Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the computer display corruption in Atlantis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why the computer display corruption in Atlantis?

Im sure you all noticed that the images on the atlantis displays seem to have a kind of corruption and random text moving about and flashing but why is this?

Screensaver
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Lol is that for a fact?

Im sure when its in use it shouldn't have it though, one idea is that maybe its just so old that theres display corruption and they need some new graphics cards from nvidia or ati maybe...

Comment

I like it. It looks cool.

Best Stargate quote:
        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
        Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
          I like it. It looks cool.
          i think it is for looks too, maybe a screensaver. But if you decipher the text being shown it usually has some meaning to it.

Comment

Maybe it's just something like the code rain in the Matrix.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177
              Maybe it's just something like the code rain in the Matrix.
              Yup its Atlantian raw data (Peter DeLuise said so on the DVD) - theres too much information to be displayed properly in a normal format

It's like in Reckoning when they saw one of those streaming screens - Jacob was able to read it
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
                Yup its Atlantian raw data (Peter DeLuise said so on the DVD) - theres too much information to be displayed properly in a normal format
                People have been deciphering it in another thread (about the Ancient alphabet). It's actually a poem or lyrics or something like that. But if Atlantis was real it probably would be raw data...
                S.T.A.K.S. if you think kirking stinks...

Jackson: Earth minutes?
                Mitchell: Yeah, I've always wanted to say that.
                Vala: Well, now you have.

Image hosted by RandomImage.net

Member of Ben Hiney Club, Happy Trails Club and The Amazing Arm Appreciation Association Dex's Devil

Comment

Originally posted by Magneto
                  Im sure you all noticed that the images on the atlantis displays seem to have a kind of corruption and random text moving about and flashing but why is this?
                  Aren't those the screens connected to the ancient database? Remember that alot of the systems probably aren't compatible to the anicent systems yet. The other possbility is the format of the data is different. Like real-life computers, certain programs can open file formats that are different then files they are meant to open. Those incompatible file formats sometimes open, but show up as gibberish or strange text. That may be the same deal with soe of the screens at Atlantis. If the data is corrupted, then more then likely, you would get an error message, and all processing would stop until the error message is acknowledged (you wouldn't see the screen flashing weird gibberish, or what-have-you).

Comment

Working...
                  X