Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My amazing (and basically totally improbable) Season 10 idea!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My amazing (and basically totally improbable) Season 10 idea!

Okay so after season 9's new baddies the ori, it seems SG1 has made a bit of a mistake, mainly making the Ori uber powerful, so powerful that when SG1 does eventually defeat them (in two years, while it took 8 for the system lords... this in itself shows how they wernt exactly prepared for season 9/10!!!) it will look stupid because they spent so much time showing how amazingly god like these ori are just to have them defeated by some quirk or simple weakness. This whole thing rings of Star Trek when they meet the borg... an enemy that could completly wipe humanity out but we still hold our own... usually by finding some new weakness every week, and contributed to by the stupidity of the enemy.

The only way I can see the ori being defeated and it NOT seeming anti-climax would be Milky Way acient intervention. Now the acients dont mess with mortal affairs but I see some great potential in this direction... for starters the Milky Way would need someone ascended to help them out, Oma is busy so who could it be? a new character... no need. Weve got two great ones to choose from, Ayiana could make a return and we all want Janet back right? well what better way than to say she ascended (by Ayiana's or Oma's help) and comes back to help her friends beat this new enemy?

My reasoning for these choices (and idea) goes like this. The acients agreed not to interfere with our existance, but dont really like the Ori converting / destroying their creations. So they allow Janet to ascend, and start to be more lax with the rules, just a bit so that Ayiana and Janet can interact with the mortals and help where they can. Eventually Ayiana and Janet persuade the acients to help and the ori are defeated in a cosmic battle of the ascended!!! Now Ayiana would want to help the mortals, specifically the Tau'ris because they tried to save her and she obviously showed care for them (she cured everyone at the antarctic post even though it brought her closer to death). She could have even become a pupil of Oma's.

This idea is still a WIP but I think it would be a cool way to end this ori story and maybe SG1 overall, the Galaxy free and earth can start really exploring whats out there!

You know, this would have been a better thread to merge my thread with.

Return of the Harcesis Child!!

Anyway, I had the idea of bringing Shifu back and fight Adria. However, this could span a couple of seasons if need be.

Comment

No this is my stand alone Idea, I think it deserves its own thread.

To go a little more into Janet's ascension, janet was a very good and selfless person right? So it stands to reason whatever Oma saw in Daniel would be seen in her. Ayiana would have remembered her for trying so hard to save her aswell, and she would have realised how important she could be in helping the tau'ris fight the Ori (based on Daniels attempts at helping to fight anubis). I think janet would make a very good ascended being.

Comment

I don't think bringing Janet back would be very likely. She's dead. She was the embodiment of the power of mortality on StarGate, she's not coming back.

Comment

Yes, you may be right. My idea is more possible. However, your idea is more sane than what they are talking about in the "Anti-S10" thread (Evil Daniel *rolleyes*)...

Janet didn't turn into a being of light that most people go through when they ascension. This is cannon and I'll be pissed if they go back and said she did ascend.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5
            Yes, you may be right. My idea is more possible. However, your idea is more sane than what they are talking about in the "Anti-S10" thread (Evil Daniel *rolleyes*)...

Janet didn't turn into a being of light that most people go through when they ascension. This is cannon and I'll be pissed if they go back and said she did ascend.
            Actually the darker Daniel was brought up in the Flesh and Bones thread and in some other threads over the last couple of months based on something I think Joe said in his thread. For the record I am against darkening any of the characters.

I am however all for bringing Janet back. But I dont know that they will go the acended route. Plus Ayiana didnt exactly go off into a ball of glowy light and if the other acients were really looking to help her out they may have unfrozen her a long time ago.

I'm not against the idea, I just think your title is correct, basically totally improbable. Of course if they were to have another ep with Janet and she were to die in that ep and then ascend or something.....
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
              Actually the darker Daniel was brought up in the Flesh and Bones thread and in some other threads over the last couple of months based on something I think Joe said in his thread. For the record I am against darkening any of the characters.
              I wouldn't be against Dark Daniel, because we did have an episode where Teal'c went all evil on us. He was brain-washed and was back to normal the next episode. I mean, Atlantis has been doing a great job with the Dark Ford storyline.

If they do it right, I would like to see Dark Daniel.

Comment

We did Dark Daniel before. I think it was... "Legacy?" With the Goa-uld killers made by Machello, that made him go crazy?

Comment

Didn't we see a bit of Dark Daniel in Absolute Power? That was a little too dark...he was sadistic. Crazy. A total loon. Awesome, but completly nuts.
                  TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
                    We did Dark Daniel before. I think it was... "Legacy?" With the Goa-uld killers made by Machello, that made him go crazy?
                    Or how about "Need" and "Absolute Power"? "Legacy" wasn't him going Dark, but just mental.

Comment

Im thinking of doing a little fanfic with this Idea... gotta start setting out a plausible storyline...

As for the "she diddnt turn into a glowy ball!!!!!!" Okay... so we diddnt see any super glowy light, but thats okay.
                      Spoiler:
                      Think about threads when daniel is physically dead but hes in the cafe, presented with the choice of ascencion, nothing says you have to turn into a glowy ball to go to the cafe. Perhaps Oma did so with Ayiana and she in turn did it with Janet, Daniel spent days in the Cafe
                      , so that would work for Ayiana and Janet as they would have been buried by then, and therefore no one to see the glowy light.

I like this Idea because it offers a quick and fitting resolution to the Ori problem, id love for SG1 to continue another 6 years so they could fight the Ori, but it just isnt going to happen. This is one idea that could involve severall characters from previous seasons, provide meaningful acient / mortal interaction, be a fitting end to the ori threat and even set up the tau'ris as the fifth race.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5
                        I wouldn't be against Dark Daniel, because we did have an episode where Teal'c went all evil on us. He was brain-washed and was back to normal the next episode. I mean, Atlantis has been doing a great job with the Dark Ford storyline.

If they do it right, I would like to see Dark Daniel.
                        Oh, I agree with that, I am not against an ep or two.. I really, really liked ABSOLUTE POWER. However, I also like Daniel as he is, a hero. I would prefer his character remain true to the established form and not change just to please the "isnt it cool to be dark" type attitude.

EDIT: Oops got offtopic.
                        Originally posted by AKnightWhoSaysNi
                        Im thinking of doing a little fanfic with this Idea... gotta start setting out a plausible storyline...

As for the "she diddnt turn into a glowy ball!!!!!!" Okay... so we diddnt see any super glowy light, but thats okay.
                        Spoiler:
                        Think about threads when daniel is physically dead but hes in the cafe, presented with the choice of ascencion, nothing says you have to turn into a glowy ball to go to the cafe. Perhaps Oma did so with Ayiana and she in turn did it with Janet, Daniel spent days in the Cafe
                        , so that would work for Ayiana and Janet as they would have been buried by then, and therefore no one to see the glowy light.

I like this Idea because it offers a quick and fitting resolution to the Ori problem, id love for SG1 to continue another 6 years so they could fight the Ori, but it just isnt going to happen. This is one idea that could involve severall characters from previous seasons, provide meaningful acient / mortal interaction, be a fitting end to the ori threat and even set up the tau'ris as the fifth race.
                        I agree I would like to see a quick and fitting resolution to the Ori problem and I would love to see Janet back. But if the ancients really wanted to save Ayiana, why leave her frozen to begin with... just so humanity could find her... or maybe she didnt want to ascend?
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

what if she was forgotten? presumed dead? alot of acients died from the plague so it stands to reason a few million years of not knowing where she was could put her on the KIA list...

Comment

I think all the ideas here can be consider "Amazing (and basically totally improbable) Season Ten Ideas" and from what I understand, we are all pulling this stuff out of nowhere. Maybe the "Dark Daniel" comes from a comment made off-handed by TPTB, but you get the idea.

Anyway, I have heard very little on my my idea of the return of Shifu into the Ori/Adria storyline.

Comment

Mine must be more popular J/K!!!

I dont like to think this is "pulled out of nowhere"... although thats not to far from the truth. Ayiana and Janet were both deserving of ascencion, and the ori problem is too great to end quickly without "divine intervention", so my ideas kinda clink into place. Its actually how I thought of this Idea, one thing led to another which led to another untill I came up with a reasonable sounding train of thought. Ill admit there are some pretty big gaps in the idea... but im working on it

Comment

Working...
                              X