Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345 67815 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 606

Thread: Allies (220)

  1. #81
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    707

    Default Re: Allies (220)

    Now we are talking.
    Finaly a episode where the wraiths don't ross are total lonnies and space goth wannabees.
    An intelegent enemy is much more interesting then a dumb one.

  2. #82
    Airman dutchmega's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Enschede, The Netherlands
    Posts
    40

    Default Re: Allies (220)

    Wow freaking crap! Great episode. It has a lot of CGI, way more then the rest of the episodes but still... do they have now intergalactic hyperdrives and if they have: how did they get it?

    Second, they want to attack Earth with only 2 hiveships? wtf? They know that the Daedalus shields are good and it's weapons sucks.

    About the info about the Orion: The worm probably uploaded all information about spaceships to know what Earth has... But Alantis doesn't have information about spaceships in our galaxy

  3. #83
    Chief Master Sergeant sgafansam's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    119

    Default Re: Allies (220)

    Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger82
    Wait, you're telling me that after all that, McKay somehow failed to make a backup copy?

    Wow.

    It's amazing how often the writers have to make McKay a complete dumbass for the sake of moving the plot forward (cough, cough, Trinity).
    Any backup of file infected with a worm will also contain teh worm that deletes the data...so even if he did make a backup it would likely be wiped just like the original data was...

    my question is.....atlantis all this advanced computer technology and NO ANTIVIRUS......god the whole system ships windows compatible ...you think they would have put mccafee or something on there
    jake o'niel ".......bite me"

    Mythbusters....."I reject your reality and arbitrarily substitute it with my own"

  4. #84

    Heart Re: Allies (220)

    Quote Originally Posted by AutumnDream
    If somebody doesn't get fired by the SGC next season, I'll genuinely be in shock... that is, if I put aside the fact that I know nothing bad or permanent is going to happen to a leading character without kicking him/her off the show because of TBTP's inane love for bottled episodes. (As JF admitted in the new Gateworld interview.) I don't get it.
    I don't get it, either. It's like saying the Atlantis writers are writing episodes for people who aren't fans yet but might someday be. They really underestimate their current fans' ability to follow character development, too, I think. Saying that they have to write episodes in this fashion seems more like an excuse for lazy, predictable writing than anything else. They don't have to. Why don't they shoot for the best possible stories they can tell, instead of settling for simple plots and virtually no character development/growth to keep viewers from supposedly becoming confused?
    Last edited by smushybird; January 31st, 2006 at 08:11 AM.

  5. #85
    Staff Sergeant
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    65

    Default Re: Allies (220)

    A great end to the season. Sure it had a couple of flaws but it had tension in spades. You knew the Wraith were going to double cross the team, you just didn't know when.

    Quote Originally Posted by corey2002
    the wraith seemed prety confident about getting to earth-could rodney have accidently modified thier hyperdrive to run continuously like deadelus during his repairs?
    any other ideas on how they could be getting there? all they have is the gate adress and we still have an iris
    My money is on the Wraith getting McKay to do the work on the engines by threatening to kill Ronan.

  6. #86
    Captain
    Member Since
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,022

    Default Re: Allies (220)

    Quote Originally Posted by AutumnDream
    McKay decided hs absolutely needs to go on the Wraith Ship with Ronan? What, so that we can be in such overwhelming suspense over his coming fate? Are we supposed to believe the most loved character on the show is going to be killed off? Or that Earth is going to get wiped out by the two Wraith ships? "Cliffhangers" like that don't work anymore. Siege II was exciting not because I was really in any doubt that Sheppard would survive, but because I was so excited to see how it would all play out. Whether we'd lose the city, or what hidden secrets we might discover in it to save ourselves, etc.
    McKay, admitted that he had done some messing about on the Wraith end as well with their systems. So that's probably why he volunteered to go back, that & the fact that he had the portable remote to send him back to Daedalus. One thing though is that I wonder if he gave Ronon one to get back also.

    Shep obviously isn't going to die, however we knew the exact same last season. You say that TSII was exciting because you wondered if they'd lose the city. They had already done that in the mid season two parter. It was pretty obvious they'd never lost the city to the Wraith. After all it's called Stargate: Atlantis & they wouldn't let the Wraith get access to the main DB in the city, because then the Wraith would have found out about Earth by the beginning of S2. So it would be obvious that the show wouldn't be carrying on for very long, especially if all the enemy know of the new feeding ground & are headed there. Also that they knew the Daedalus would be arriving with the ZPM to boost the shield etc.

    That was suspense, however this ep leaves more suspense than that of S1 to me. Think about it! Did the two Hives inform the rest of the Wraith about it, what exactly did the Wraith get, how long will it take them to get to the MW, where did Shep jump to, Did McKay really get hacking the Wraith systems that he was so confident that he had done earlier before the Wraith backstab. Are there more Hives in their group. Can they get the weapons working on 'Orion', especially since McKay is no longer there any more to do repairs himself. What will they do with Daedalus, will they try & overtake them back to the MW, will they go & lend a hand to the Orion. Exactly how will they get stopped, will it involve new Daedalus class ships, will the Asgard help out with their warships, will the Jaffa lend their ships, will we see a crossover with SG-1 trying to intercept them etc, etc. Overall this leaves a lot more left to be figured out that that of S1.

    'Shep', my speculations is that he used the 302's drive to jump inside the Hive ship. It's him who (predicatably) manages to find & free McKay, who really has managed tyo hack the Wraith systems from the inside, they get the jammer disabled & can then nuke again. Only they won't be able to contact Daedalus or Atlantis to inform them of it. So my bet is that they either just set foot inside the MW or are cut off right at the edge of the MW galaxy. I suspect that they will sacrifice Atlantis' ZPM & install it in the Orion. This will power the shield & energy weapons (if it has them) as well as significantly boosting the HD. It manages to get to them alongside the Daedalus. The Orion only has limited weapons capabilites as it's not been fully repaired, so they can explain away why the Orion doesn't kick their asses with extreme ease. It eventually manages to take out the second Hive ship, then McKay disables the jammer from the inside, they get beamed out by Daedalus & then it beams a nuke again & takes it out.

    Although I really would love to see the Asgard warships be asked to help out & it be them that takes the Wraith out. Just to see the Wraith finally get to this galaxy & think it'll be an easy target, then see O'neill class warships jump out of HS. Come on the viewscreen & trash talk them. The Wraith never having seen any real 'Aliens' before think that it's a joke, then Thor gives the command to open fire & they get taken out.

    Some things I didn't like though:

    The fact that they originally used a non networked computer, then at some point felt that it was safe to abandon protocol & allow it access. Especially after what we saw them do with viruses before in 'Intruder'. So that's a big blunder on their part.

    Weir has made two many mistakes this years & I can see a new military commander taking control next season. Weir may have had firends at the beginning of S2, so Landry knew not to push the matter, however after giving the Wraith access to the MW & more significantly Earth. Then I feel that she'll be getting a new boss next year. She'll be in control of the day to day operations but the new guy (Caldwell!) will make all military decisions & everything runs through him first for approval.

    Orion, why not use a PJ cloak, like they did with Atlantis & have it be right there cloaked & out of sight, just incase. Especially when the Daedalus was going up against Hive ships potentially. The thought of a double cross never went through their minds, also on the Daedalus front, why only 302's & not use any PJ's. When it was under attack, they could simply have opened the hanagar bay doors & fired the Drones from within the safety of being behind the Asgard shield.

    Also I wonder why they listed CT as 'Michael; in the opening credits, especially since it was posted by JM (I think in his blog) that he couldn't reprise the role & so it was give to someone else!

    The Wraith scout ship when coming to Atlantis flanked by the 302's. Especially when they all turned & it landed. That looked really artificial to me. Normally the VFX have been top notch but that wasn't very lifelike at all.

    The Wraith Queen, wearing heeled shoes or boots. Somehow don't see that being the case. Guess you know what they say, style truly is universal!

    Overall a pretty good episode, 7 out of 10.

  7. #87
    First Lieutenant macktheknife's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    636

    Default Re: Allies (220)

    Quote Originally Posted by Wraith_Hunter
    One thing though is that I wonder if he gave Ronon one to get back also.
    Yes, McKay told Ronon "activate the beamer thingo" (not exact words).

    Quote Originally Posted by Wraith_Hunter
    Also I wonder why they listed CT as 'Michael; in the opening credits, especially since it was posted by JM (I think in his blog) that he couldn't reprise the role & so it was give to someone else!
    "Previously on Stargate". He was in that part.
    http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/3033/lucius2sigtx7.jpg
    Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

  8. #88
    Chief Master Sergeant someonerandom's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    104

    Default Re: They got pwned in ep 20..

    there is a chance that the orion has the slow aurora hyperdrives, right?

  9. #89
    Second Lieutenant Quinn Mallory's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    399

    Default Re: Allies (220)

    Wow! This episode sure make the wraiths to be a lot more interesting. I can't wait until season 3.
    I just love shows about wormholes!

  10. #90
    Second Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    358

    Default Re: They got pwned in ep 20..

    It looks as though the two Hive ships are on their way to the MW, so being that they don't have the Hyperdrives to get there at great speed, then as it also looks like they haven't told other Wraith about it, so as to keep the new feeding ground to themselves. Then that makes the job a whole lot easier.
    Dont the two Wraith Hiveships now have boosted hyperdrives? as that is what I assumed when they said that only two pieces of info had been taken from the Atlantis system, the mission reports from the Aurora (meaning info on how to boost the hyperdrive) and the locations of Earth and other plants.

    If this is correct then even the Daedalus might not be able to catch them in time unless they use the ZPM, but then will they leave Atlantis defenceless?

  11. #91
    Lieutenant Colonel vaberella's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The City of Dis
    Posts
    4,337

    Default Re: They got pwned in ep 20..

    Quote Originally Posted by rhade
    WOW great stuff but still Weir should be demoted or fired

    Spoiler:
    for letting all that intell get to the Wraith as well as the location of Earth and all the other planets.
    Yeah....she disappoints me..man! I know this will insight storyline..but damn it..she's been disappointing me for months now...

  12. #92
    Chief Master Sergeant someonerandom's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    104

    Default Re: They got pwned in ep 20..

    the answer about the aurora mission reports is that at this point we don't know much about the reports.. they are "reports"... also, we don't know how depleted the ZPM is on the orion.. perhaps the orion is just rusty.. to me, there are many possibilities.. i bet everyone at this point will be thrown off before any spoilers are released....

  13. #93
    Chief Master Sergeant someonerandom's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    104

    Default Re: Allies (220)

    it's not a virus.. it's not a trojan.. it's a WORM!! some folks can't show appreciation to zelenka's terminology.. gotta show some appreciation towards the guy.. he might be our hope to getting weapons online on the orion along with the cute gal (bomb expert?)..

    -p

  14. #94
    Colonel caty's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,026

    Default Re: Allies (220)

    Quote Originally Posted by Wraith_Hunter


    Weir has made two many mistakes this years & I can see a new military commander taking control next season. Weir may have had firends at the beginning of S2, so Landry knew not to push the matter, however after giving the Wraith access to the MW & more significantly Earth. Then I feel that she'll be getting a new boss next year. She'll be in control of the day to day operations but the new guy (Caldwell!) will make all military decisions & everything runs through him first for approval.
    I don't really think that's gonna happen... But if it does: Wouldn't it be funny if Sheppard (not Caldwell) is the new overall commander? Roles would just be reversed and it'd be interesting to see how Weir'd handle Shep givin her ordes (although, I have to say: Shep has been pretty good with the whole chain of command- thing the last few episodes. He had a different opinion once or twice and didn't even argue when Weir made the decision. Tells me that he finally trusts her all the way.)

    However, as I said: That's not going to happen!

    About the ep: Great, great, great... After the end of 'Inferno', I actually had a feeling that 'Allies' would be too similar to 'Siege II', but it turned out quite differently...
    And even with the chance that people might think I'm stupid: I believed what the Wraith said and I was expecting the trouble more to be like - the enemy Hive figures out they work together and gather all the other Wraith for another war- That they were playing them from the start sure didn't cross my mind too often.. Evil Wraith!! Evil Michael!

    I can not wait for July!!!
    *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

  15. #95
    Second Lieutenant GateLadyM's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    447

    Default Re: They got pwned in ep 20..

    Quote Originally Posted by vaberella
    Yeah....she disappoints me..man! I know this will insight storyline..but damn it..she's been disappointing me for months now...
    First, Weir isn't the only one doing this experiment, obviously others agreed with her, or may even have made the recommendation to her in the first place. Sheppard and/or Beckett could have squashed the whole experiment, if they wanted to.

    One can't blame Weir for everything wrong in Atlantis, though as the civilian leader, she will have to take responsibility, along with Sheppard, who is the military leader. If both went along with it, they both will have to pay for it equally.

  16. #96
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    558

    Default Re: Allies (220)

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Dark
    So what would be the point of the backup then? They'd backup the trojan along with the data and have the same problem. And whats to stop the trojan from executing itself?
    Quote Originally Posted by sgafansam
    Any backup of file infected with a worm will also contain teh worm that deletes the data...so even if he did make a backup it would likely be wiped just like the original data was...
    I don't think either of you actually understandstand computers. If I take a copy of the Wrath data and burn it to a DVD-R, how in the world is a worm going to delete it? Especially if that DVD-R is tucked nicely away in some case that's completely disconnected from any computer system? No code on Earth is going to make a program that's been burned on DVD-R delete itself. Not physically possible.

    As for stopping the program from executing itself, the program is just code. The situation is roughly equivalent to a human being who reads a recipe in a cookbook. Just because the person reads the recipe, doesn't mean that the person has to follow it. I mean, hell, keep in mind that not all operating systems are the same to begin with. Just because something will run on a Mac, for instance, doesn't mean that it will run on a PC. So they could load it up on a different system, isolate the worm, delete the worm, and load it back up.

  17. #97
    Lieutenant Colonel vaberella's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The City of Dis
    Posts
    4,337

    Thumbs up Re: They got pwned in ep 20..

    Quote Originally Posted by GateLadyM
    First, Weir isn't the only one doing this experiment, obviously others agreed with her, or may even have made the recommendation to her in the first place. Sheppard and/or Beckett could have squashed the whole experiment, if they wanted to.

    One can't blame Weir for everything wrong in Atlantis, though as the civilian leader, she will have to take responsibility, along with Sheppard, who is the military leader. If both went along with it, they both will have to pay for it equally.

    I'm not blaming Weir for everythign wrong in Atlantis..I'm blamign WEir for this...Beckett shares in the blame and he knows it, he even said so.

    She's the leader of Atlantis.... She says the final decision in the end. We saw what happened in 'Hot Zone' when John went against her, and she said it would never happen again. That means that she has control, even OVER Sheppard. But I will stand by that if this came under council viewing, Sheppard would stand by her and say he was as much to blame. But it has been done where Weir is in command..and she has authority over what goes on in atlantis and she over powers JOhn' command...again look at Michael where Kate says Michale should be allowed to converse with people...John was against..Weir allowed it, even when he said it wasn't a good idea.

    As a military man I'm sure that John had said no way in hell are we going to bring Michael here...he's a liability. It wouldn't make sense otherwise.

    But for the decision is to bring him to base where the Wraith believed it exploded and then to not even think that something might go wrong...is just inexcusable. You can tell that John was against it..and she went over his head.

    Weir has done many great things, I won't deny that...I have seen a lot of bad things...but nothing, nothing comes worse to this...Not even when John allowed his team to be injected with Wraith enzyme in 'Lost Boys'. This was beyond the worst..I'm just flabbergasted...it's not only detrimental to her, but her people on Atlantis, and let's not forget the many people on the mainland.

    And depending on the amount of intel he was able to wrack up the other neighboring planets that SGA was able to relocate people....I mean come on...this was just a crazy move. That has to be admitted and seen. This wasn't a good idea.

  18. #98
    TC Calvin Jeffer's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2005
    Location
    The Ancient Napkin Despenser Planet
    Posts
    788

    Default Re: Allies (220)

    that or take a copy to earth becasue as i recall as soon as the hive left it started so they were prob the ones that activated it and if there was a copy on earth it would have been to far away to activate the worm


    just like the one in that other ep when there proximity to a Warith ship was small enough it activated
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together

  19. #99
    Captain
    Member Since
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,022

    Default Re: They got pwned in ep 20..

    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJones00
    Dont the two Wraith Hiveships now have boosted hyperdrives? as that is what I assumed when they said that only two pieces of info had been taken from the Atlantis system, the mission reports from the Aurora (meaning info on how to boost the hyperdrive) and the locations of Earth and other plants.

    If this is correct then even the Daedalus might not be able to catch them in time unless they use the ZPM, but then will they leave Atlantis defenceless?
    It said reports, so don't see why they would have hyperdrive upgrades in a report. If they had of saidf something like schematics etc, then it will have been a definite. However without these upgrades, then it will take them years without an intergalactic hyperdrive to even reach the MW. So presumably they do get them somehow, perhaps the Wraith from 'Aurora' had transmitted stuff before Daedalus had even arrived there, that is how they knew to look for the mission reports.

    However I assume that it would still take a decent amount of time to do these modifications, which McKay seemed to be personally thanked for. So maybe he fixed something of which he was unaware of it's signifigance. If they look at the long range scanners, then they can always detect Hive ships at least a few weeks before they are ready to arrive. So that easily gives them enough leeway to use the ZPM & have it back intime. Another one, would be to land Daedalus on the pier, then use that itself to power the cloak. It most likely wouldn't be capable of holding the shield for very long, so at least the cloak would hide them from scans & sight.

    With the Ori situation in the MW at the beginning of S10,
    Spoiler:
    the Jaffa & Earth ships fighting the invading Ori fleet, the Korelev gets destroyed, the Odyssey gets its Hyperdrive damaged etc.
    I don't see them being able to offer much help. So either the Asgard are sent to help, Atlantis could easily dial the gate to the MW. Send them an urgent message, then get the SGC to request Asgard assistance in containing the matter.

    Barring that, only Daedalus or the Orion could do something about it. Being Shep just disappeared, then either he went under the Hive ship like Daedalus was planning to do & hitched a ride or he used the Hyperdrive in the 302 to jump inside the Hive somehow. Then he'll probably eventually locate McKay & Ronon & they'll help stop them from the inside, which probably buys time to catch up with them.

    If it were me in charge, I'd sacrifice the Atlantis ZPM, providing no Wraith ships were on approach. Install it in the Orion, get everybody working on fixing the weapons en route. It looks like those lances are energy weapons of sorts, so I can see a single 'Aurora' class warship being able to take out two Hives on it's own. It'll probably be captained by Caldwell & has Zelenka fixing the weapons, while Daedalus stays behind in Pegasus & Hermiod works to crack the jamming code. That way it at least gives him a couple of weeks to do something about it. So if something does come up, then Daedalus can at least take care of them with the beaming tech again, until the Orion gets back.


    Quote Originally Posted by someonerandom
    the answer about the aurora mission reports is that at this point we don't know much about the reports.. they are "reports"... also, we don't know how depleted the ZPM is on the orion.. perhaps the orion is just rusty.. to me, there are many possibilities.. i bet everyone at this point will be thrown off before any spoilers are released....

    We don't even know if it has a ZPM installed, I predict that it doesn't. After all the shields were pretty much gone & weapons, engines were all offline at the time. So if it did have one, then it'd pretty much be gone, especially since the shields were penetrated enough to cause severe internal damage. For that to happen then shields are pretty much depleted. So any ZPM would be probably drained by that point. That said, I don't think they were designed to have ZPM's powering them as standard. The weapons sat's didn't even use them, they had their own internal power source etc & so I believe that the ships would be the same. However there shouldn't be any problems installing a ZPM in it at all.

  20. #100
    Chief Master Sergeant
    Member Since
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    151

    Default Re: They got pwned in ep 20..

    you know what.. everyone is at fault.. some of you are blaming weir. when facts are that caldwell and sheppard (both military leaders) gave there ok and is therefore at fault. as for the scientific view, mckay is at fault as well because he let his obsession with wraith technology take the best of him, they basically lured him from taking safety precautions to all the info you can get just like that.. even though she is the leader and made the deals, she gathered and listened to everyone's opinions.. that makes a good leader.. now let me ask some of you guys.. how would you feel if your leader didn't care about your opinions and expertise. its the same thing with the jobs you all have, if employers don't listen to employees, you lose communication, and everyone wouldn't like where they are.

    and another thing its not that big of a deal.. ooh 2 wraith hive ships.. that is nothing. we already taken out 6 if i remmeber correctly. and plus i dont think the 2 wraith ships will tell the rest of the hive ships.. for 2 reasons.. 1. they are at civil war because of low human population in pegasus galaxy.. and of course 2. why would they want to share an all you can eat buffet with the other hive ships.

Similar Threads

  1. The Allies in Allies?
    By Simonthefurling in forum SGA General Discussion
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: March 24th, 2006, 09:34 AM
  2. Goa'uld as allies?
    By the Fifth Race in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: March 23rd, 2006, 01:49 PM
  3. Old Allies
    By Helo in forum SG-1 General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: September 15th, 2005, 03:07 PM
  4. new allies
    By jsw in forum SG-1 General Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: August 4th, 2005, 03:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •