Allies (220)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    They were probabily expecting a double cross, but not so soon..
    Well Teylah did try to tell them "they are Wraith".

Comment

i love this episode
      sigpic

Comment

I found the episode very enjoyable.
        What I liked most was the attitude of the wraith queen while she was on Atlantis - to me, she seemed to carry herself like she was expecting to be in command of it shortly. Just her bearing gave it away. The scientist was pretty amusing too, going from playing the tour guide on the Hive (and nearly getting killed by Ronon for showing Rodney down a corridor) to tolerating what he thought seemed to be the simple suggestions of Carson and Zelenka.

The cliffhanger was, in my opinon, good. I'd certainly rewatch it at the drop of a hat.

Comment

great ep enjoyable and one i'll watch again
          sigpic

Comment

A good episode, but I don't feel it was as strong as the 1st season finale.

Sigs by the lovely CSOM, Sonja and from the Tokrafans community on LJ.

Comment

wait a minute. were those two hives allied from the beginning? they fired on each other and one almost got killed...thats a pretty good act...
              R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Unlikely - better odds are that they'd lost patience with Atlantis for some reason.
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by IV View Post
                  I found the episode very enjoyable.
                  What I liked most was the attitude of the wraith queen while she was on Atlantis - to me, she seemed to carry herself like she was expecting to be in command of it shortly. Just her bearing gave it away. The scientist was pretty amusing too, going from playing the tour guide on the Hive (and nearly getting killed by Ronon for showing Rodney down a corridor) to tolerating what he thought seemed to be the simple suggestions of Carson and Zelenka.

The cliffhanger was, in my opinon, good. I'd certainly rewatch it at the drop of a hat.
                  I agree, those are some of the best moments.
                  sigpic

Comment

Cool episode, and while I expected a double cross from the Wraith, I didn't expect it quite this soon.
                    sigpic

Comment

That was an interesting episode. I liked to gain more insight into wraith behaviour. Althoug I found the queen to much humanized. But unfortunately it was predictable. It seems the writers aren't capable of showing wraith beyond evil, not everything is black and white.

Well, I had some thoughts about this episode:

1. One major flaw: Shouldn't the queen also get the retrovirus by feeding. It happened with Elia and Sheppard. And you can't prevent that as it is a VIRUS. It is designed to spread and it will.

2. The Deadalus has the two wraith ships on scanner, but the wraith ships can't see them. Come on, how bad is the wraith tech gonna be until it gets ridiculous.

3. When the Deadalus helps the wraith ship, Caldwell says that they can't take that for long (as it should be). But afterwards when fighting against both ships, the Deadalus suddenly can take much more.

4. I don't think they have told Rodney the truth about maintaining the fleet by Keepers. They are wraith, that's their technology, they live on this ship, sure they have enough knowledge to maintain it. They just said that so they could use Rodney
                      Spoiler:
                      to modify their hyperdrive.

5. Also Rodney being able to find a way to deploy the retrovirus. Again, they are wraith that's their technology. They should have a far more better grasp than Rodney ever will have. I think they justed wanted their help in deploying the retrovirus so Rodney could ask for wraith schematics. Which they send along with the computer virus. I believe that the tech stuff they sent was not 100% real.
                      Rodney's superiority in any kind of tech (alien or not) also annoys me with the ancient tech stuff. How should Rodney be better in that than the ancients. He stated clearly in Rising "This technology is so far beyond us, I haven't a clue what we're dealing with." So keep real. Trinity was a good episode for that.

SHEPPARD: ... Anyway -- once we get in range, we can beam the canister into the CO2 chamber and boom! One hive ship de-Wraithified.
                      I just love that part.
                      Last edited by Skie; 22 March 2011, 06:31 AM.
                      Blue is such a nice color, especially if you have wings.

Comment

Why did they let the Wraith information on the computer network, I mean with all the problems the Wraith have caused is it really wise to make yourself that vulnerable? Why did they think they could be sure it didn't have any malicious code!! They could have still analyzed it without the risk exposure. ARRGGH!
                        At the moment it is Phobos (though time is limited; it is suppose to crash into Mars in the next 100 million years )

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzah View Post
                          Why did they let the Wraith information on the computer network, I mean with all the problems the Wraith have caused is it really wise to make yourself that vulnerable? Why did they think they could be sure it didn't have any malicious code!! They could have still analyzed it without the risk exposure. ARRGGH!
                          That's the point. The Wraith data was on a secured network and seemed clean, but because they needed more people to go through all the data, they spread the files among their unsecured systems. They probably expected it to be clean since nothing happened on the secure systems.

For me it helped the realism of the episode, as I hate the idea that they (the expedition, especially McKay) know everything and this getting past them was a nice sign to show they don't know that much about Wraith computer code as they thought.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                            That's the point. The Wraith data was on a secured network and seemed clean, but because they needed more people to go through all the data, they spread the files among their unsecured systems. They probably expected it to be clean since nothing happened on the secure systems.

For me it helped the realism of the episode, as I hate the idea that they (the expedition, especially McKay) know everything and this getting past them was a nice sign to show they don't know that much about Wraith computer code as they thought.
                            I know what you mean, MacKay does seem to be able to understand anything that comes his way and it is more realistic to see them get burned once in a while.
                            At the moment it is Phobos (though time is limited; it is suppose to crash into Mars in the next 100 million years )

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzah View Post
                              I know what you mean, MacKay does seem to be able to understand anything that comes his way and it is more realistic to see them get burned once in a while.
                              Not only understand but also being better at it. That sure annoys me!

I just re-watched some scenes of this episode and and Weir saying this made me lol:

WEIR: And what about all the other humans on the other worlds? Any chance you'll stop feeding on them?

A pity the TPTB didn't explore the irony of this more by letting the Queen ask in return "any chance that you stop eating food and voluntarily starve yourself to death?" Be realistic people! Weir is supposed to be a smart diplomat and shouldn't ask such stupid questions unless it is meant ironically.
                              Blue is such a nice color, especially if you have wings.

Comment

I agree Skie. It seemed a little presumptious to me as well! It's not like the Wraith can change who they are anymore than Weir can.
                                Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Working...
                                X