Allies (220)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Schrodinger82
    Just because there's code on your computer doesn't mean you have to execute it. Stargate is funny like that though, I guess.
    So what would be the point of the backup then? They'd backup the trojan along with the data and have the same problem. And whats to stop the trojan from executing itself?

Comment

Best ep. of season 2, it has to be. The none stop tension was great i love that.

Everyone that watches stargate should definatly watch this one.

Comment

As I said yesterday, I don't see the Wraith making an appearance in eps 4 & 5 of SG-1. Atlantis airs at the exact same time as SG-1. So I don't see how it's humanly possibly to finish the story in the season premiere of Atlantis, yet take 4 weeks to even appear in SG-1. It simply can't happen.

More likely 'Uninvited' is the appearance of the new enemy that SG-1 is going to face.

It looks as though the two Hive ships are on their way to the MW, so being that they don't have the Hyperdrives to get there at great speed, then as it also looks like they haven't told other Wraith about it, so as to keep the new feeding ground to themselves. Then that makes the job a whole lot easier.

It's very simply how to get them & take them out quickly. Sacrifice the Atlantis ZPM to 'Orion', this boots the Hyperdrive, shields & weapons, Have them go after it at full speed. They should cathc up to them in no time where they simply follow until they drop out of Hyperspace. Then take them out. Problem solved.

From the sounds of 'No Mans Land' though, it probably will be the edge of the MW galaxy, where there will be a battle to stop them arriving. Since 'The Odyssey' will be busy with serious problems of their own.
        Spoiler:
        Getting pretty banged up against Two Lucian Alliance Motherships.

Then it seems that unless has more unrevealed Daedalus class warships, then the Asgard will probably be called to give assistance. Which I hope is the case, just to see the Hive ships finally make it to the new feeding ground, then see Daedalus already waiting for it, the two Hive ships think they have easy pickings an & are about to start firing when an O'neil class warship drops out right behind Daedalus, then 'Orion' comes up from behind the Hives from the Pegasus side. See how smart they are then!

Comment

Originally posted by Ichigo
          Best ep. of season 2, it has to be. The none stop tension was great i love that.

Everyone that watches stargate should definatly watch this one.
          we finally got to see the main railguns, two are on the front of the flat top and one at the nose, and they were doing "some" damage Mckay and Ronan heard the impact and explosions. We also findout that the bridge is the square module behind the missile silos....

Comment

Very exciting episode. But why did they trust the Wraith? Ok, I don't care, finally something is happening in Stargate Atlantis, and hopefully they will continue this way in many more episodes next season.

Edit: Ah, I wonder if the two Wraith Hive ships managed to broadcast the earth location and other information to other Hive ships? I can see the future if they didn't. Then these two Hive ships will get destroyed sooner or later, and it is all back to normal again. Stargate has been predictable. :/

Comment

Now we are talking.
              Finaly a episode where the wraiths don't ross are total lonnies and space goth wannabees.
              An intelegent enemy is much more interesting then a dumb one.

Comment

Wow freaking crap! Great episode. It has a lot of CGI, way more then the rest of the episodes but still... do they have now intergalactic hyperdrives and if they have: how did they get it?

Second, they want to attack Earth with only 2 hiveships? wtf? They know that the Daedalus shields are good and it's weapons sucks.

About the info about the Orion: The worm probably uploaded all information about spaceships to know what Earth has... But Alantis doesn't have information about spaceships in our galaxy

Comment

Originally posted by Schrodinger82
                  Wait, you're telling me that after all that, McKay somehow failed to make a backup copy?

Wow.

It's amazing how often the writers have to make McKay a complete dumbass for the sake of moving the plot forward (cough, cough, Trinity).
                  Any backup of file infected with a worm will also contain teh worm that deletes the data...so even if he did make a backup it would likely be wiped just like the original data was...

my question is.....atlantis all this advanced computer technology and NO ANTIVIRUS......god the whole system ships windows compatible ...you think they would have put mccafee or something on there
                  jake o'niel ".......bite me"

Mythbusters....."I reject your reality and arbitrarily substitute it with my own"

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream
                    If somebody doesn't get fired by the SGC next season, I'll genuinely be in shock... that is, if I put aside the fact that I know nothing bad or permanent is going to happen to a leading character without kicking him/her off the show because of TBTP's inane love for bottled episodes. (As JF admitted in the new Gateworld interview.) I don't get it.
                    I don't get it, either. It's like saying the Atlantis writers are writing episodes for people who aren't fans yet but might someday be. They really underestimate their current fans' ability to follow character development, too, I think. Saying that they have to write episodes in this fashion seems more like an excuse for lazy, predictable writing than anything else. They don't have to. Why don't they shoot for the best possible stories they can tell, instead of settling for simple plots and virtually no character development/growth to keep viewers from supposedly becoming confused?
                    Last edited by smushybird; 31 January 2006, 07:11 AM.

Comment

A great end to the season. Sure it had a couple of flaws but it had tension in spades. You knew the Wraith were going to double cross the team, you just didn't know when.

Originally posted by corey2002
                      the wraith seemed prety confident about getting to earth-could rodney have accidently modified thier hyperdrive to run continuously like deadelus during his repairs?
                      any other ideas on how they could be getting there? all they have is the gate adress and we still have an iris
                      My money is on the Wraith getting McKay to do the work on the engines by threatening to kill Ronan.

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream
                        McKay decided hs absolutely needs to go on the Wraith Ship with Ronan? What, so that we can be in such overwhelming suspense over his coming fate? Are we supposed to believe the most loved character on the show is going to be killed off? Or that Earth is going to get wiped out by the two Wraith ships? "Cliffhangers" like that don't work anymore. Siege II was exciting not because I was really in any doubt that Sheppard would survive, but because I was so excited to see how it would all play out. Whether we'd lose the city, or what hidden secrets we might discover in it to save ourselves, etc.
                        McKay, admitted that he had done some messing about on the Wraith end as well with their systems. So that's probably why he volunteered to go back, that & the fact that he had the portable remote to send him back to Daedalus. One thing though is that I wonder if he gave Ronon one to get back also.

Shep obviously isn't going to die, however we knew the exact same last season. You say that TSII was exciting because you wondered if they'd lose the city. They had already done that in the mid season two parter. It was pretty obvious they'd never lost the city to the Wraith. After all it's called Stargate: Atlantis & they wouldn't let the Wraith get access to the main DB in the city, because then the Wraith would have found out about Earth by the beginning of S2. So it would be obvious that the show wouldn't be carrying on for very long, especially if all the enemy know of the new feeding ground & are headed there. Also that they knew the Daedalus would be arriving with the ZPM to boost the shield etc.

That was suspense, however this ep leaves more suspense than that of S1 to me. Think about it! Did the two Hives inform the rest of the Wraith about it, what exactly did the Wraith get, how long will it take them to get to the MW, where did Shep jump to, Did McKay really get hacking the Wraith systems that he was so confident that he had done earlier before the Wraith backstab. Are there more Hives in their group. Can they get the weapons working on 'Orion', especially since McKay is no longer there any more to do repairs himself. What will they do with Daedalus, will they try & overtake them back to the MW, will they go & lend a hand to the Orion. Exactly how will they get stopped, will it involve new Daedalus class ships, will the Asgard help out with their warships, will the Jaffa lend their ships, will we see a crossover with SG-1 trying to intercept them etc, etc. Overall this leaves a lot more left to be figured out that that of S1.

'Shep', my speculations is that he used the 302's drive to jump inside the Hive ship. It's him who (predicatably) manages to find & free McKay, who really has managed tyo hack the Wraith systems from the inside, they get the jammer disabled & can then nuke again. Only they won't be able to contact Daedalus or Atlantis to inform them of it. So my bet is that they either just set foot inside the MW or are cut off right at the edge of the MW galaxy. I suspect that they will sacrifice Atlantis' ZPM & install it in the Orion. This will power the shield & energy weapons (if it has them) as well as significantly boosting the HD. It manages to get to them alongside the Daedalus. The Orion only has limited weapons capabilites as it's not been fully repaired, so they can explain away why the Orion doesn't kick their asses with extreme ease. It eventually manages to take out the second Hive ship, then McKay disables the jammer from the inside, they get beamed out by Daedalus & then it beams a nuke again & takes it out.

Although I really would love to see the Asgard warships be asked to help out & it be them that takes the Wraith out. Just to see the Wraith finally get to this galaxy & think it'll be an easy target, then see O'neill class warships jump out of HS. Come on the viewscreen & trash talk them. The Wraith never having seen any real 'Aliens' before think that it's a joke, then Thor gives the command to open fire & they get taken out.

Some things I didn't like though:

The fact that they originally used a non networked computer, then at some point felt that it was safe to abandon protocol & allow it access. Especially after what we saw them do with viruses before in 'Intruder'. So that's a big blunder on their part.

Weir has made two many mistakes this years & I can see a new military commander taking control next season. Weir may have had firends at the beginning of S2, so Landry knew not to push the matter, however after giving the Wraith access to the MW & more significantly Earth. Then I feel that she'll be getting a new boss next year. She'll be in control of the day to day operations but the new guy (Caldwell!) will make all military decisions & everything runs through him first for approval.

Orion, why not use a PJ cloak, like they did with Atlantis & have it be right there cloaked & out of sight, just incase. Especially when the Daedalus was going up against Hive ships potentially. The thought of a double cross never went through their minds, also on the Daedalus front, why only 302's & not use any PJ's. When it was under attack, they could simply have opened the hanagar bay doors & fired the Drones from within the safety of being behind the Asgard shield.

Also I wonder why they listed CT as 'Michael; in the opening credits, especially since it was posted by JM (I think in his blog) that he couldn't reprise the role & so it was give to someone else!

The Wraith scout ship when coming to Atlantis flanked by the 302's. Especially when they all turned & it landed. That looked really artificial to me. Normally the VFX have been top notch but that wasn't very lifelike at all.

The Wraith Queen, wearing heeled shoes or boots. Somehow don't see that being the case. Guess you know what they say, style truly is universal!

Overall a pretty good episode, 7 out of 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
                          One thing though is that I wonder if he gave Ronon one to get back also.
                          Yes, McKay told Ronon "activate the beamer thingo" (not exact words).

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
                          Also I wonder why they listed CT as 'Michael; in the opening credits, especially since it was posted by JM (I think in his blog) that he couldn't reprise the role & so it was give to someone else!
                          "Previously on Stargate". He was in that part.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

there is a chance that the orion has the slow aurora hyperdrives, right?

Comment

Wow! This episode sure make the wraiths to be a lot more interesting. I can't wait until season 3.
                              I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

It looks as though the two Hive ships are on their way to the MW, so being that they don't have the Hyperdrives to get there at great speed, then as it also looks like they haven't told other Wraith about it, so as to keep the new feeding ground to themselves. Then that makes the job a whole lot easier.
                                Dont the two Wraith Hiveships now have boosted hyperdrives? as that is what I assumed when they said that only two pieces of info had been taken from the Atlantis system, the mission reports from the Aurora (meaning info on how to boost the hyperdrive) and the locations of Earth and other plants.

If this is correct then even the Daedalus might not be able to catch them in time unless they use the ZPM, but then will they leave Atlantis defenceless?

Comment

Working...
                                X