• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flesh And Bone (108)

Visit the Episode GuideGALACTICA SEASON ONE
    FLESH AND BONE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 108

Kara is ordered to interrogate a Cylon prisoner, who claims that he has hidden a bomb on board the Galactica.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 25 April 2011, 05:27 PM.

Wow Im surprised no one has posted anything in here. Well I just wanted to say that this his one of my favorite eps. I leads us to know that Kara has some things that hides and more of her personal strugle she may have had with her parants. Even into season 2 they realy haven't touched up on past exceped for some early eps. but they need to come back to it and I think they will in "Scar".

Comment

Same here, I love Leoben and Starbuck's interaction with each other. When he said that the last time this all happened he might have been the interrogator and she could have been the prisoner, for some reason I believed him. I also like how she kind of grew attached to him.

Leoben can get in your head faster than anyone. I think he's by far the most dangerous Cylon model.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Seven
        Same here, I love Leoben and Starbuck's interaction with each other. When he said that the last time this all happened he might have been the interrogator and she could have been the prisoner, for some reason I believed him. I also like how she kind of grew attached to him.

Leoben can get in your head faster than anyone. I think he's by far the most dangerous Cylon model.
        I dunno look what Caprica sharon did to helo. Even though she fell in love with him, she still got into his head really fast.

Comment

I'm interested to see this ep turn up for discussion here. Of all the season one episodes, I found it the most powerful and disturbing -- so disturbing in fact that I skipped over it when I first went through my DVD. There were so many dark character revelations, so much resonance with current situations, so many moral issues, that I found myself deeply uncomfortable through the whole thing. I really have to applaud the Leoben performance. I think it's award-worthy in its complexity. The producers were fortunate to get Callum Keith Rennie to play this difficilt part. I was disappointed that RDM gave no commentary to this ep on the DVD, and I'm wondering why that was.

Margi C

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Seven

I agree...i like this ep...the whole thing with Starbuck and Leoben was very interesting...and how he arouses between them suspiciousness...

Comment

Hmmm, I think Roslin's actions at the end of this episode are quite disturbing. Apart from that, well, I find it a bit hard to believe that Starbuck is really the best person for the interrogation job, and that Adama doesn't even think of sending somebody to take over from her after she has been there for hours with no result. She seems to have done a lot in her career so far for somebody of her age, doesn't she? Top pilot, flight instructor, ace sniper and expert at interrogation too?
              Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

I didn't understand why Kara was so passionate to the cylon in the ending before he got sucked out of the airock.
                She was drowning him most of the way through the episode!!!!

'Adama's a cylon' my ass, that was just silly.
                I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

The surprising thing in this episode imo was that Baltar didnt report Boomer as a Cylon. It seems to me that he is just digging a deeper hole for himself. Wasnt too impressed with Roslin this ep either, as she allowed Leoben to influence her to easily, and didnt treat him as a cylon. Also i have no idea why she believed what he said about Adama...
                  Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                    I didn't understand why Kara was so passionate to the cylon in the ending before he got sucked out of the airock.
                    She was drowning him most of the way through the episode!!!!
                    and being military in they're situation you would of thought she wouldn't be squimish about what needed to be done to a cylon agent.

But good episode and definatly shows what an insidious threat the human model cylons are beyond any doubt.
                    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

I too could not accept that Kara would be an interrogator. She's a pilot for frack's sake! Her natural skills, training and experience would not qualify her for that role in any military organization. Even if she had received the required training, it is clear that her disposition is much too emotional for such a task. An interrogator needs to remain detached at all times. She was far too easy to manipulate.

The second unbelievable facet of this ep was that she was left alone to question an undeniably stronger opponent who could have killed her at any moment. In any real scenario, there would have been armed guards in the room ready to take down the subject at the first sign of trouble.

Comment

I too could not accept Kara as an interrogator. Her training, natural skills and emotional disposition do not in any way qualify her for that role.

Also, it was simply unbelievable that there she was left alone with the Cylon -- a robot with known superior physical attributes. Even if it had just been a man, the chances are good that he could have overpowered Kara. There should have been armed guards in there at all times.

Comment

the beginning of a wonderful journey,

kara's destiny
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

This is actually an episode that has gone down in my estimation but I still enjoy it.

Leoben is one of my favorite BSG characters, and he is reasonably highlighted here; his past life and Starbuck's mother monologues were particular high-points. However, the episode I think falters a bit at times, as with some unengaging discourse about purely theoretical Cylon emotional off-switches and a strange out of the blue compassion from Starbuck for Leoben.

Also, Sharon's (
                            Spoiler:
                            Athena's; that's the name I want to call her by, but can't yet
                            ) little sappy montage that tries to illustrate her emotional development wasn't very effective for me, and the overall stylistic bookending of this episode with Roslin's kamala hallucinations didn't make much sense; in the end the episode was in two words, above average.

6/10

P.S. Was I hallucinating, or did this episode only consist of 3 acts? If so, that's... bizarre.
                            Last edited by Ulkesh47; 07 November 2010, 09:01 PM.
                            sigpic
                            Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Margi C View Post
                              I was disappointed that RDM gave no commentary to this ep on the DVD, and I'm wondering why that was.

Margi C
                              as of season 1 he wasn't doing dedicated podcasts yet. i think he missed about 3 eps in season 1
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                              X