleston never got a Christmas episode.

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    Badwolf is both Rose and the Tardis.
    But that final scene in Doomsday was in
    Spoiler:
    bad wolf bay
    and only rose was there. Coincidence?
    Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
    - Doctor Who (series 7)
    - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
    - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
    - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
    - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Exploring space and time with the 9th doctor

Brilliant episode, even if I hated to see Eccleston go. *sigh* The kiss between the doctor and Harkness made me grin.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/manephelien/avatars/deadtribbles.jpg

Exploring space and time with the 9th doctor

Agreeing with myself once again.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/manephelien/avatars/deadtribbles.jpg