This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Piano Music Notes to Orlin/Sam music

Know that touching piano music they play? It's sounds like la lee la la, la lee la la la? *no jokes about my voice please* Are there any gateworld musician who could post the notes or maybe the people who work on the show? thanks. I'm learning piano and I like those notes.

Yeah, my dad is a musician and I would also love to get my hands on that sad music to see what he thinks.

Comment

Yeah, i like that. If I get time, i might try and work it out on Sibelius (music programme), but my 'ears' don't tend to be good enough to work out individual notes, and i would have no hope with the chords that happen later on in the piece. (i'm a musician too - play clarinet and bassoon ... but no piano, hence, lack of knowledge of chords)
      I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Try This ... it's not quite right, and it's probably not in the right key, but the rhythm is definitely right.

Sadly it's only the first two bars (which repeats in the second two bars). The first two bars are on one cord, droning, which is why i've been able to do them. After that, the cord changes are just too hard for me to hear.

Key Sig ... G Major

RH - $ 3/4 │: (B,C,B) triplet quavers, A crotchet, D crotchetB Dotted Minim :│
        LH - @ 3/4 │: G minim, G crotchetG minim, G crotchet :│

Phew. Trying to write music in a text editor is very tricky!!! Hope you understood.

Comment

I created a sheet in Sibilus 3.0 and if I wrote your notes correctly it's still somewhat different than your efforts but it was cool you tried though!

Comment

Originally posted by methuselah
            I created a sheet in Sibilus 3.0 and if I wrote your notes correctly it's still somewhat different than your efforts but it was cool you tried though!
            yeah ... no problem ... the rythmn was right though? If you fiddle around with those notes, you might crack it!

Sadly, i'm nowhere near perfect pitch ... in fact, until i started playing in bands and orchestras with the bassoon, i couldn't even tell if i was in tune. Sadly, bassoons are notoriously bad at staying in tune ... you have to adjust the lip pressure for virtually every note, so i've had to get a lot better. I'm still nowhere near good enough to be able to listen to something, and then write the notes. I can only approximate.

Here's a screenshot of what i posted earlier:

Comment

Yup, your screenshot is what I wrote. Cool work.

Comment

Ah well ... all i can suggest is that you fiddle with it, and see if you can get it right ... sort of trial and error.

Perhaps try and put it in different keys.

I wish i'd thought of the screenshot in my first post ... it'd have been so much easier!

Comment

whats actually is the name of the music is it on a particular soundtrack???

Comment

Fab! I could also try making my own version... but where it get more complicated could get interesting, lol! nah, no way would I have time.

Johnjb, Joel Goldsmith calls the theme "Ascension" and it's used for Orlin's theme the next time we meet him "fourth horseman" I think. Joel Goldsmith has it on his website: http://freeclyde.com/bytes/sg1/02/sg1_02.htm

Comment

Working...
                    X