No announcement yet.

Ethon (915)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey what do you guys think the repercussions were back on earth for losing Prometheus cause I'm sure the IOA along with the pentagon were at each other's throats about who should be held responsible for the loss of the Prometheus and the 39 crew members who were killed in the attack. (Col. Pendergast included)

Comment

This was a great episode. Easily one of the Top 3 episodes of Season 9.

It's sad Prometheus got destroyed, it was a cool ship, one of it's own. Her Captain when down with her, heroically.

Joel's score during the destruction scene was just beautiful.

Monday, Ba'al steals Stargates.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
        It's sad Prometheus got destroyed, it was a cool ship, one of it's own. Her Captain when down with her, heroically.
        Agreed, I hate watching that bit. Like I wrote in my LJ, she's almost like another member of the SGC...

My LiveJournal post
        "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
        "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
        "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
        "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
        >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Watching this episode only annoys me again at the senseless waste of the Prometheus, which is my favourite Stargate ship after Destiny, for a bunch of no good ungrateful *&$%#** who blew themselves up anyway!!!!

This is why it was one episode I didn't really want to watch again.

...but it is the episode with the wonderful Daniel line.......

KANE: Do you ever give up?

DANIEL: Not until I'm dead...........And sometimes not even then.
          Last edited by Krisz; 20 April 2012, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Very sad episode...but full of some great Daniel interaction, both with Kane and then with Cam at the end...both Ben and Michael conveyed the utter hopelessness of the situation so well in that final minute...

Sad to see the Prommie go....personally I've always thought our earth ships were so damn ugly, but I like Col. P. and it was very noble of him to go with the ship...

On a side note, which is less dour, I did keep expecting Ernie Hudson to pop up saying "Who ya gonna call?" and waving a home-made Ghostbusting proton pack!..

Deeds xx
            sigpic
            Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
            MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

That one of my favorite episodes just in the saddness of what happened to Pendergast and the Promethus. I felt like really punching Nadal when he destroyed the Promethus. I felt like their was a real sense of emotion of watching the Promethus crew scrambling and Pendergast sacrificing his own life at the end to give his own crew time to escape to Caledonia. The solution to the Ori satelite was a creative one to me. Using an EM pulse seems low brow compared to the technobabble in Stargate but since the concept actually existed I liked using it in disabling the satelite. The Daniel arguing got old fast and overdone. It also seemed naive. I think by now he should know the Rand Protecterate wouldn't act peacefully in thier fight with Caledonia.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

This ep was so much better than it's first part The English Patient 'Icon'. Not nearly as slow. I was sad to see the Prommie go. The scene where Teal'c and Sam met up after she beamed off at the last instant was touching.
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

IMO, this episode was definitely one of Season 9's best.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Yep.
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Poor Prometheus the only unique earth ship. The rest being clones of Daedalus. Of all things for it to be destroyed by it had to be a satellite

The leader of Rand was a fool. So glad he was shot. But in the end it was all for nothing as they still destroyed each other.

It's hard to stomach watching such a sad ending.
                      sigpic

Comment

So...

1. Didn't think I'd ever see that bunch again.

2. The Tau'ri get caught offguard...and the Prommie gets toasted.

3. Cut Mitchell some slack here - this potentially could have been a very big win for the Ori.

4. The beer...well I had to do a double take on that but if they're off duty presumably meh.
                        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post
                          The leader of Rand was a fool. So glad he was shot. But in the end it was all for nothing as they still destroyed each other.
                          I did like the ep, as it showed us what might happen if earth went public with the program....

Comment

Interesting episode. I didn't like how the Prometheus was destroyed but the effects were cool. The people end of killing themselves anyway so the ship was lost for nothing. I guess that was one of the points of the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by SG-1ssm View Post
                              The Promethius is being torn to shreads...I really hope it surivives. If it doesn't, I think SG-1 will get beamed down to the planet first. That do you guys think?

BTW: I think this is a great episode.
                              Rough day... rough season, actually. I don't think SG1 has completely won a single time without Jack.

Comment

I made the mistake to watch this episode again and now I'm astronomically pissed because these stupid people destroyed Prometheus and killed Col. Pendergast.
                                sigpic
                                Thank you Britta for this lovely picture.

Comment

Working...
                                X