Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stewart Still Wanted Back on the Enterprise

i got this from IMDB

Hollywood bosses are still trying to entice Star Trek actor Patrick Stewart to return to the Starship Enterprise - but he fears he will be too old by the time they come up with the goods.

The 65-year-old star, who played Captain Jean-Luc Picard in the television series and later movies, insists the offers would be tempting, if only he were a little younger. He says, "Weighty people in Hollywood have come up with a very interesting proposition. But they told me it was still two, three or four years down the road, by which time I would only be able to sit in the captain's chair and not have the energy to get out of it!"
    well if it means getting Stewart back they should hurry the hell up if he is worried about age being a problem.

sigpic

I'd rather have someone else this time around. I'd prefer Janeway, because we've had two males already and because she was awsome But I'll take Sisko too if I have to. It's just that there are so many Trek movies but only two captains and it's always the Enterprise. Now, I love the Enterprise and all, it's the ship that made Trek but I want to see it branch out... do something else with Trek, with new people...
    May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
      I'd rather have someone else this time around. I'd prefer Janeway, because we've had two males already and because she was awsome But I'll take Sisko too if I have to. It's just that there are so many Trek movies but only two captains and it's always the Enterprise. Now, I love the Enterprise and all, it's the ship that made Trek but I want to see it branch out... do something else with Trek, with new people...
      I wan't a movie with Janeway, Seven of Nine etc. And Stewart is too old, sad but true. Even in First contact you could see that he was getting too old. But he was brilliant in each movie.

Time for Janeway to have her own movie. She is a great captain.

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing a movie with Janeway if they came up with a good story.

Comment

Janeways great and all but she's far too predictable and just not overly interesting. She talks far too much about principles and if it's more of that same moral discussion from her then it'll be a snooze. Put her in a position where she has to do something completely contridictory to what she believes, and that could be interesting as long as she didn't get all preachy over it. There were way too many scenes in her ready room with those sorts of discussions in the series and always basically the same. I would like to see a woman captain featured in a movie though- perhaps on a ship that teams up with Picard because I'd definatly like to see him again. And fit the EMH into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
            Janeways great and all but she's far too predictable and just not overly interesting. She talks far too much about principles and if it's more of that same moral discussion from her then it'll be a snooze. Put her in a position where she has to do something completely contridictory to what she believes, and that could be interesting as long as she didn't get all preachy over it. There were way too many scenes in her ready room with those sorts of discussions in the series and always basically the same. I would like to see a woman captain featured in a movie though- perhaps on a ship that teams up with Picard because I'd definatly like to see him again. And fit the EMH into it.
            Hmm... how is Janeway anymore predictable then Picard? They are starfleet officers and have rules to follow. But Janeway does many unpredictable things, f.x. alliance with the borg. Take Seven of Nine from the borg collective etc. In TNG Troy is always "preacy" about everything, and Picard always telling his crew that they are explorers and have a duty to explore and bla bla bla but so does Janeway.

And if there's gonna be a new movie, there's only one character I would miss from TNG, and that's Data.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBaron
              Hmm... how is Janeway anymore predictable then Picard? They are starfleet officers and have rules to follow. But Janeway does many unpredictable things, f.x. alliance with the borg. Take Seven of Nine from the borg collective etc. In TNG Troy is always "preacy" about everything, and Picard always telling his crew that they are explorers and have a duty to explore and bla bla bla but so does Janeway.

And if there's gonna be a new movie, there's only one character I would miss from TNG, and that's Data.
              I was going to post a response very similar to yours. Picard seemed too much like a goody goody to me. For the reasons stated above I think Janeway was much more of a rule breaker.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                I was going to post a response very similar to yours. Picard seemed too much like a goody goody to me. For the reasons stated above I think Janeway was much more of a rule breaker.
                Yes, especially after season 1 I think Janeway became more flexible.

Comment

A movie without Data will suck probably
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                    A movie without Data will suck probably
                    But Seven of Nine could make up for it.

Comment

My only request would be if the next movie is set after Nemesis, promote Picard to Admiral, the poor chap, and give him a cameo, a la Janeway in Nemesis (or even a more major part that's not part of the main cast of the movie). As for who's in it? I'd prefer Sisko to Janeway, as, although it's been a while since DS9 finished, they could do something interesting with Sisko returning from the prophets. They could also have the Enterprise-E docking to get Worf back with the DS9 crew, plus cameo's from Geordie etc ... perhaps as the new captain?
                      I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                        Yes, especially after season 1 I think Janeway became more flexible.
                        I just finished watching season one again, so that might influence my opinion a bit, but seriously, I could never see Janeway doing any rule-breaking that is believable, and try as I might, I can't find her in the least bit interesting. Picard on the other hand, he's got more emotional upheaval and all-round he is a far better character than Janeway. He's far more interesting, especially in movies, and frankly a Janeway movie would bomb worse then Nemesis and prove the sceptics right- it will never happen, a Janeway movie would never draw an audience- a movie with a whole new cast would work better then one on the Voyager cast. She can be all right in a one hour episode but in a two hour major movie, the character would never be able to carry it. Although she's been the one stuck in the delta quadrant, she has far less at stake emotionally, then Picard. Picard can go over the edge (like the holodeck scene in FC) and we believe it, Janeway can't in a believable way- there was a scene in I think it was "Equinox" where she tried to suffocate a guy, it was so ridiculous for her character- there was a chance it could have worked, but Mulgrew didn't pull it off.

Comment

In TNG Troy is always "preacy" about everything.
                          Never in the same way as Janeway or to the same extremes. I don't recall Troy ever saying "We have to hold to our principles," every second time she had an appointment or discussion.

Comment

You can't have a TNG movie without data, it just wouldn't work :-(

Why'd they have to kill him off anyways? I still get tears in my eyes when i think about it

Comment

Originally posted by Beal
                              You can't have a TNG movie without data, it just wouldn't work :-(

Why'd they have to kill him off anyways? I still get tears in my eyes when i think about it
                              Supposedly sacrificing himself made him as human as he ever could be - well stuff you is what I say to that explanation
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

Working...
                              X