This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closing the Iris

I have seasons 1-4 and 8 and I cannot seem to find the episode were the replaced the iris opener from a computer command to a hand analyzer...thing... Anyway, if anyone out there knows what episode it is I will be very grateful. So far questions at Gateworld haven't been the most pleasent of experiences for me. Please help me out.

It happened in show and tell, it was in stalled to stop Re'tu spies from opening the irus because they dont have hands.
    Whats wrong with asking questions

Comment

Well nothing is wrong with asking questions. It's all I seem to do on the forum here but I usually don't get an answer or the admin take my post off. It's frustarating to find a place where your question is properly done. As for the people, I've waited days for some replys on my questions and still haven't gotten answer. Thank you very much for answering my question though.

Comment

No problem i'll see if i can help you with any your other ones

Comment

They changed it in the episode show and tell with the retu, and th little bald kid.

Comment

Originally posted by SJ_Shipper
            Well nothing is wrong with asking questions. It's all I seem to do on the forum here but I usually don't get an answer or the admin take my post off. It's frustarating to find a place where your question is properly done. As for the people, I've waited days for some replys on my questions and still haven't gotten answer. Thank you very much for answering my question though.
            That's a great shame, and i hope it hasn't put you off coming here.

I suppose as Gateworld is so big, it's easy for threads or questions to get ignored / lost in a flurry of other posts.

As for the admins (mods)... they don't normally delete posts unless they've broken forum rules. What they way have done however is moved threads you've started to other folders, if they thought they were in the wrong folder. That may have caused you to lose them. To find them again, click on your name at the top of one of your posts, click on 'view public profile' and then click again on 'all threads started by SJ_Shipper.' to find your threads, or, 'all posts by SJ_Shipper'. Hopefully that'll help you find them

As for your question ... i don't actually know ... trust Deano's answer!
            I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Deano is correct about it being Show and Tell (season 2)

it was installed to stop people from overriding the command to open or close the gate. the hand print means that not only humans, but also SGC authorised personnel have the ability to control the Iris. Carter comes up with the idea after learning that a Re'tu was able to control the Iris by using a keyboard.

sigpic

Comment

"Show and Tell" was a good ep. I think I must watch it later.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

we actually delete very few posts. if one seems to vanish, usually what happens is that it was posted in the 'wrong' part of the forum and we move it somewhere where it fits better. or maybe it is very similar to an existing thread and it gets merged into that existing thread

If you ever have a question about where a thread has gone, just grab a mod and ask them. if they don't know, they can ask the other mods and find out

and yeah, the others are right. the iris is controlled by a palm scanner as of Show and Tell.

theoretically it reads a person's palm print and if they'er not authorized to be playing with the iris, then it won't let them
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Its the episode with the Re'tu. Its in season 3 or 4 I think.
                    I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

Actually "Show and Tell" With the Re'tu/Retou is in Season 2
                      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Working...
                      X