Allies (220)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so they didnt get the hyperdrive tech?
    no wonder joe didnt answer my question...

Comment

I knew it. We can never trust the wraith, the gould(especially baal), and the Ori(definately) *angry* Didn't the Altantean Expedition Team learn that no one can really be trusted from the Genii? Stupid Smart people.
      Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Did they have the Orion at Atlantis?

Comment

My Mini Summery - Allies....

In the beginning your friend and mine (aka smarmy dude - aka Mckay) was on a ship ... an Ancient ship. Called ... the Orion. He was giving an overview of what the repair status was to Colonel Caldwell and bragging that it was "amazing" that they had gotten it this far in only 3 weeks.

Orion currently has functioning hyperdrives, life support, and likely will have shields in short order. That said its weapon systems are still dead in the water.

FLASH BACK TO ATLANTIS....

The wraith hive is still approaching and the Earthers have evac'd the Althosians to Atlantis from the mainland and are preparing to activate the cities cloak.

Just then the hive jumps into the local system and Atlantis activates its cloak. Conversations between Caldwell & Weir indicate that both Daedaleus and Orion are waiting just outside sensor range ready to jump in and nuke the hive if it detects atlantis. (Once again note: The orion is basically a glorified target at this point.... This is speculation but... can you say "buh bye in 3x01")

The hive approaches Lantia (the planet atlantis is on) and begins hailing Atlantis in voice only mode. The voice sounds eeerriliy familiar as Micheal aka "revert" explains they mean no harm and come in peace to speak only.

Mckay & Zelenka create a broadcast relay to mask the location of atlantis and they proceed to discuss an alliance with Michael.

The wraith explain that they we're prematurely awakened 2 years ago by the possibility of a rich new feeding ground (*cough* Earth *cough*) but since then they have made little to no progress on finding this planet. (not to mention they have no galactic class hyperdrives - which seems to have been forgotten... ) Because they havent reached earth they are beginning to starve and civil war has erupted amongst the wraith (for the first time ever). They are requesting access to the retro virus Beckett tested on Micheal and in exchange they offer the source code to their Jamming software (which is inhibiting the Asgard beaming tech).

****Weir and the gang hum and haw and eventually decide they must allie with the wraith as the overhanging threat is that they will broadcast that atlantis survived to the other wraith if they dont.***

(Yes this is the reason they allied with them for those that keep asking why???)

After they agree to the alliance Teyla and John are talking in a hallway - it is now made clear 2 things - 1) Teyla did NOT want them to use the virus even on Micheal, she only went with it out of "trust" for the Earth folks, 2) Teyla is NOT a happy woman about this whole alliance thing. The concept of turning wraith into humans so other wraith can use them as snacks does NOT appeal to her.

Enter scary queen wraith & entourage including Micheal. NOTE: scary wraith queen looks surprisingly similar to the keeper in rising except she has scary brown hair..

They talk. Scientists (Beckett & Zelenka) meet with wraith guy. Basically all the discussions center around a delivery method for the virus.

Mckay & Hermiod have an amazing love scene - where their mutual admiration is exposed.

Queeny decides a test is in order and feasts on a "bad" wraith.

They decide to give it a go, so the wraith acompanied by a cloaked jumper approach an evil wraith hive and attempt to board with canisters full of retro virus. The boarding party is apparently discovered and killed. The "good" hive is then attacked and heavily damaged.

The "good" wraith return to atlantis, and the queen is all *****y like and demands they fix the delivery system. Mckay gets his back up and demands access to ALL wraith technology in order to fix the issue. The queen *surprise* concedes and sends all the data, Mckay gets wood and immediately gets to work ignoring the fact that the system the data is on is networked into atlantis (***even after being warned by weir**)

In the meantime Weir offers Mckays assistance with the wraith hive as it has been heavily damaged. ****DISCOVERY***** The wraith hives being organic in nature will eventually "fix" themselves, that said they are very difficult to upgrade or rapidly repair. Since the wraith have not been in a serious battle for 10,000 years they have either lost or radically have reduced their ability to repair the hives. (****NOTE: You just know this discovery is going to be important at some point****)

Working working working... Mckay discovers a weak point on the hives which will immediately distribute the virus, but it requires the use of asgard beams to try as this section would be guarded.

The queen argues against this as it makes them reliant on Atlantis, Weir & Mckay win out and another test is agreed upon.

Hermiod and Mckay go at it yet again. Their love is just so undying.

After Mckay decides he needs to go with the wraith as he is the "only" one who understands the delivery system(everyone sing "dumb dum dumb dumb DUMMMMBBBBB!!!")

The wraith set out for yet another near by enemy hive with Daeduleus close behind.

As Daeduleus jumps out of hyperspace it is immediately attacked, by both the "good" and "evil" wraith hives.

Hermiod attempts to beam in a nuke to no avail, and is unable to supercede the wraith protection scheme.

John being all selfless hops into an f302 along with 3 or so others and heads to the "good" wraith vessel in an attempt to blow out its hyperdrives.

Mckay & Ronon in the wraith vessle are taken into custody and are put into those wraith food storage units.

After dealing serious damage to Daeduleus the wraith activate their hyperdrives and take off.

Later in atlantis:
          It is realized that the second batch of data (all the wraith tech) was actually a specialized worm looking for specific data.. Most notably two separate things: 1) The locations of ALL known human worlds 2) the Aurora mission reports.

The worm also deleted all the wraith tech data.

Later on the "good" hive ship:

A wraith later thanks Mckay for his help in getting "there" - Earth

Show two wraith hives in hyperspace CUT....

Thats a wrap.

Okay so things to remember for season 3:
          1) Micheal is now "different" from other wraith. Hes actually somewhat nice err for a wraith. He also seems to have a "thing" for Teyla... (A nice light snack maybe... who knows?)

2) The wraith inability to upgrade and fix their own tech is going to haunt them.

3) Obviously the aurora mission reports are very significant to the wraith (can you say mid-season 3 opener)..

So status as of the end of the episode:
          1) Atlantis and its computer network are somewhat disabled from the wraith worm
          2) Orion is not completely fixed and has no functioning weapons
          3) Daedalues is seriously damaged
          4) Earth has not been warned
          5) John is MIA and presumed dead....Again.... (he was caught up in the hyperdrive wake from the wraith hive)
          6) 2 hives are currently en-route to Earth - A third hive is likely en-route to Atlantis
          7) No mention was made in regards to the wraith ability to use galactic speed hyperdrives, their own tech being organic is NOT capable.

Season Wrap:

The last 4 episodes of season 2 were really very good even with the continuity & logic issues. Additionally Critical Mass was also excellent (my favourite this season). In all the second half of the season was pretty good, but like last year it definitely had its dog episodes - *cough* The Tower...

Comments to the production team:

Whats with the abrupt episode endings in the second half of the season? Its almost like you were told to trim an extra 2-3 minutes for more commercials after the episodes we're shot. This carried through on nearly every single episode in the second half of SGA.

Anyways thats it for me.... Same time next year...

Comment

That's what I am talking about, TOA. Thanks for the summary.

Comment

Originally posted by TOA
              Later in atlantis:
              It is realized that the second batch of data (all the wraith tech) was actually a specialized worm looking for specific data.. Most notably two separate things: 1) The locations of ALL known human worlds 2) the Aurora mission reports.

The worm also deleted all the wraith tech data.
              Wait, you're telling me that after all that, McKay somehow failed to make a backup copy?

Wow.

It's amazing how often the writers have to make McKay a complete dumbass for the sake of moving the plot forward (cough, cough, Trinity).

Comment

a great episode, one of the best. Cant wait till season 3 in July.

Comment

really good episode except as always their stupidities
                  1) The data was supposed to be on a non networked machine, hence can't do anything externally
                  2) The backups issue that was mentioned previously
                  3) Why the hell did they trust the Wraith to begin with. Even if they ally themselves in the short term, in the long term it was suicidal (eliminating the civil war would simply strengthen the wraith
                  4) They've already encountered the dormant virus attack on the Deddy
                  But beyond the plot holes was a really good ep especially the fact that we're so totally screwed.

Bring on the Ori vs Wraith wars heh actually would've been funny if we could determine the Ori home galaxy and sent the wraith there (yes sadistic wrong on a million levels and then some but for the pure value of seeing the Ori going toe to toe with the Wraith )

Comment

Man, millions of dollars at their disposal and they STILL don't splurge on some decent anti-virus software! Guess thats what you get when you go with dell. Just Kidding

Comment

Originally posted by syyid
                      really good episode except as always their stupidities
                      1) The data was supposed to be on a non networked machine, hence can't do anything externally
                      They mentioned that very thing in the show two or three times, and then used the fact that it stole data from the database to push the plot. That's just beyond absurd. And why is it every time, Caldwell says, "Oh-ho! Let's warp in and kick some ass!"

*Ensuing warp*

*20 seconds later...*

"Oh no! Shields at 20%! I guess the last fourteen times I did this didn't drive it hard enough into my skull that the Daedalus is a giant flying junk pile!"

It's getting old. I'd like to say as well that's it's a pretty big slap in the face to the fandom who were expecting to see our new Ancient ship in action this episode. Oh, right. The weapons don't work! Well. Thanks to one line by McKay, the visual team doesn't have to do all the space battle work involving a new 3D model! And the writers have any easy way to circumvent the fact if we did have Orion, this whole thing could have been prevented. Why give us the ship one episode beforehand if they were just going to use a silly excuse to not have it do anything?

McKay decided hs absolutely needs to go on the Wraith Ship with Ronan? What, so that we can be in such overwhelming suspense over his coming fate? Are we supposed to believe the most loved character on the show is going to be killed off? Or that Earth is going to get wiped out by the two Wraith ships? "Cliffhangers" like that don't work anymore. Siege II was exciting not because I was really in any doubt that Sheppard would survive, but because I was so excited to see how it would all play out. Whether we'd lose the city, or what hidden secrets we might discover in it to save ourselves, etc.

I'm not a big fan of seeing aliens and stuff on any show. Galactica is cool because the badguys are either human or machine, not weird makeup jobs. I used to think Wraith like Steve or Bob looked cool, but these new ones are sorta... not as cool. Micheal looks totally whacko. And is the overkill on the voice effect really necessary? The Asgard are looking pretty plasticy these days, too.

The episode's plot was kind of underwhelming. Considering the incredible rush I got when The Siege Part II ended, this seems even weaker. Back then, I never would have imagined that the show would be this simplistic by now. I really expected a lot more throughout the season, and I suppose I figured the "super magical finale" would fix all my concerns. Again, nothing to do with Atlantis or its backstory,no real character-centered action or development, and nothing other than showing the fact that our lovely expedition is gullibile as hell. Seriously. They screwed up bigtime in Micheal and caused Atlantis' existence to be divulged. They could have left it at that, but no! They had to deal with the Wraith some more and screw up the rest of humanity too!

If somebody doesn't get fired by the SGC next season, I'll genuinely be in shock... that is, if I put aside the fact that I know nothing bad or permanent is going to happen to a leading character without kicking him/her off the show because of TBTP's inane love for bottled episodes. (As JF admitted in the new Gateworld interview.) I don't get it. Other continuous shows like Lost (which I don't watch) or Galactica garner massive critical acclaim and viewship and somehow, someone up there believes it's best to tie the majority of episodes into a neat little package by the end, thus eliminating any potential for deeper, more complicated and meaningful story arcs that last longer than two episodes. This doesn't have to be a silly adventure show, as it was dismissed in the latest issue of Rolling Stone. We've seen the incredible potential of it many many times in the past.

What I'm saying is, had season 2 progressed as it should have according to the awesome standards set by season 1, this episode would have been something truly astonishing. And I was still expecting the glorious finale I'd constructed in my mind. Even if my expectations were too high, (which is likely) this was still far too little for a season ender. The Wraith betrayed us!? Oh, horror of horrors! Who could have anticipated this travesty! It would have been way more interested if they hadn't, actually. Our Stargate badguys have to be pure black and white. They're good or they're evil. No shaky grey area here.

I'm going to keep watching when Season 3 starts, because I still have faith that this show will end up being what we all thought it would be.

PS: And even Sanctuary wiped the floor with The Tower. I've seen episodes of Maury Povich that wiped the floor with The Tower. (Okay, not really.)
                      Last edited by AutumnDream; 31 January 2006, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Singlehandedly saved Season 2.

And now to discuss what was wrong (is it any different ever?)
                        I think on 1) above, maybe after a while they "trusted" them and needed the PC's networked, or it used it's U8eR WR@I+H c0mpu+0r VIru$ 1337ness sK1llZ to haxor a PDA or something (with wireless), and invade the other systems.

2) I would have had them being hard copied, screenshots and printed, or pictures or anything.

3) Yeh, but I suppose the choice between "Help this wraith" or "50 hive ships a few weeks" I'd probably choose "Help this wraith". Well, if it was reality, I'd just leave and nuke atlantis, but then we'd have no show.

4) Yep, but I guess thats where explanations of 1) come into it.

And honestly, teyla needs to go. Ronon has shown up and become a better character in a third of a season than she has in 2 full ones. Especially that she won't be the "love interest". Sora, Cadman, Super Ford, off the top of my head, could probably be better.

Good Moments (among others)
                        Asgard. He is cool.
                        Beckett and Zelenka with the Wraith.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by Schrodinger82
                          Wait, you're telling me that after all that, McKay somehow failed to make a backup copy?

Wow.

It's amazing how often the writers have to make McKay a complete dumbass for the sake of moving the plot forward (cough, cough, Trinity).
                          The backup copy would have contained the Wraith virus as well. Wouldn't have made any difference.

Comment

Is anyone thinking the wraith will turn the retrovirus into a virus to turn humans into wraith?

As for the networking thing, rodney said they were "completely firewalled" firewalled suggest they are connected to the network, so they have connected to their network, and then the virus (which they did'nt detect) broke though it.
                            Last edited by macktheknife; 31 January 2006, 01:07 AM.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

A few things:
                              *The very start of the episode, they have the cloak on to hide themselves from the hive ship. So why are they broadcasting radio transmissions to the Deadalus and the Orion? It's no use being invisible if the Wraith can hear you. Obviously the radio transmissions would have encrypted so the Wraith can't hear what they're saying, but they would have still been able to detect the actual radio transmission itself.

*Atlantis really had no choice but to go along with Micheal and his gang. They were basically blackmailed after all. I don't have a problem with that part of the story. However they probably could have shown the Atlantis personal being a little more distrusting of the Wraith than they were. Ronan, Teyla and Caldwell were the only ones that really showed any distrust. As it was, it came across that Atlantis was too easily duped - again.

*Weren't the computers that received the Hiveship manuals not hooked up to the rest of the Atlantis network? So how did the trojan upload the info about the Aurora mission and the planets?

*Is McKay being kept alive so they can force him to work on the modified hyperdrive engines? Obviously Shep will come rescue McKay and Ronan in the Season 3 opener

Comment

Originally posted by macktheknife
                                Is anyone thinking the wraith will turn the retrovirus into a virus to turn humans into wraith?
                                Nopes why would they want to do that? Reduce their food supply? What for? Perhaps if they were actually losing but still very risky and doubtful. Unless they got the Team Atlantis syndrome (we're gonna be as stupid as stupid can be )

About the fact that they virus owned a PDA they already saw what their stuff can do in the deddy. It needed to be completely self contained with no external means of accessing anything, a knoppix bootable cd with a second dvd drive containing the data perhaps :-P, nothing is writable beyond the system memory there is no networking or external connectivity, pda anything . Also the hard copies/printouts idea should have been thought of not to mention anything they gave us should've been considered bogus data

Comment

Working...
                                X