X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rhade
    WOW great stuff but still Weir should be demoted or fired

Spoiler:
    for letting all that intell get to the Wraith as well as the location of Earth and all the other planets.
    Yeah....she disappoints me..man! I know this will insight storyline..but damn it..she's been disappointing me for months now...
    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

the answer about the aurora mission reports is that at this point we don't know much about the reports.. they are "reports"... also, we don't know how depleted the ZPM is on the orion.. perhaps the orion is just rusty.. to me, there are many possibilities.. i bet everyone at this point will be thrown off before any spoilers are released....

Comment

it's not a virus.. it's not a trojan.. it's a WORM!! some folks can't show appreciation to zelenka's terminology.. gotta show some appreciation towards the guy.. he might be our hope to getting weapons online on the orion along with the cute gal (bomb expert?)..

-p

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter

Weir has made two many mistakes this years & I can see a new military commander taking control next season. Weir may have had firends at the beginning of S2, so Landry knew not to push the matter, however after giving the Wraith access to the MW & more significantly Earth. Then I feel that she'll be getting a new boss next year. She'll be in control of the day to day operations but the new guy (Caldwell!) will make all military decisions & everything runs through him first for approval.
          I don't really think that's gonna happen... But if it does: Wouldn't it be funny if Sheppard (not Caldwell) is the new overall commander? Roles would just be reversed and it'd be interesting to see how Weir'd handle Shep givin her ordes (although, I have to say: Shep has been pretty good with the whole chain of command- thing the last few episodes. He had a different opinion once or twice and didn't even argue when Weir made the decision. Tells me that he finally trusts her all the way.)

However, as I said: That's not going to happen!

About the ep: Great, great, great... After the end of 'Inferno', I actually had a feeling that 'Allies' would be too similar to 'Siege II', but it turned out quite differently...
          And even with the chance that people might think I'm stupid: I believed what the Wraith said and I was expecting the trouble more to be like - the enemy Hive figures out they work together and gather all the other Wraith for another war- That they were playing them from the start sure didn't cross my mind too often.. Evil Wraith!! Evil Michael!

I can not wait for July!!!
          *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
            Yeah....she disappoints me..man! I know this will insight storyline..but damn it..she's been disappointing me for months now...
            First, Weir isn't the only one doing this experiment, obviously others agreed with her, or may even have made the recommendation to her in the first place. Sheppard and/or Beckett could have squashed the whole experiment, if they wanted to.

One can't blame Weir for everything wrong in Atlantis, though as the civilian leader, she will have to take responsibility, along with Sheppard, who is the military leader. If both went along with it, they both will have to pay for it equally.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
              So what would be the point of the backup then? They'd backup the trojan along with the data and have the same problem. And whats to stop the trojan from executing itself?
              Originally posted by sgafansam
              Any backup of file infected with a worm will also contain teh worm that deletes the data...so even if he did make a backup it would likely be wiped just like the original data was...
              I don't think either of you actually understandstand computers. If I take a copy of the Wrath data and burn it to a DVD-R, how in the world is a worm going to delete it? Especially if that DVD-R is tucked nicely away in some case that's completely disconnected from any computer system? No code on Earth is going to make a program that's been burned on DVD-R delete itself. Not physically possible.

As for stopping the program from executing itself, the program is just code. The situation is roughly equivalent to a human being who reads a recipe in a cookbook. Just because the person reads the recipe, doesn't mean that the person has to follow it. I mean, hell, keep in mind that not all operating systems are the same to begin with. Just because something will run on a Mac, for instance, doesn't mean that it will run on a PC. So they could load it up on a different system, isolate the worm, delete the worm, and load it back up.

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM
                First, Weir isn't the only one doing this experiment, obviously others agreed with her, or may even have made the recommendation to her in the first place. Sheppard and/or Beckett could have squashed the whole experiment, if they wanted to.

One can't blame Weir for everything wrong in Atlantis, though as the civilian leader, she will have to take responsibility, along with Sheppard, who is the military leader. If both went along with it, they both will have to pay for it equally.

I'm not blaming Weir for everythign wrong in Atlantis..I'm blamign WEir for this...Beckett shares in the blame and he knows it, he even said so.

She's the leader of Atlantis.... She says the final decision in the end. We saw what happened in 'Hot Zone' when John went against her, and she said it would never happen again. That means that she has control, even OVER Sheppard. But I will stand by that if this came under council viewing, Sheppard would stand by her and say he was as much to blame. But it has been done where Weir is in command..and she has authority over what goes on in atlantis and she over powers JOhn' command...again look at Michael where Kate says Michale should be allowed to converse with people...John was against..Weir allowed it, even when he said it wasn't a good idea.

As a military man I'm sure that John had said no way in hell are we going to bring Michael here...he's a liability. It wouldn't make sense otherwise.

But for the decision is to bring him to base where the Wraith believed it exploded and then to not even think that something might go wrong...is just inexcusable. You can tell that John was against it..and she went over his head.

Weir has done many great things, I won't deny that...I have seen a lot of bad things...but nothing, nothing comes worse to this...Not even when John allowed his team to be injected with Wraith enzyme in 'Lost Boys'. This was beyond the worst..I'm just flabbergasted...it's not only detrimental to her, but her people on Atlantis, and let's not forget the many people on the mainland.

And depending on the amount of intel he was able to wrack up the other neighboring planets that SGA was able to relocate people....I mean come on...this was just a crazy move. That has to be admitted and seen. This wasn't a good idea.
                Click statement above to read article.

Comment

that or take a copy to earth becasue as i recall as soon as the hive left it started so they were prob the ones that activated it and if there was a copy on earth it would have been to far away to activate the worm

just like the one in that other ep when there proximity to a Warith ship was small enough it activated
                  Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaJones00
                    Dont the two Wraith Hiveships now have boosted hyperdrives? as that is what I assumed when they said that only two pieces of info had been taken from the Atlantis system, the mission reports from the Aurora (meaning info on how to boost the hyperdrive) and the locations of Earth and other plants.

If this is correct then even the Daedalus might not be able to catch them in time unless they use the ZPM, but then will they leave Atlantis defenceless?
                    It said reports, so don't see why they would have hyperdrive upgrades in a report. If they had of saidf something like schematics etc, then it will have been a definite. However without these upgrades, then it will take them years without an intergalactic hyperdrive to even reach the MW. So presumably they do get them somehow, perhaps the Wraith from 'Aurora' had transmitted stuff before Daedalus had even arrived there, that is how they knew to look for the mission reports.

However I assume that it would still take a decent amount of time to do these modifications, which McKay seemed to be personally thanked for. So maybe he fixed something of which he was unaware of it's signifigance. If they look at the long range scanners, then they can always detect Hive ships at least a few weeks before they are ready to arrive. So that easily gives them enough leeway to use the ZPM & have it back intime. Another one, would be to land Daedalus on the pier, then use that itself to power the cloak. It most likely wouldn't be capable of holding the shield for very long, so at least the cloak would hide them from scans & sight.

With the Ori situation in the MW at the beginning of S10,
                    Spoiler:
                    the Jaffa & Earth ships fighting the invading Ori fleet, the Korelev gets destroyed, the Odyssey gets its Hyperdrive damaged etc.
                    I don't see them being able to offer much help. So either the Asgard are sent to help, Atlantis could easily dial the gate to the MW. Send them an urgent message, then get the SGC to request Asgard assistance in containing the matter.

Barring that, only Daedalus or the Orion could do something about it. Being Shep just disappeared, then either he went under the Hive ship like Daedalus was planning to do & hitched a ride or he used the Hyperdrive in the 302 to jump inside the Hive somehow. Then he'll probably eventually locate McKay & Ronon & they'll help stop them from the inside, which probably buys time to catch up with them.

If it were me in charge, I'd sacrifice the Atlantis ZPM, providing no Wraith ships were on approach. Install it in the Orion, get everybody working on fixing the weapons en route. It looks like those lances are energy weapons of sorts, so I can see a single 'Aurora' class warship being able to take out two Hives on it's own. It'll probably be captained by Caldwell & has Zelenka fixing the weapons, while Daedalus stays behind in Pegasus & Hermiod works to crack the jamming code. That way it at least gives him a couple of weeks to do something about it. So if something does come up, then Daedalus can at least take care of them with the beaming tech again, until the Orion gets back.

Originally posted by someonerandom
                    the answer about the aurora mission reports is that at this point we don't know much about the reports.. they are "reports"... also, we don't know how depleted the ZPM is on the orion.. perhaps the orion is just rusty.. to me, there are many possibilities.. i bet everyone at this point will be thrown off before any spoilers are released....

We don't even know if it has a ZPM installed, I predict that it doesn't. After all the shields were pretty much gone & weapons, engines were all offline at the time. So if it did have one, then it'd pretty much be gone, especially since the shields were penetrated enough to cause severe internal damage. For that to happen then shields are pretty much depleted. So any ZPM would be probably drained by that point. That said, I don't think they were designed to have ZPM's powering them as standard. The weapons sat's didn't even use them, they had their own internal power source etc & so I believe that the ships would be the same. However there shouldn't be any problems installing a ZPM in it at all.

Comment

you know what.. everyone is at fault.. some of you are blaming weir. when facts are that caldwell and sheppard (both military leaders) gave there ok and is therefore at fault. as for the scientific view, mckay is at fault as well because he let his obsession with wraith technology take the best of him, they basically lured him from taking safety precautions to all the info you can get just like that.. even though she is the leader and made the deals, she gathered and listened to everyone's opinions.. that makes a good leader.. now let me ask some of you guys.. how would you feel if your leader didn't care about your opinions and expertise. its the same thing with the jobs you all have, if employers don't listen to employees, you lose communication, and everyone wouldn't like where they are.

and another thing its not that big of a deal.. ooh 2 wraith hive ships.. that is nothing. we already taken out 6 if i remmeber correctly. and plus i dont think the 2 wraith ships will tell the rest of the hive ships.. for 2 reasons.. 1. they are at civil war because of low human population in pegasus galaxy.. and of course 2. why would they want to share an all you can eat buffet with the other hive ships.

Comment

Has there ever been any indication that Ancient warships (or ships of any kinds) have ZPMs powering them?

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
                          Weir has made two many mistakes this years & I can see a new military commander taking control next season. Weir may have had firends at the beginning of S2, so Landry knew not to push the matter, however after giving the Wraith access to the MW & more significantly Earth. Then I feel that she'll be getting a new boss next year. She'll be in control of the day to day operations but the new guy (Caldwell!) will make all military decisions & everything runs through him first for approval.
                          weir ain't going anywhere, the only one criticising weir will be some military ******* or Kavanagh. You don't expect us to think beyond the end of the episode do you? TPTB are afraid of changing things a lot, it takes more time to think things through (they don't have time for that)

Comment

While there were undoubtably some wonderful little moments, I kinda found this...well lackluster for want of a better word and disappointing as a season ender.

Its the same sort of 'whatever' feeling I got with 'Lost Boys', infact for the whole season with the exception of Duet which was bloody hilarious and an all round outstanding episode (though more of a stand alone), and 'Critical Mass' which though it was on the lines of a cheesey disasater movie, had some wonderful character building moments. 'Epiphany' though Sheppard-centric (which I am getting sooo very tired of week after week) was also very interesting, And of course, the cracking season opener 'Seige 3'!

I cant think of a single 'arch' episode that really got me going this season. Season 1 had 'The Storm' and 'The Eye', an absolutely fantastic mid-season 2-parter, with an EVIL cliffie only surpassed by the equally outstanding 'Seige 1&2'. Where was the season ending on the 'edge of your seat, stomach churning frustration level of anticipation'??? Allies was more, feet up on the recliner and slightly annoying indegestion. Last year I was chewing furniture from the fever pitch, this year...not so much.

'Allies' just epitimises the generally formulaic, too rushed, or as this episode was, ungainly, usually lathargic and meandering pace for the majority of the season. Any revelations for the arch have been either rushed (Retrovirus) or severely lackluster (did we really learn anything of real significance about the Wraith in Instinct or Conversion?). Its another 'oh please no, not another bloody impossible situation' with no real sense of personal jeapody for our heroes. For McKay and Ronon its just too much like Lost Boys, and has the really overdone, *cue cheesey accent* 'we will excute you in blah days therefore giving you plenty of time to escape whilst creating a false sense of impending doom with a countdown to your *insert evil laugh'* DEATH! *insert da da ddddeeerrr music*. Its something you'd expect from a really bad action movie, they might as well have painted by numbers and had some guy in the wings with a 'happily ever after' sign ready for the next ep.

On the brightside there was definately more of an ensemble feel. It was great to see Dr Z get some screen time, we finally got a title for the Canadian Control dude (Sgt.... Sgt. Chuck the Canuck!!) Beckett thank god had some lovely moments, though thats pretty much all the character has had all season, lots of great little moments here and there but no real episode of his own (so much for becoming a regular huh?). Pretty surprising for a character supposedly 'loved' by the writers, he's had pretty much bugger all too do of real worth or growth? Where was this season's 'Poisoning the Well'?? Without a doubt he's the most emotionally charged character, yet he's always so bloody underused which is frustrating for a fan. We've seen what Paul McGillion is capable of acting wise (especially those who've also seen his indie movie 'See Grace Fly'), where was the episode with real emotional, hand-writhing, tear jerking drama?? This is an action show and we're not likely to see Beckett get in on the action (though how much more interesting would 'The Long Goodbye' been if it had been Carson instead of Sheppard?), so can we please get some REAL bloody drama for him? I miss the character devleopement, bring back the sense of personal jeopardy, personal loss, emotional growth and try to make cliffies have a more personal level and realistic sense to them (or as close as you can get in scifi)???

Personally I think the rest of the season has pretty much been too heavily focused on certain characters (aka Shep and McKay, as much as I love the characters this is supposed to be an ensemble show and I dont think any real character developement has taken place...for any of them for that matter).

I think Season 3 will be the make or break year for SGA, if it finds its grove again like season 1, I'll be a happy girl, if not...well we'll see.
                            Last edited by TJuk; 31 January 2006, 02:55 PM.

Comment

<delurk (because the ep was so awesome)>

As above - this one redeemed the previous few IMHO! Can't wait for summer now!!!

BTW, was played by the lovely Andee Frizell again?

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
                                some people cant wait for the official episode thread to come up, any1 got spoilers? or an episode summary?

Yeah, what he/she said

Comment

Working...
                                X