Firefly wins Film 2005 Film of the Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefly wins Film 2005 Film of the Year

For those outside the UK, Film 2005 is a weekly film review programme in the UK. It's very mainstream, having been called Film 1974 when first broadcast on the BBC

It voted Serenity as film of the year. Others in the top ten were Sideways, HP&tGoF, Batman Begins, Crash, and some films I forgot.

Serenity got a small montage of clips like Define Interesting, and Or We Could Talk Some More. Jonathan Ross (the host, a very big cheese) said how brilliant the film was, and that it hadn't been seen by enough people but everyone who saw it loved it.

Joss had filmed an acceptance speech. He thanks "the people of Britainland for voting for my film Sere Nitty". He says that the film was "a labour of love - which means a box-office disappointment". He says that every time someone makes a movie they look inside their own hearts, and what he found in his heart was "spaceships, weird people and a little girl who kicks the hell out of people."

YAY

Madeleine

Fantastic. Its won loads of awards over at IGN and even came as a runner up for Best Movie. I hope Whedon is having a party somewhere and some high ups at Scifi are seeing the benefit of buying the series.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Best acceptance speech ever. "Sere Nitty" was priceless.
      :: How Would You Feel About Life If Death Was Your Older Sister? ::

Comment

I really hope these awards spark some companies interest in picking it up as a show.
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
        X