• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Parting Of The Ways (2713/113)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO SERIES 27
    THE PARTING OF THE WAYS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 2713

The Doctor prepares to fend off the Dalek invasion of Earth, and sends Rose back home against her will to keep her safe from the devastation that is sure to come.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 10 April 2011, 03:27 PM.

Personally, this was the high point of the season, Captain Jack, The Doctor, and Rose, all showed who they truely are. Jack, the brave, selfless soldier. the Doctor, the man who will never hurt an innocent, and who would do anything for love. Rose, the woman who would do anything for anybody, no matter what.

I cannot fault this episode, so I am giving it 10/10

Top Quote:

Doctor: "You know what they call me in the ancient legends of the Dalek homeworld? The Oncoming Storm. You might have removed all your emotions, but I reckon right down deep in your DNA there's one little spark left. And that's fear. Doesn't it just burn when you face me?"
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

The perfect end to a triumphant new season. Fantastic, fabulous episode. The battles, the goodbyes, the silent "EX-TER-MI-NATE", the special effects, Emergency Program 1, the Bad Wolf, and the end of the Time War. Cap it all off with a glorious regenaration, and you have a flawless end.

10/10.
      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

The scenes with the Dalek armada are stunning and the emergency programme bit is nice and touching. This episode has the best score as well, the music when Rose returns to the platform is fantastic. Definitely the best regeneration in the series too.

Comment

Originally posted by in circles
          The scenes with the Dalek armada are stunning and the emergency programme bit is nice and touching. This episode has the best score as well, the music when Rose returns to the platform is fantastic. Definitely the best regeneration in the series too.
          shame it was too soon.
          Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

My wife, a massive Buffy fan who kind of grudingly watched the first episode and then moved through pretending to still dislike it to conceeding it was alright kept breaking into tears throughout this ep (the Doctor betrays Rose, Emergency Program One, Jack's death, "You Were Fantastic and, you know what, so was I") and declared at the end "I haven't felt this way about television since Becoming Part Two" ... which is high praise indeed, coming from her.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuallain
              My wife, a massive Buffy fan who kind of grudingly watched the first episode and then moved through pretending to still dislike it to conceeding it was alright kept breaking into tears throughout this ep (the Doctor betrays Rose, Emergency Program One, Jack's death, "You Were Fantastic and, you know what, so was I") and declared at the end "I haven't felt this way about television since Becoming Part Two" ... which is high praise indeed, coming from her.
              That's high praise indeed. Becoming was spectacular. It's impressive that the new Who hit that mark in it's first series.

BTW... what are you doing here?
              "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
              "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
              BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

BTW... what are you doing here?
                The Gaters belong to us. They will be like Us. Etc. Etc. Spreading the word on the Sci-Fi Channel board as well.

Comment

Wow, this episode was just incredible. I nearly cried my eyes out when the Doctor wanted Rose to be safe and trapped her in the TARDIS for her own good. The look on his face, the painful cry in her voice. Damn, that's good television.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
                  Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

Comment

Couldnt agree more, loved this episode 10 times more second time around, nearly broke down to tears when he sent her back. Deep television that, Russell T Davies is a genious "*turns head to Rose* have a good life" brilliant
                    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

This episode was brilliant all around. It's been two weeks for me and I'm still heartbroken. I know he's still the Doctor, but it just won't be the same without Christopher Eccleston.

I thought Billie did an amazing job with the vortex running through her. Plus, the scene where she tells her mom that she's the one who was with Pete was very moving.

I'm a shipper and I have to say, I squeed when the Doctor kissed her. Loved it.

I can't believe I went from "this is so-so" to complete and utter love in 13 episodes of this show.

Comment

Good morning everyone.
                        My name is Trader Joe and, though I have been lurking on this board for four years, this is my first post.

I just re-watched TPOTW and was wondering how much of that was Rose talking and how much, if any, was the TARDIS.

I only wonder because of the was Rose was talking. (i.e. strange voice, refering to him as "My Doctor", entire time stream running through her head, that kind of thing.) She showed more affection for him at that time then she ever had before in the series.

Well, that's it for now.
                        Trader Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Trader Joe
                          Good morning everyone.
                          My name is Trader Joe and, though I have been lurking on this board for four years, this is my first post.

I just re-watched TPOTW and was wondering how much of that was Rose talking and how much, if any, was the TARDIS.

I only wonder because of the was Rose was talking. (i.e. strange voice, refering to him as "My Doctor", entire time stream running through her head, that kind of thing.) She showed more affection for him at that time then she ever had before in the series.

Well, that's it for now.
                          Trader Joe
                          Well I always thought The Doctor and the T.A.R.D.I.S had a kind of connection, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was the T.A.R.D.I.S *weird* Although I guess it was part of the whole BW thing so who knows, it's all speculation I think.

Comment

Fantastic episode and yet so sad. I knew they were changing Doctors at the end of the season and hated to see Christopher Eccleston go. I really liked him.

Man this episode was tense, especially in the final minutes. I didn’t know how they were going to pull it off but great resolution. I don’t know what the Daleks were like in the previous series (I’ve read where some people didn’t find them all that scary), but they were downright menacing in this one.

I’m new to DW, but I may have to seriously consider buying this season on DVD. It had some of the best episodes of any television show I’ve seen in a while.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

I absolutely loved this episode... This episode brought alot of emotion and it kept you watching all the way... But then I am always a fan of Daleks!

Mattathias

Comment

Working...
                              X