This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Elements and Resources in Pegasus

I believe in Season 2 of SG1, we were introduced with the material known to us as "Trinium." And Naquada was introduced sometime in Season 3. I'd like to see more episodes explaining more offworld exploration into different elements and resources.

Would be nice to see new stronger materials that could help us build better ships.

What does the Asgard use for the construction of their ships. Was it "nutronium (sp?)".

Hopefully we'll find out what the ship is made of when they study the
    Spoiler:
    new Aurora Battlecruiser that Atlantis teams find
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

interesting, this should be in the S2 folder i think
    but then again it kinda relates to sci/tech

anyway I don't think we will find many new elements in Pegasus for some time, because the human population is technologically advanced, so they would prob. not understand it properly

Comment

Incidentally, Naquadah was introduced in the movie, though it wasn't refered to as such.

a time to mourn

Comment

In Atlantis there is the Olesian ore which is useful if somewhat volatile and two generators stolen one which is a solar cell and another which is just called a generator which is tricky to interface but provides good power.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
          Incidentally, Naquadah was introduced in the movie, though it wasn't refered to as such.
          i believe all they knew was that the material mined there was the same material thats used in the stargate.

Comment

i think that pegasus would contain more natural resource but they will either be too advanced for the world to know what to do with them, or under control from the wraith, like naquadah was in SG1 with the goauld.
            i think the olesian ore looked promising, i think that episode could of moved the story forward alot, giving us a 'tokra' for atlantis.
            but they didnt, which basicly sums up S2 for me.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

What do you guys think the chances of finding trinium, naquadah and Neutronium in pegasus are? You know how thor explained in s3 that the asgard were developing a new alloy of carbon, naquadah and trinium and how it was implemented on The O'neill? I wonder what would happen if you introduced Neutronium into the mix? *Strokes his beard*

Best Stargate quote:
              Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
              Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                What do you guys think the chances of finding trinium, naquadah and Neutronium in pegasus are? You know how thor explained in s3 that the asgard were developing a new alloy of carbon, naquadah and trinium and how it was implemented on The O'neill? I wonder what would happen if you introduced Neutronium into the mix? *Strokes his beard*
                Naquadah, Naquadria and Trinium are all fictional, but Neutronium is a theoretical material. It's produced in neutron stars, which are massive stars that aren't massive enough to crunch into a black hole.
                The forces that keep the electron away from the nucleus in an atom are overcome in the intense pressures of a neutron star, and the electon (-) and proton (+) combine, becoming a neutron. The entire star is composed of pretty much nothing but "neutronium".

However, the mass of neutronium is insanely high. If you had an amount, say the size of a ball in the tip of a ballpoint pen, it'd weigh the about as much as an aircraft carrier. If you had an amount the size of a sugar cube, it'd weigh about as much as all the cars on the planet Earth.
                Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
                  Naquadah, Naquadria and Trinium are all fictional, but Neutronium is a theoretical material. It's produced in neutron stars, which are massive stars that aren't massive enough to crunch into a black hole.
                  The forces that keep the electron away from the nucleus in an atom are overcome in the intense pressures of a neutron star, and the electon (-) and proton (+) combine, becoming a neutron. The entire star is composed of pretty much nothing but "neutronium".

However, the mass of neutronium is insanely high. If you had an amount, say the size of a ball in the tip of a ballpoint pen, it'd weigh the about as much as an aircraft carrier. If you had an amount the size of a sugar cube, it'd weigh about as much as all the cars on the planet Earth.
                  If you had a small amount, there wouldn't be enough gravity to hold the neutrons together, thus it will fall apart immediately, and the radiating neutrons will kill you almost instantly.
                  "Thermodynamics is the only physical theory of universal content which, within the framework of the applicability of its basic concepts, I am convinced will never be overthrown." — Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin

I never thought about it's mass like that. But that makes sense.
                    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                    The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                    I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                    A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                    That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                    Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                    Caboose: They could be worse?
                    Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by lethalfang
                      If you had a small amount, there wouldn't be enough gravity to hold the neutrons together, thus it will fall apart immediately, and the radiating neutrons will kill you almost instantly.
                      Well, I never said you could build ships out of it, just that it's a theoretical material.

There is alot of "exotic matter" that may or may not remain stable after you remove it from it's native environment. Take diamonds for example; you need tremendous pressures to make carbon atoms form into diamonds, but once they have, they remain stable. Neutronium, metallic hydrogen, even quark matter, might end up being the same. That chances aren't good, but there's a chance.
                      Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

the repository on Ernest's planet had a listing of all the elements the 4 Races knew about, chances are that they'd b all that exist.. we've only got 30 or so more to discover.. its unlikely that in the past 8 or 9 years of gate travel, or 2 years of intergalactic travel, that there will be that many discoveries. i.e. in the milkyway it took 50+ years to discover that many.

we'll probably find a handful of elements used by races in pegasus but i doubt we'll find that many new things

Comment

Technically it doesn't have to be use theoretical or just part of the SG Universe. Besides it would be cool to see an episode soley on what resources and elements in the Pegasus Universe.

I wonder what Atlantis is made out of? Naquada? or even a possibility of some new material that is even stronger than trinium.
                          Subspace Energy Technology Thread
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

Also the Orb Organism that was brought to the SGC a long time ago had two elements that were not on the periodic table.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Working...
                            X