This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebel Jaffa and Symbiotes

So we know they started taking tretonin instead of having symbiotes, or at least Teal'c and Bra'tac are. So the real question is, why don't they just get their stomachs healed using either goa'uld / asgard technology? It's already been shown that it doesn't replace the regenerative properties of having a snake in the gut, so I doubt they still have the benefit of longer lives either. So why would they rely on a physical dependency instead of just become cured.

It was already demonstrated that a sarcophagus could fix a jafa back to normal (Way back in season one), and I'm sure sitting next to the mystical box of uber healing would patch that up in no time as well. Since both might not be safe, I'm sure they could even come up with another effective solution to this "dangling plotline"

Well...we're not a 100% sure that the sarcophagus would heal the Jaffa's dependancy entirely on Symbiotes (its only been shown that it worked on Jack who only briefly incubated a symbiote) as well as that fact that a) it would be a pain in the butt to get all the Jaffa access to a sarcophagus and b) it has negative affects upon the user...that being said (SPOILERS)

the Tok'ra have that ancient healing device now, maybe they COULD modify it to cure the Jaffa but the question is would they WANT to...
    Jackson: Hathor was the Egyptian goddess of fertility, inebriety, and music.
    O'Neill: Sex, drugs, and rock and roll?

Comment

Originally posted by hail_jack
      Well...we're not a 100% sure that the sarcophagus would heal the Jaffa's dependancy entirely on Symbiotes (its only been shown that it worked on Jack who only briefly incubated a symbiote) as well as that fact that a) it would be a pain in the butt to get all the Jaffa access to a sarcophagus and b) it has negative affects upon the user...that being said (SPOILERS)
      Jack was never given a symbiote, was he? He was just given the pouch and the lack-of-immune-system.
      sigpic

Comment

I've always wandered what would happen to a Jaffa if one of them didn't go through the pouch-making ceremony. Would they still have the lack-of-immune system or would they live a normal life of a human?
        The Gamekeeper: "I told you they would ruin everything.
        First, the garden. Next, the entire
        PLANET!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Satellite
          I've always wandered what would happen to a Jaffa if one of them didn't go through the pouch-making ceremony. Would they still have the lack-of-immune system or would they live a normal life of a human?
          Lack of immune system. They are engineered to require a symbiote at puberty, or they'll die.
          sigpic

Comment

Mio is correct. Seen in Birthright in season seven.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
              Mio is correct. Seen in Birthright in season seven.
              Daily Sarc visits might keep them alive, though...

...maybe sticking an ancient healing device in a lead case and putting it in the center of town.
              sigpic

Comment

Hehe, i don't think we have seen the effects of that to Jaffa people have we??
                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

The sarcaphogus visits would work well for about a month and half or two, but then the "patient" would probably do something completly irrational with a result of ending their life.
                  The Gamekeeper: "I told you they would ruin everything.
                  First, the garden. Next, the entire
                  PLANET!!!"

Comment

Oh yes, so that scratches that idea of Sarcophagus visits... Gosh, Jaffa are so hard to take care of, especially if they don't have a symbiote!!!
                    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Working...
                    X