Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about the time dilation device (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about the time dilation device (Spoilers)

Spoilers for season8 New Order (Pt. 1 and 2)

We know the replicators have escaped the black hole by using the time dilation device to counteract the gravitational field. Do we know if the device was destroid with the replicator ship at the ambush of orilla or is it possible that they still posses it after escaping from orilla? Because if this it possible the Asgard might have some big problem with resistant replicators in very short time, relativly speaking...
    www.savestargatesg-1.com

Nope, we have no knowledge of whether it survived the black hole or not. It doesn't seem like it did, since the Replicators formed their Lego ship after escaping to a safe distance, but one of the chunks could've dragged it with them anyway. I guess we'll find out later in the season if they still have it or not.

Comment

The thing is, that the new weapon was created with technology so far beyond the replicators that they wouldn't stand a chance of adapting to it without a pretty big lesson on Ancient technology.

...so, unless they eat Atlantis....
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
        The thing is, that the new weapon was created with technology so far beyond the replicators that they wouldn't stand a chance of adapting to it without a pretty big lesson on Ancient technology.

...so, unless they eat Atlantis....
        I was wandering what the possiblity of this would be. In order for the replicators to make a meal of Atlantis, they'd have to get there first. Where exactly (which direction or how far away) are the Asgard trying to rebuild their empire? Atlantis is in the Pegasus Galaxy which is an orbiting galaxy of the Milky Way. However, the only mention I've heard of the Asgard's actual location is a galaxy named "Othala"(spl?) or "IDA". Now, call me an astrology buff but I tried looking for these two galaxies and haven't found either one. So, I don't see how there's any way to tell exactly how difficult it would be for the replictors to travel the distance to Atlantis, or there-abouts.
        The Gamekeeper: "I told you they would ruin everything.
        First, the garden. Next, the entire
        PLANET!!!"

Comment

If my memory's correct in the episode "The Fifth Race" we are told that O'neill gated to the planet "Othala" in the Galaxy of "Ida." Of course that was way back in season 2 and the replicators have made the Asguard move for now so we don't have a clue where they're located now ( I don't think)

Comment

I don't think they're in the same galaxy any longer. Since it took them quite a while to travel in hyperspeed to get there.

Comment

I don't think we'll be seeing the Replicators anytime soon If the Replic-Sam is making Fifth happy, maybe they'll stay away, haha... But i think that the device was destroyed...
              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Markey2
                If my memory's correct in the episode "The Fifth Race" we are told that O'neill gated to the planet "Othala" in the Galaxy of "Ida." Of course that was way back in season 2 and the replicators have made the Asguard move for now so we don't have a clue where they're located now ( I don't think)
                The "Othala" reference I was refering to was in season 8 "New order". Dr. Weir, DJ, SC, and Tea'lc were dicscussing how to rescue O'neil:

Dr. Weir: Isn't the planet you're talking about in another galaxy?

Dr. Jackson: Othala

Where in tar-nation is Othala?
                PLANET!!!"

Comment

Othalla, is for one thing, used to be an Asgard populated planet. It is in the Ida galaxy.

Comment

Carter:"You know that the Asgard trapped the Replicators on the planet halla"
                    Weir:"Yes I remember reading something about that, isn't the planet in another galaxy?"
                    Jackson:"Othalla"

Poor DJ doesn't know what the galaxy is called.

Comment

Maybe Gateworld is wrong, but blame the writers!!!

Comment

Maybe the Asgard don't know what their own galaxy is called!

Comment

Hehe, stupid, but funny, why didn't the Asgard put a tampering thing within the time Dialiation device, so that it would explode, like the SG1 robots.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                            Hehe, stupid, but funny, why didn't the Asgard put a tampering thing within the time Dialiation device, so that it would explode, like the SG1 robots.
                            You're asking the asgard to think like that? Big mistake. They'd probably overdo it.

I can see it now. The replicator crawls up to the time dilation device, and the universe explodes....
                            sigpic

Comment

Perhaps the Asgard underestimated the replicators when they attempted to trap them with the time dilation device. If you remember, the way the replicators took control of the device was to access it by traveling through a microscopic crack in the outer protective shield. You'd think that the Asgard would've been able to detect wether or not the outer shield was perfectly solid. If they thought the replictors were unable to penetrate the shield they wouldn't have thought to have put a destruct mechanism on the device.
                              PLANET!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X