Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russ Appreciated Tuvok As Role Model

http://www.starbase972.com/modules.p...owpage&pid=284

We are proud to bring a short interview we had with Mr. Tim Russ, who portrayed Voyager's Tuvok, and appeared on TNG, DS9 and Generations as well.

Starbase 972 is grateful to Mr. Tim Russ for his time, and to Angela Russ for her help.

Starbase972: Shalom Tim Russ, we're proud to have you with us!
    Your colleague and friend Ethan Philips said about you “In some ways, I think, he has the most difficult role on the show because he has such a small band width within which he has to work all the time.” Actors are used to express themselves when their character shows emotions. Even actors who wear masks can do it. You didn’t wear a mask but your character had a serious limitation - it couldn’t express feelings at all. Did it really bother you or did you find other ways to express yourself?

Tim: It did get a little monotonous after the 4 year mark, doing a lot of the same type of dialogue on the bridge for example, and it was not as exciting as an actor no, because you study acting for years to be able to portray emotions... But, by the same token opposite of the "human" characters was also at times fun.
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

I always liked his character on the show, and I felt Russ did an excellent job of portraying him.

Comment

ooooh no, Russ was by far the worst Vulcan ever.

Voyager rocks though ^_^
      err, whoooooo?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesM
        ooooh no, Russ was by far the worst Vulcan ever.

Voyager rocks though ^_^
        Why do you say that?

Comment

Because I can?

Seriously though, Russ' portrail of a Vulcan just didn't sit well with me.. it was almost as though he was piss taking everything Spock had built up. Russ was ok in other roles in ST, but Tuvok was terrible imvho.
          err, whoooooo?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesM
            Because I can?

Seriously though, Russ' portrail of a Vulcan just didn't sit well with me.. it was almost as though he was piss taking everything Spock had built up. Russ was ok in other roles in ST, but Tuvok was terrible imvho.
            Really? I'm not exactly sure what piss taking means. Does it mean we was too similar to Spock? If that's the case all Vulcans were similar to Spock then imo. I never cared for the Kristi Alley vulcan. I liked Tuvok, the irritation he should with Neelix. To each his own I guess.

Comment

I don't mean to be mean here... But have you see the guys other work? I don't know how to say this nicely so I'll just say it, he's a bad actor. A vulcan might be a boring role if you do it for 7 years, but it's an easy one, and I'm sorry to say probably the only one he can do beleivably.

Comment

Originally posted by Beal
                I don't mean to be mean here... But have you see the guys other work? I don't know how to say this nicely so I'll just say it, he's a bad actor. A vulcan might be a boring role if you do it for 7 years, but it's an easy one, and I'm sorry to say probably the only one he can do beleivably.
                No, I have not seen his other work. I am just referring to his role on Voyager.
                I have heard his music and didn't think it was bad at all.

Comment

Working...
                X