No announcement yet.

The Empty Child (2709/109)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved this episode, too. My 23 year old sister and I were huddled together with the lights off, freaking out because of the little child saying "Are you my mummy?". It was terrific!

I also felt like slapping Jack upside the head and say, yes, your actions WILL come back to haunt you. But in truth, I do like Jack, to a point. But it was once again the Doctor and Rose who saved the day !
    Diana Goddard: "It's been on Earth for over fifty years. Sold at private auction, moving from one collection to another. Why would it be a threat now?"
    The Doctor [9th]: "Because I'm here."

The Doctor [10th]: "People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."

Comment

this episode scared me half to death i loved it tho. even my mum was scared
      sigpic

Comment

There is a kid with a gasmask who looks just like the one from this episode in the queen video for Radio Gaga....
        I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

really maybe i should pay more attention. i re watched this today and it still freaks me out a little its a good episode
          sigpic

Comment

This and the second episode are freaking creepy...
            sigpic

Comment

I would give this episode 10 stars out of 10. the concept of the episode was the best i had ever seen(so far:O). now, when ever someone has seen that episode and reads the doctor suess book ARE YOU MY MOMMY?, they shall forever see the kid as a child with a gas mask on.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                Yeah, "Mummy" is a creepy word, now. And gasmasks... yeek.
                oh my god that episode was so scary. :O
                I have a gas mask (exactly like the one in the episode) a few rooms from where i am now... all that would go through my mind now is 'Mummy.. are you my mummy'
                And how it morphed onto their faces.. i almost fell off my chair.
                Creepy episode
                Kudos to moffat!

watching the next ep now....... not in the dark!
                Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
                - Doctor Who (series 7)
                - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
                - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
                - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
                - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

Cool episode, and definitely the most creepy one so far! Yikes. And yay for Harkness!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                    Cool episode, and definitely the most creepy one so far! Yikes. And yay for Harkness!
                    I found this one of the more enjoyable episodes for the Ninth Doctor. Part of it was the mixture of opposites. The episode was set in the past but contained elements from the distant future, namely Jack and his ship, as well as the situation they're all caught up in.
                    sigpic

Comment

Just rewatched this episode. Still terrifying to this day!
                      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

It scares the bejesus out of me. Especially the scene near the end when the old doctor turns into one of those empty things.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X