Inferno (219)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ichigo
    I love the bit when Mckay, and Shepperd were fighting over the ships name. And Shepperd says 'No, we're not calling it the Enterprise". And i just watched the ep. where Jack and Sam were arguing about the name of Prometheus.
    The original name Sucked. I would hate to have that name,(i forget it) even if you got your name on a ship.
    My husband said that they should rename it to "Professor Lidenbrock"... And I agree
    Originally posted by starfox
    Where do I start? Attractive blonde scientist chick was fun, and well-acted. Yay for her not feeling like a random alien bimbo. I'm far too lazy to look up the actress's name now, but wasn't she on Andromeda.
    She did. And in SG-1, too - she had been the Tok'ra Zarin in 'Endgame'.
    And I should add that it has been really nice to hear Ronon laugh.
    Last edited by joasia; 24 January 2006, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Okay, hands down, the best ep of the season so far. Fabulous human drama, with volcanos! I love how Binder never forgets who his characters are and how they interact with each other. So many lovely character moments, especially between Sheppard and McKay. They were a delight to watch, and quite frankly, I can never get enough of the Sheppard/McKay show. To me, this was the anti-"Trinity"--Rodney saves the day, despite his doubts, and John has endless faith in him, while baiting and encouraging and teasing. There's real affection there, and it's lovely to see.

And the blonde scientist woman, flirting shamelessly with both of them? Was quite entertaining. A babe of the week that I actually liked.

This ep had a real "team" feel to it, everyone doing their part, without feeling like a character has been shoehorned in just to get some screentime. The pacing was great, the tension, the dialogue, everything was wonderful. The sense of relief at the end, when everyone was safe--now that's what I love about this show. Seeing people who care about each other.

An exciting, action-filled ep with explosions, and spaceships, and real people trying their best to save the day and each other--this is what Atlantis does best.

I am a very happy fan.

Sindet

Comment

Originally posted by Sindet
        To me, this was the anti-"Trinity"--Rodney saves the day, despite his doubts, and John has endless faith in him, while baiting and encouraging and teasing. There's real affection there, and it's lovely to see.
        Ooooh, I like this comparison! Nice to see that mirror here. Thanks for this little connection.

This ep had a real "team" feel to it, everyone doing their part, without feeling like a character has been shoehorned in just to get some screentime. The pacing was great, the tension, the dialogue, everything was wonderful. The sense of relief at the end, when everyone was safe--now that's what I love about this show. Seeing people who care about each other.
        Ahhh...perfect. Love the team eps -- especially when the throwaway lines are kept to a minimum. Cool.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

While I get started on the transcript, did anyone get the end credits? My version ended before they ran. Was the guy who walked off to his death with some others named in the credits, cos I don't remember him being named during the episode. Also, did anyone watch with c.c. on and so can give me the proper spellings of Norena/Nureena/Noreena and the Chancellor?

Thanks for any help! I'll let you know when the transcript's up.

Comment

Sorry my version ended before too. And unfortunately, the character is not quoted on IMDB or even on the official website of Brandy Ledford

Comment

They were not putting more energy into the volcano. They were drawing more out of it. Think of it in terms of layers : they were sucking up magma from Layer one, however, they then started drawing up more and more than it was designed to do. So what happened was Layer one started to dry out and therefore lower Layers started to get sucked up to it. From this the flow started to break through and everything started going up. This lead to instability and bam!

Comment

I just got done receiving the show from my 4th cousin Bit in the Yukon and I must say that this episode was one of the better ones this season. I like the idea of the Orion being around.

Comment

Can I just say that the visual effects in this one totally rocked? I LOVED them!

The blond I could go either way on. She didn't really do anything. The tension between John and Rodney could have been really hilarious. Unfortunately, since John has gone after just about every female he's run into, I just got annoyed that he was going after another one. If it didn't happen as often, I would have found it hilarious.

I loved Elizabeth's "what's he like?" comment. Oh, Lizzie, you need teh secks.
                  "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                  My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
                    And you're an expert on the science behind Ancient shield technology? Otherwise how would you know that the shield generator drawing energy from the volcano couldn't cause it to become unstable?
                    Well, it's science fiction and of course it's everyone's right to ignore the scientific explanations and just enjoy the fiction aspects. That's alright. But I'm interested in the scientific explanations, and I think in this case Jarnin is right:
                    you can't add energy to something you're extracting energy from.
                    Laws of physics. And increasing the pressure inside the volcano means adding energy. But they don't do that. I don't think the volcano would be bothered by the shield of the ancients, no matter how long it runs.
                    Originally posted by starfox
                    Ya gotta wonder where McKay got all this expertise on everything under the sun. Volcanos and geothermal energy? A little out of an astrophyscist's usual baliwick, isn't it?
                    I'm one of the people who really don't like it when scientists become super-scientists on TV (like Sam Carter), but in this case I think it's not so unusual that McKay knows something about the "event of the day". Yes, he's no geologist, but he knows a lot about physics (and thermodynamics is a part of that), and maybe he doesn't know all the details about volcanos. But he can know the basics (maybe it's a hobby. ). And there wasn't much he said about super volcanos that I didn't know or hadn't heard before (and I really don't know that much about them), so I think his explanations and knowledge were believable in this ep.

Bye, A.
                    ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                    ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Scifi is the name Stargate Atlantis Appears on in the Us Scifi Scifi stands for Science Fiction Fiction means Fake Correct? Well Heres my explenation on the whole volcano explosion thing. They wrote it It doesnt have to be logicial It just happend. lol I mean why try and explain something when either A you know its wrong or B its doesnt need to be explained? I know I enjoyed the episode just the same weather or not its scientificly correct

Comment

The situation could have been resolved much more easily if the Daedalus had just plucked a gate from a neighboring planet and used it to evacuate everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                          The situation could have been resolved much more easily if the Daedalus had just plucked a gate from a neighboring planet and used it to evacuate everyone.
                          Who's to say that there was a planet with a stargate nearby. And for that matter, who's to say that if they did bring a new gate, that it wouldn't have just got sucked into the volcano like the last one. Also, I liked the fact that the Daedalus didn't save the day. Sure, they had it help out briefly, but I think they ep wouldn't have been as good if they could have just stepped in and resolved the problem in a matter of minutes. It gave the characters a chance to find their own solution, and made for a pretty awesome episode in my opinion. I just finished an earth science course last month (volcanoes being the coolest part), and I just loved all stuff about in the ep about the super-volcano, albeit, some of it was a tad bit incorrect, but hey it's fiction.

Comment

I must agree with the majority of you and say that this has been one of the best episodes this half of the season. It seems that the episodes are slowly getting better since Coup d'etat. I now cant wait to Allies next week. I loved how they went back to the whole team-driven episodes, it just works alot better this way for some reason.

I also thought that the whole E.L.E. (dont ask me to spell it all out, but think 'Deep Impact' and meets Pompeii) I am finding that Ronon and Teyla are a great pair together, they work really well with one and other.... Almost like they are twins... McKay, he is someone that you have to come to like. Yes he may be whiney and freak out alot, but it works, especially when he is really the only one that can save the team from their inpending doom. And John is just John.

Comment

Originally posted by GateByte
                              Who's to say that there was a planet with a stargate nearby. And for that matter, who's to say that if they did bring a new gate, that it wouldn't have just got sucked into the volcano like the last one. Also, I liked the fact that the Daedalus didn't save the day. Sure, they had it help out briefly, but I think they ep wouldn't have been as good if they could have just stepped in and resolved the problem in a matter of minutes. It gave the characters a chance to find their own solution, and made for a pretty awesome episode in my opinion. I just finished an earth science course last month (volcanoes being the coolest part), and I just loved all stuff about in the ep about the super-volcano, albeit, some of it was a tad bit incorrect, but hey it's fiction.
                              At the very least they could have used the Atlantis gate. They didn't have to put the gate down inside the volcano, it'd be stupid to do that. They could have put it on the other side of the planet far away from any danger and then beamed people to the gate, it would have been slower but still much faster than ferrying people to Atlantis. Once they finished evacuating the people, they could have had Hermiod and Zelenka help McKay fix the Orion.

Comment

That was one god damned excellent ep....def. the best next to the Siege P3 this season
                                The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Working...
                                X