Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The puddle jumper MK 2 or just inplausable?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The puddle jumper MK 2 or just inplausable?

without gassing on about how such a ship could appear in SG1 or SGA, i had an idea for a puddlejumper MK 2,

basicly instead of the puddle jumper or the pilot having to locate a gate in orbit or on a planet is it all possible to have a PJ that can create its own wormhole, i know this sounds much like the idea of hyperdrive but the process of transportation would be just like the gate, basicly this would mean that the ship would be a gate and a ship all in one, of course the correct position would need to apply much like the gate for the symbols to work, but the gate is at present needed to instantly travel across space but in instances where a gate is lost, stolen or damaged the PJ MK2 could use the same updates that the gates use each time it opens a wormhole to another gate or to another planet in orbit where a gate is already present, we know earth had 2 gates but the same priciple would apply in that only one wormhole can be established to a planet.

what do you think, i just had this idea maybe it has come up before but it would make sense if the ancients created such a vessle as they did create the gate system to get around without the use of an actual gate there why keep your eye out for one when you can take it with you?
    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Thats a good idea and good thinkin but I dont know if that would work becaus eif you remember in one of the early seasons where there was a gate on Apophis' mothership, they could not dial when the ship was moving, so Im not sure on that but thats the kind of thinking that makes advancements in technology, if only the Ancients thought like you did

Comment

it wuld have to connect to a stargate at its destination but still a good idea unless the enemy culd get ahold of the tech...VERRRY BAD
      tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
      yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
      Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

What would the point of origin be? I don't think it would work because the gate's dialing system is based on having a point of origin, without one (and in the middle of space there would be none) you would not be able to open a wormhole.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
          basicly instead of the puddle jumper or the pilot having to locate a gate in orbit or on a planet is it all possible to have a PJ that can create its own wormhole
          I've seen that show...it's called "Earth: Final Conflict."
          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
            I've seen that show...it's called "Earth: Final Conflict."
            i haven't????

the ship could just take the place of the gate already present, or and this is what they may have done when they spread the gates around the galaxy with the updates used by gates for stellar drift the ancients i mean, the ship may be able to send this signal through the gate system and basicly where a gate is not present on a planet the ships computer could update the network and make the ship act as a new gate much like the ancients would have done to place all of the gates all over, basicly this would mean that each time the ship did this the planet it happened on would effectivly be part of the gate network by having its own symbols that are changed on this ship and act as a gate point for the ship if the crew needed to escape to the location or any other ship wanted to go there, of course it would have to be that no other actual stargate could dial it but the ship could acting as a sort of makeshift point of origin for these new ships.

could this be the future of the stargate????????
            For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Originally posted by RA the sun god
              it wuld have to connect to a stargate at its destination but still a good idea unless the enemy culd get ahold of the tech...VERRRY BAD
              of course the ship could dial other gates or as i have posted above gate points where these ships emerege in space, i suppose another gate could actually dial these points in space for ships if they have been upadted ( like the virus from "avenger 2.0 but a special version that expands the gate network to include planet not previously in the network).

Comment

It could work but the ring of the gate contains the wormhole making it stable, for the puddlejumper to go through it would have to leave behind the gate
                sigpic

Comment

Since the receiving gate doesn't receive the information about the object until it's been fully dematerialized, the ship (and its wormhole generator) would be dematerialized before the ship information was transmitted to the destination gate.
                  "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
                    It could work but the ring of the gate contains the wormhole making it stable, for the puddlejumper to go through it would have to leave behind the gate
                    that would be a problem, that and the power neccassary. It would take alot of power for a PJ to open a wormhole where ever it wants..

Comment

I always believed that the Stargate itself is neccessary to keep the wormhole in a fixed position, as the planet is always rotating on its axis and revolving around the sun, never staying in a fixed position in space on its own. This fact explains my premise for my fan fiction crossover story.

You know, I was thinking about doing something like this in my stories. Based on the tech that the characters provide from the other series, the SGC created a prototype for a one-shot emergency wormhole with only one preset destination to a Stargate, and a limited lifespan, that can be opened anywhere. (Where, mostly anywhere, some restrictions apply). I may only devote one story in the series to this and deem it as a failure, because I don't want all stories to end like "oh we can escape our captors with our emergency pocket stargate.. yea!" That would get old quick.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                      X