This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by An Ancient
    I'm just wondering, based on what we've seen, whether the Atlantis Ancients were in some way less powerful than the final non-ascended forms of the Milky Way Ancients. Apart from the difference in technology appearance, the Pegasus Ancients appear to use directed energy weapons, the squid-of-death, and thats about it. They still had Atlantis as their main base and PJ's as their main transport/exploration ship even though both were millions of years old by the time the final battle with the Wraith came. They also had to research ascension.

As opposed to the Milky Way Ancients, who have trans-galatic comm tech, galaxy destroying tech (Dakara, albeit with Stargate assistance), as well as more plentiful ZPM's, and more powerful weapons (Atlantis defence, squid swarm, the same defence was considered adequete for a Mily Way outpost, and a Ancient designed weapon devastated an entire planet by misfiring.) Additionally, the Milky Way Ancients created the headgrabber information download device, which appears totally unknown to the Pegasus Ancients.

Didn't the Ancients return to the Milky Way after they lost the war to the Wraith? That Dakara weapon was created to seed life in the Milky Way after the plague wiped out the original life that was there.
    Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
    Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally posted by newtrekker
      Didn't the Ancients return to the Milky Way after they lost the war to the Wraith? That Dakara weapon was created to seed life in the Milky Way after the plague wiped out the original life that was there.
      The Atlantis survivors popped out into an already Goa'uld dominated Earth, in small numbers, and appear to have lived out the rest of their days as mortals, they certainly didn't do any empire building or fighting at this point, the Dakara weapon had already been used and locked up long ago (given the prescence of Jaffa and the fact that Dakara was where Jaffa were first made years before that).
      -I was, am, and will be, Aeon9570 (if I ever remember the password)-
      -You want to mess with the Ancients? Please update your will...-
      -S/J, you cannot stop it, it is not 'possible', it just is.-

Comment

The Atlantis survivors popped out into an already Goa'uld dominated Earth, in small numbers, and appear to have lived out the rest of their days as mortals, they certainly didn't do any empire building or fighting at this point, the Dakara weapon had already been used and locked up long ago (given the prescence of Jaffa and the fact that Dakara was where Jaffa were first made years before that).
        They might have helped in the rebellion. We don't really know when the used the Dakara weapon to seed life in the Milky Way.

Comment

They might have helped in the rebellion. We don't really know when the used the Dakara weapon to seed life in the Milky Way.
          I think the theory that some are going under is that the Atlanteans left MW galaxy for Pegasus leaving behind the Alteran Ancients who were suffering from the plague. These Ancients in desperation built numerous technologies to fight off the plague and failed. So they resigned themselves to death or ascension and built the Dakaran device before it happened to restart life in the galaxy. So when the Atlanteans returned the device was already used a long time ago.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
            The Atlantis ancients are the Milky Way ancients with a couple of million years added on

Earth as an outpost has one drone launcher - Atlantis has 3 (out of ammo but still)

There have been more ZPMs found in Pegasus than tin the MW (3 in the city, the one in Childhoods End, the one in Brotherhood and
            Spoiler:
            one more in Coup d'État
            ) (all depleted)

There have been 3 found in the MW (Lost City, Zero Hour, Moebius) (all but one depleted)
            The one introduced by Camalus in Zero Hour wasn't depleted, it was booby trapped.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
              The Atlantis ancients are the Milky Way ancients with a couple of million years added on

Earth as an outpost has one drone launcher - Atlantis has 3 (out of ammo but still)
              Spoiler:
              they refill the drone launcher in atlantis in the tower

There have been more ZPMs found in Pegasus than tin the MW (3 in the city, the one in Childhoods End, the one in Brotherhood and
              Spoiler:
              one more in Coup d'État
              ) (all depleted)
              umm in brotherhood the ZPM isn't depleted (to our knowledge) it was just hidden, then found by us, then taken from us.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
                I think the theory that some are going under is that the Atlanteans left MW galaxy for Pegasus leaving behind the Alteran Ancients who were suffering from the plague. These Ancients in desperation built numerous technologies to fight off the plague and failed. So they resigned themselves to death or ascension and built the Dakaran device before it happened to restart life in the galaxy. So when the Atlanteans returned the device was already used a long time ago.
                Yes, exactly. Well I would agree with that.

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
                umm in brotherhood the ZPM isn't depleted (to our knowledge) it was just hidden, then found by us, then taken from us.
                That's true, cause it was never used by the people on that planet.

Comment

Given that Dakara was already occupied by the Goa'uld at this point and Jaffa legend had nothing on an uber advanced force of humans recapturing it for a while, and given the continued and apprently uninterrupted reign of the Goa'uld, it is practically impossible that the Dakara weapon was activated by the Atlantians, all indications are that it was activated by the last non-ascended MW ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
                    First of all, lets point out that the ancients were recreating intelligent life (humans or humanoids) in the galaxy, not ALL life in the galaxy. There simply hasn't been enough time for all life to evolve if this is supposed to have happened in the last 5-10 million years.

Secondly, there is absolutely no reason for Atlantis to leave the Milky Way according to this conjecture (it's no theory). According to this, the ancients got plagued and the Lantians said "screw you guys, we're outta here!". The Milky Way is a big place, and Atlantis is a city that is also a space ship; they could have simply lived in space, or on an uninfected world (like Earth).

Thirdly, the Dekara device, as Jacob described it's functions in Reckoning II, was no device for recreating life. In fact, the way he explained it, it's whole purpose was to clean the plague off of infected worlds. Whatever the ancients did to recreate intelligent life on worlds, it had nothing to do with the Dekara device, regardless of what Anubis said in Threads.

You're right about the last part though; when the Lantians returned to Earth, the Dakara device had been used a long time ago.
                    Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Given that Dakara was already occupied by the Goa'uld at this point and Jaffa legend had nothing on an uber advanced force of humans recapturing it for a while, and given the continued and apprently uninterrupted reign of the Goa'uld, it is practically impossible that the Dakara weapon was activated by the Atlantians, all indications are that it was activated by the last non-ascended MW ancients.
                      I didn't say it was the Atlantians that activated it. What I meant was, they might have helped with the rebellion on Earth against Ra.

Comment

I didn't say it was the Atlantians that activated it. What I meant was, they might have helped with the rebellion on Earth against Ra.
                        Unless they were disguised as ancient Egyptians, and totally avoided SG-1 when they traveled back in time TWICE, I'd say you're wrong.
                        Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
                          First of all, lets point out that the ancients were recreating intelligent life (humans or humanoids) in the galaxy, not ALL life in the galaxy. There simply hasn't been enough time for all life to evolve if this is supposed to have happened in the last 5-10 million years.

Secondly, there is absolutely no reason for Atlantis to leave the Milky Way according to this conjecture (it's no theory). According to this, the ancients got plagued and the Lantians said "screw you guys, we're outta here!". The Milky Way is a big place, and Atlantis is a city that is also a space ship; they could have simply lived in space, or on an uninfected world (like Earth).

Thirdly, the Dekara device, as Jacob described it's functions in Reckoning II, was no device for recreating life. In fact, the way he explained it, it's whole purpose was to clean the plague off of infected worlds. Whatever the ancients did to recreate intelligent life on worlds, it had nothing to do with the Dekara device, regardless of what Anubis said in Threads.
                          They did recreate all life (exept plants ,i think) . And yes, the Atlantis guys left so not to be infected with the plague. There were no uninfected worlds exept for other galaxies.

The ancients only used the dekara device to clean the galaxy from the plague. Then life evolved again.

Comment

Almost certainly, since, by the legends they left behind, like Merlin, they would have appeared to the primitive humans as exteremly powerful 'magical' beings assiting the forces against the Goa'uld.

Comment

The timeframes involved are indeed mindboggling. I think saying Atlantis left Earth 'several million years ago' blocked them into a corner. You wouldn't keep a city for several million years (up until 10,000 years ago). The needs of the people there would change, the technology would change etc. They should have said they left maybe 50,000 years ago. Still mindboggling, but slightly more realistic.
                              "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Well if they did that we would say "why not 10'000 years ago" .

Comment

Working...
                                X