• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Long Game (2707/107)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO SERIES 27
    THE LONG GAME
    EPISODE NUMBER - 2707

The Doctor and Rose show Adam the distant future -- Satellite 5, an orbital space station responsible for broadcasting all the world's news, and which is being controlled by a powerful alien creature.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 10 April 2011, 03:24 PM.

Just something that caught my attention... Until a few days ago I'd only watched this episode once, maybe twice, back in July, as in my memory it was the least interesting of all 13 episodes. It aired last weekend on a Belgian network, and it was a lot more fun than I remembered. What really surprised me was Suki. I watched Bleak House on the BBC, but never realized that Anna Maxwell Martin, who played Esther, also played Suki in this episode. She looks unbelievably different!

Comment

hmm The Long Game. Good points ... Simon Pegg man thats a great Actor he rules and played the part of the Editor Perfectly. The Doctor Being ruthless in his protection of Time and Space through destroying Adams phone message and of course that weird bran thing was kinda cool. Jagrafess was great too.

Bad Points... Adam, Adam ,Adam man he was soooo annoying im glad they got rid of him straight away and still with the chip in his head which some people speculated that he could be Davros in some way through this.

Therefore I give this ep a rating of 7 out of 10 but if Adam wasnt in it id probably give it 9 or 10 out of 10.
      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Aaah, I think you're bein' to harsh on the kid, I actually quite liked him

I'd give this a 9/10, very plot turning, good 'ol satellite 5, I just know we're gonna go back there again.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

I guess he reminded me too much of bad Turlough when he was under the influence of the Black Guardian. Man wasnt he soo whiny ???
          Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Sadly, the Long Game is a bit of a downturn. Probably the weakest episode in many ways, but it does have it's good points. Simon Pegg is slick and menacing as the Editor. The episode's Teaser is awesome with the "He's your boyfriend" bit. Eccleston does some great stuff in this story as well. Watch when he sends Rose and Adam off to explore... his face goes from manic happy to dark and mysterious in a double-heartbeat. The Mighty Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxarodenfoe is my favorite monster name ever.

But there's very little actual story to it. Little plot stretched over too much time, with a weak, facile ending. Makes this ep on the weak side.

7/10
            "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
            "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
            BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

This is the ONE episode that I will skip over when going on a full series marathon... a bit like Sg-1 Series one's "Emancipation". I really do not like it. For me the editor is great, but that's it. I didnt like the acting, setting or just anything about this ep to be honest. it's harsh, i know. But it's how i feel. I always find one ep in every show that I just cant stand...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Once Adam realized he had access to all that future tech, you could see the wheels turning.
                Got the phone, got the implant, and started transmitting data as soon as he could.
                And he was quite the manipulative one.

Comment

I liked Adam well enough in Dalek and was happy Rose invited him along, but Long Game made me hate, hate, HATE him. What a stupid, manipulative little weasel. I hope they DO cut open his head and perform hideous experiments on him.

I'll agree on it being kind of a "meh" ep. And now that I've seen it twice, I don't think I need to see it again.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    I liked Adam well enough in Dalek and was happy Rose invited him along, but Long Game made me hate, hate, HATE him. What a stupid, manipulative little weasel. I hope they DO cut open his head and perform hideous experiments on him.
                    I thought that made him more interesting. Then again, I liked Turlough (character from the old series...very devious).

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    I'll agree on it being kind of a "meh" ep. And now that I've seen it twice, I don't think I need to see it again.
                    Well, most fans felt the same.

Never mind. The next three stories are excellent.

Comment

I found it shocking, what Adam say, but I like the fact the Doctor did something so unexpected.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                        Once Adam realized he had access to all that future tech, you could see the wheels turning.
                        Got the phone, got the implant, and started transmitting data as soon as he could.
                        I think Adam saw an Opportunity and he took it. I'm not saying what he did was right, but come on don't say it wouldn't be attempting for us if we were in his shoes. Also I think Adam wants to change the world make it better and be famous for doing it.

Comment

I dunno. I guess what bugged me about that whole thing was the small-mindedness of it. Adam assumed his trip through time was only a temporary thing and that he'd eventually get home to collect that message- and get home within a time frame that it wouldn't be a nuisance to keep holding that message on the machine. Must be a case of different mentalities, 'cause if I got invited onto the TARDIS, I sure as hell wouldn't be planning my life for when I got home, I'd be more interested in what the next great adventure would be. There'd be time enough for reality later- AFTER all the fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatewarns
                            I think Adam saw an Opportunity and he took it. I'm not saying what he did was right, but come on don't say it wouldn't be attempting for us if we were in his shoes. Also I think Adam wants to change the world make it better and be famous for doing it.
                            Well, let's review what I said.

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                            I'm looking for the part where I supposedly judged him and I don't see it
                            And I certainly don't see the part where I said "It wouldn't be tempting to do what he did."
                            Obviously, it was or he wouldn't have done it.

Comment

i don't ever remember a companion doing something, that endangered the Doctor more.
                              Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Working...
                              X