How Has Trek Impacted Your Life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Has Trek Impacted Your Life?

Well it made me go to college and get the job I have now. If not for trek I might be a burger jockey. It made me want to improve life so someday we would live in the utopia shown in Star Trek.

Originally posted by Captain Davis
    Well it made me go to college and get the job I have now. If not for trek I might be a burger jockey. It made me want to improve life so someday we would live in the utopia shown in Star Trek.
    Good for you! Can I ask, what career?

Comment

Yes good for you - best of luck
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Star Trek got me into Sci-Fi.

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

Star Trek (TNG in paticular) re-newed my interest in sci-fi. I can remember friends of mine that had no interest in scifi what so ever really getting into TNG and having weekly discussions amongst each other about the weekly episodes. The good ole days!

Comment

while i liked Sci-Fi as a genre previously, getting into Star Trek really introduced me to a whole new level of the genre.
            It's responsible for a good portion of my values, and lifestyles - in a sense. I'm not saying I walk around with spock ears on and a starfleet uniform on. But I feel like alot of what they have as a culture we should too.
            and it definitely opened the door for me liking other shows and movies, like stargate, or firefly.

also, it has impacted my wallet.

Comment

I've watched Trek since I was a little kid (early 70s) because my mom had the hots for William Shatner and watched all the re-runs over and over again. It is still a major bonding point between my mom and myself since I'm her only kid who likes sci-fi. I think most of my friends also think there is something wrong with me because I know a little too much about it.

Comment

It's made a big dent in my bank balance!!!!!

But it also gave me my passion for astronomy
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Callista
                  I think most of my friends also think there is something wrong with me because I know a little too much about it.
                  We may be obsessed but we are better for it
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

ST:Voyager was the scifi series that got me into Trek and eventually scifi in general. I like to learn more about science when I can, before, I would always shy away from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Callista
                      I've watched Trek since I was a little kid (early 70s) because my mom had the hots for William Shatner and watched all the re-runs over and over again. It is still a major bonding point between my mom and myself since I'm her only kid who likes sci-fi. I think most of my friends also think there is something wrong with me because I know a little too much about it.
                      You and your mom must watch Boston Legal. I work in the Air Force. I might retire in a few years because I have been getting job offers and the pay is much better.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBaron
                        Star Trek got me into Sci-Fi.
                        It got me into SciFi too, I started watching it in '94 when TNG was ending it's 7-season run.
                        sigpic

Comment

How has Star Trek impacted my life? Hmm, let me see, Oh yeah, check out my user name, that's how Star Trek has impacted my life.
                          Captain James T. Kirk
                          USS ENTERPRISE NCC 1701-A

Comment

Originally posted by Captain James T. Kirk
                            How has Star Trek impacted my life? Hmm, let me see, Oh yeah, check out my user name, that's how Star Trek has impacted my life.
                            Well make sure Trek doesn't take your life over. You do want to have kids some day.

Comment

like someone said on star trek, i like to judge people by what they do not what they look like or say.
                              i watched star trek when i was little (70s) and i have always liked it. star trek has helped me overcome grief when my nan died and i try to live by the trek rules.
                              SAM & JACK 4EVER!!

Comment

Working...
                              X